/spg/ - Smartphone General

OnePlus 6 Red Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier
you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

previous thread

Attached: OnePlus-6-Red-2.png (1200x800, 253K)

Other urls found in this thread:

androidauthority.com/southeast-asia-phablets-283826/
verizonwireless.com/prepaid/smartphones/moto-e4-prepaid/
bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1342873-REG/moto_01150nartl_moto_e_16gb_black.html
youtube.com/watch?v=-7BAByDiT20
youtube.com/watch?v=D6g85vqdK2A
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_5_pro-8893.php
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAEKA6PY1136&cm_re=Meizu-_-9SIAEKA6PY1136-_-Product
liquidcrystaltechnologies.com/tech_support/Ghosting.htm
forum.xda-developers.com/v20/themes/kcal-settings-best-display-color-t3653992
forum.xda-developers.com/le-2/how-to/kernel-adiutor-settings-8h-sot-colour-t3721254
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

*previous thread

Rate my smartphone journey
>HTC g7
>Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD
>Motorola DROID Maxx
>Moto x4

mobilism is dead. where does one get cracked APKs or APKs without ads?

Hello, I need phone buying advice

USA
AT&T/Cricket, prefer something unlocked for all USA networks so I am not stuck with certain networks

Features... Good battery life.. Powerful enough to video chat....Good cameras would be nice... Either unlocked bootloader or supported for at least a couple of years by oem.. it doesn't seem like there are many differing features on phones anymore so I don't know what else to think about..size does not matter... Would probably like 3.5mm jack but not required.. something larger than my 4.5" Moto e2 but I don't think that's asking for much since they don't make them this small anymore.

My budget, I would like to keep it at $300 or less but I am willing to spend more if it's really worth it..

QWERTY horizontal sliders when?

Attached: vlcsnap-2014-02-20-10h12m17s205.png (640x480, 393K)

just install Blockada or DNS66 and block the ads instead of getting some shady "patched" APKs you retard

this doesn't help when looking for paid apps. I was hoping there was a private tracker or something more reliable as an alternative to mobilism

blackmart

Moto X4

Nokia 6.1

Need buying advice:

Region: US
Carrier: Straight Talk

I want one with good battery life and a good camera are my main wants. 3.5mm jack is wanted but not a deal breaker. I would prefer a phone with thinner bezels if possible.

Budget: Would like to keep it at $300 or less.

Locked bootloader, nobody should buy Nokia

>Pure Android with 2 years of updates
Seems like a good reason, but if at the end of those two years they still don't offer a way to unlock the bootloader, then I agree with you

Why do people want colorful phones? You're putting a case on it anyways

You can't even root the thing. It's useless

Not putting a case on your daily driver is like fucking your girl without a condom. I feel bad for all of you case cucks

Why doesn't anyone here seem to have or recommend Asus phones? Are they shit?

God Bless all my verizon anons who only have 2 OEMs to choose from.

>usb-C
>SD card slot
>headphone jack
>didn't fall for no bezel meme
>not samshit or PLA botnet

Literally the only thing stopping me from buying one right now is their retarded decision to not unlock bootloader despite promising it. Unless someone can recommend me a phone that fulfills all the above I'm not budging from my HTC 10, I'm even willing to accept chinkshit if it fits those criteria absolutely perfectly

>implying anyone is ever free from hardware backdoors

Going to buy an in box phone, this guy is selling it for about half the price everyone else is so im suspicious
Is there anything i should be wary of?
Im thinking i will just ask him to open the box in front of me to make sure the phone is there, and then i should be good right?

Just got the galaxy s8+, holy shit that screen quality is nuts

I have an HTC 10 and the only things I'm considering moving to are the Xperia XZ1 and the Galaxy Active S8. I would've got the Nokia 8 Sirocco but fucking HMD decided that Americans don't deserve it, which is true, but I want them to let me give them money

Good luck with your curved edge gimmick and trying to protect it while not adding another smartphone's weight to it. It does look impressive, but not until its faults until microLED.

Weight doesn't really matter to me so having a wallet case for it is no big deal and i've got big hands so the size is pretty spot on at least for me.

