Can you stop recommending shit apps?

>start watching long video
>pause it after a bit
>press home button
>use another app
>go back to the video
>new pipe didn't keep track of where i paused and the video starts over from 0:00

Attached: serveimage.png (192x192, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/TeamNewPipe/NewPipe
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

try youtube vanced. Acts up sometimes but is otherwise good

t. RAMlet

Open an issue here about it
github.com/TeamNewPipe/NewPipe

that happens to YouTube app too, it just means that your potato is running low on RAM. Either stop using shit in the background or upgrade already

Attached: wtfamireading.jpg (1024x569, 109K)

You need "angry birds cheats" from play store, it prevents background apps from being closed

you're welcome

Chromecast support when?

Streaming on external player when?

thanks i'll check it out

what the hell are you on about? my phone has 3 GB of ram. i closed all the apps, checked how much free ram i had (1.8GB) and newpipe still behaved like that. it doesn't happen in any mobile browser

this happens in vlc as well, half the time, very annoying

>my [system/greenify/any other shit I installed] killed background app
>app is ded
>it's app's fault

It's still Android, not NewPipe, that's the problem. When it deems that RAM is low it'll kill background apps to free up memory. I think you should post an issue on GitHub because it can't be too difficult implementing a feature that keeps track on time elapsed of videos and write it so that if you open the video again it'll play from where it was last time.

Why?

I remember it was supported in previous versions.

Hahhaaha wat RAMlet
Thats ehat you get for being to poor to buy 6gb of RAM

>watching long videos on your phone instead of your PC

>having a PC
Time to die granpa

>>r/technology

>

why lie on the internet? summerfags

LOL amirite

>new pipe didn't keep track of where i paused and the video starts over from 0:00
is open source, you can write a fix, but Jow Forums barely can write a FizzBuzz loop, how you write a shitting fix?

vanced used to be iYTBP, it's literally the closed-source youtube app with some shit on it, reason it isn't in F-Droid

it's a great app though to be fair

Attached: 0cc1.jpg (633x640, 51K)

>Being a RAMlet

Get a nonshit phone, Miguel.

Hes pajeet tier

you're all pretty retarded, i have had my 1+1 for more than 4 years, same rom, and i've kept all sort of heavy apps in the background with 0 issues. i used to play bloated ass games like asphalt and real racing, and i could keep them both in the background, leave a game to do something else and find it exactly where i left. this thing happens ONLY with new pipe

you know, some people leave their houses from time to time

Nope I have this issue as well and I'm pretty sure it's just NewPipe as apps like SkyTube don't do it. I only use YouTube for music in my phone though, and background play and picture in picture work perfectly. Laptops are way better for watching YouTube.

Even worse, how can one watch a long video on the streets?

>Needing to watch youtube at all
>Not just downloading the video to watch it sometime after

>Suggesting non open source apps
Why are you here?