So, I've been meaning to get a low end smartphone for the last 6 months or so. Someone initially recommended a motorola e4, but verizon wouldn't sell me one, so I got annoyed and just put it off for a while.
Fast forward to now, and my parents thought it would be a good idea to buy a random phone for my birthday and mail it 500 miles. I can still return it, but it would be a huge pain in the ass, so I'm wondering if I should just keep it.
It's an LG K20 V. Looking at the review sites in the OP there's almost no info on it. Is there anything I should know about it?
I really don't want much out of a phone, pretty much just want to read books and use GPS, and have enough control over it to adblock and delete any bloatware that's wasting battery.

>LG K20 V
Well, it is low end so you got what you wanted.

I heard redmi note 5 the one with sd636 awesome. Is it good in Canada? has been planning to buy it for a long time.

When is the price of the OnePlus 5T going down?
Any good deals online for it?

Attached: 1521577283372.jpg (1216x1216, 469K)

Never, they no longer produce it.

Get the Global version, it's supported on most Canadian carriers.

Is the huge phone screen trend purely a Chinese culture thing? By this I mean do Koreans also prefer huge screens over smaller ones? The Japanese seem to prefer small phones with the amount of iPhones and small sony phones used

>Is the huge phone screen trend purely a Chinese culture thing
It's a worldwide thing.

If Pixel 2 XL is $200 cheaper than Galaxy S9+, is it worth getting?

If you're telling us that you can get a pixel 2 XL for 450 bucks, then yes

It's more like $700.

Is there anything blatantly wrong with it, is what I need to know. Is there some other low end phone that I should definitely get instead?
Honestly, I have no fucking idea what compels people to buy a $1000 phone. Last time I was here, I posted a long list of everything I could ever want my phone to do, and was told I could do that on literally any smartphone. As far as I can tell, people are just throwing money away for the trendiest miniature cameras.

don't buy one then

androidauthority.com/southeast-asia-phablets-283826/

Any app to replace miui's app lock I've installed aosp extended and it lacks that option.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-07-02-20-23-22-682_com.brave.browser.png (720x1280, 56K)

Well, considering it's a Verizon phone it's completely locked down so don't expect to ever get root or any custom ROMs. An since it is a LG phone I wouldn't hold your breath on it receiving any updates either.

What exactly are you looking for? A low-end phone or a cheap phone? You can go cheap as fuck and get a Zuk Z2 with 3.5k battery and SD 820 if you want to go cheap "low end". I think it goes for around $170-180.

How much did your parents pay for it anyway?

You can buy the s8+ for under $600 new? It's basically the s9+ with a worse camera right? The s9+ is like $850. It couldn't possibly be worth it.

The s8+ is literally an s8 with an extra .5" on the screen and a larger battery to compensate, same SOT. They are exactly the same otherwise. You can buy the s8 for $500 new and it's better than the op6

Better screen, no notch, 3.5mm jack, ip68, microsd card slot, better battery life apparently

Is there a smartphone out there with a decent battery life?

sup niggers
I live in the US and am on Verizon (CDMA SIM). however, I am going to be traveling with my family to Ireland this summer and would like to have a phone that works there too (for emergencies, etc.)

where can I get the best cheapest phone that fits these requirements, and also has the highest possible version of android (preferably 5.0 or later)? I haven't kept up with phones in years

yes

Moto E4

This, it's great if you have big hands

>Moto E4
yea that's GSM tho and if I understand correctly Verizon is CDMA

GSM is the global standard. You wont find much, if any, CDMA coverage abroad.

how about the Moto G6? ~$230 is a bit more than I wanted to spend but it has all the radios so it should work wherever, right? as in, we can get a cheap prepaid international SIM, and then I can use it for CDMA back in the States

was gonna get a oneplus
but that security breach they had a few months ago was super fucked

No, Moto E4 is GSM+CDMA. It's fully supported on Verizon, hell they themselves sell it:
verizonwireless.com/prepaid/smartphones/moto-e4-prepaid/

Or at least they used to, now it's out of stock. I guess you might find it elsewhere. Or go with the successor Moto E5 Play

That'll work too.

What breach?

well I think between the two I'd go for the E4 for price but pic related, Walmart shows it as GSM only? is there another model or something or are they just wrong?

Attached: file.png (1023x897, 87K)

It was a web store breach. Didn't stop be from getting a OnePlus 6 last week.

why would you ever fuck your girl with a condom if you're exclusive

Walmart is just showing the wrong info, check here, it's the same phone:
bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1342873-REG/moto_01150nartl_moto_e_16gb_black.html

the SKU number is different tho, so I guess I'll be driving over to Walmart to see for myself. thanks for the info, also there seems to be several relatively cheap CDMA/GSM phones on ebay

The manufacturer number is the same, 01150NARTL

Someone got a script on one of their payment processing servers and jacked a bunch of cc's and shit
just kinda spooked me, made me feel like they're less competent as a company i dunno

Dear /spg/ what internet browser do you recommend?
It has to have a somewhat usable ad blocker.

Opera just gets more cancer with every update.

why does Jow Forums hate iOS again?

you know you can pair-lock it and push your own profiles with iCloud disabled, no self-signed apps, push your own certs, etc.?

is it cuz there's no file manager? the rsync client is kind of shitty, especially for $5, but i'll take that over having a botnetphone that's also vulnerable to any forensics tool on the market

Upgraded from rn4 to rn5p, shit's cash

What smartphone smartass.

Huawei Mate 10 Pro
No need to be rude :3

Reposting:
>I need a phone to replace my Lumia 640. It still works (except the battery doesn't last 2+ days anymore) but I need some "local" apps that are not available on WP.

>I don't play games. The application I use the most is WhatsApp and the second most used application is probably my bank's.

>I watched this: youtube.com/watch?v=-7BAByDiT20 but the recommendations cost five times more than the 640 back when I bought it and I'm not willing to pay that much.

>I live in Brazil if it matters. (no carrier-specific bullshit here afaik)

Go to kimovil
Use the LTE Band frequency filter on the left when searching smartphones
Good luck

Ask a vague question, get a vague answer. If you want phone recommendations, see the OP.

Because I don't want to lose 2 hours and having a computer nearby to do something android does in two clicks.
>storing important info on your phone
>not encrypting your computers hard drive

I think I'm finna boutta get a lg v20
any pros/cons/issues from someone whos been using it for a while?
these tech reviewers use it for 2 days so I don't trust em

Attached: v20.jpg (438x500, 24K)

Which budget phone has the best camera? My LG G4 just bootlooped, but I'm tempted to get another one because it's so cheap and the camera is amazing.

Redmi note 5 seems like a good phone but the camera is dogshit.

Attached: 19148923_1056562391145434_3737990581437386072_n.jpg (480x480, 59K)

Fucking christ on a crutch! The answer to your question user (which seems so difficult for the programmed brainlets itt) is that there isn't anything inherently wrong with it. As it is a budget phone you might find it to be underwhelming when using it for nav, but should be fine with browsing and ebook reading. As for the privacy aspect, well, gonna have to eat that one as a cursory browse seems to imply no root available so disabling/uninstalling spyware is gonna be tough. Most likely the same for simple resource hogs, too.

Redmi Note 5 with GCam

Firefox Focus

pros:
fast, great camera quality, great finger sensor, rootable, quad dac, bright screen, easy to remove battery, great videos

cons:
need to edit colors to prevent ghosting, slow camera focusing, one speaker in an awkward place, big phone that lacks a big battery, no led indicator, rooting can be a pain depending on which version you own

issues:
the phone was listed along with other LG phones in a lawsuit dealing with bootlooping, ala ->. The one user keeps pointing that out every time someone brings up this phone, but from what I've found and what other anons have pointed out, is that the inclusion of this phone in the lawsuit is more so hyperbole than anything to actually worry about. ie it has the same chance of bootlooping as literally any other phone has of bootlooping. When I was rooting it (my first time ever rooting), I was stuck in a bootloop but was able to get out of it so you should be fine. The glass covering the camera is very fragile since LG thought it was a good idea to put a thin, tiny piece of glass protruding out from the phone, garunteeing it's going to make contact with anything. A case is a must with this phone, preferebly one that props the camera lens. Since it's made of metal, you're gonna get finger prints all over it. LG is ridiculously slow with updates and you're better off rooting if you want to keep up to date.

Aside from that, it's a great phone to use, I really enjoy it. I've only had minor problems so far, and that's more my fault than the phones fault. I think you're gonna like it.

>finna boutta
Drop the nigger act

what is ghosting?
And fuck, i'm canadian so i would probably be getting the canadian variant.
I'm trying to see if I can get an american version right now.

The other thing I was wondering, is how it does on heat. Because I know lg has had phones that heat up easily in the past. And adding a case only makes that worse.

wat u finna boutta do about it

also
>big phone that lacks a big battery
what do you mean by that, it has bad battery life?

*smacks lips*
AYOO NUGGI DIS BE MY BOARD FUCK OUTTA HERE

ghosting:
youtube.com/watch?v=D6g85vqdK2A

for heat, it does get hot, but so far hasn't overheated.
for the battery, I meant that as it's such a big phone they could have made more space for a bigger battery. From what i've heard other anons say though is that the battery isn't spectacular. I wouldn't know, since my phone prior to the v20 only had a 2000mah battery so this is a huge improvement

*shuffles pants waist*
SUM FINNA BOUT TA GO DOWN NIGGUH

Because retarded autistic types think android allows them to be hackerman.

I would've recommended Lightning and its forks, but all of them seem to have been abandoned. Brave for now. It makes the most sense.

What are some cool apps or things to do with my s9?

>but i'll take that over having a botnetphone that's also vulnerable to any forensics tool on the market
Because nothing says security and privacy like a proprietary operating system.

Go ahead and buy a device which would inevitably bootloop and make you unable to recover any data, because clearly everyone here knows better than a law firm handling a class action lawsuit against LG. At least it's not a considerable amount of money you'll waste.

>Redmi note 5 seems like a good phone but the camera is dogshit.
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_5_pro-8893.php
This variant especially, but the 625 one as well makes drastically better photos with Gcam.

>Both your request and pic are pic reated.

Attached: goodTaste.jpg (680x383, 27K)

Blackberry Z10

so is ghosting only an issue for gaming?
And how do you feel about the dock at the top?
And I don't know how to feel about the heat. The thing about the g3 is it would heat up for games that weren't remotely graphic intensive. 2d shit. I never understood this, and although it didn't overheat it caused issues overtime due to heat degradation.

I got a note 3 that is suddenly getting slow as fuck despite having factory reset it multiple times and i debugged it enough to figure out that the internal memory is literally eroding which makes sense since it's been about 5 years and has gone through 2 other people before me.

Looking on the hunt for another Verizon(North America) phone. What's important to me is battery life and microsd and maybe an "okay" camera for up to around $350.

It seems impossible to find a Chinese phone that supports my local 4G though.
This seems absolutely great but I'm not sure if sacrificing 4G and settling with 3G is a good idea

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAEKA6PY1136&cm_re=Meizu-_-9SIAEKA6PY1136-_-Product

Attached: 1527977760450.jpg (1024x831, 104K)

>not buying the superior T version every OP iteration

Attached: 1529958554342.jpg (653x655, 45K)

not an issue with gaming, just an issue with LCD screens.
liquidcrystaltechnologies.com/tech_support/Ghosting.htm

I personally love the second screen, as pointless as it is. There's a great app a guy on xda developed specifically for the second screen that gives it a huge amount of customization (he also created the method I used to root my phone so big props to him). For heating, if you download kernal auditor, you'll be able to adjust your gpu and cpu frequencies to your liking to circumvent any heating issues. You can also use it to edit the colors on the screen so that knocks out two birds with one stone.
forum.xda-developers.com/v20/themes/kcal-settings-best-display-color-t3653992
forum.xda-developers.com/le-2/how-to/kernel-adiutor-settings-8h-sot-colour-t3721254

bixby can chew my cock tbqh

Attached: samshit.png (887x893, 1.41M)

remap the button to something else