How can we fix Windows 10?

Attached: 1.jpg (1400x787, 365K)

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/es-es/software-download/windows10
gist.github.com/CHEF-KOCH/fff6b236292216f358fd5f05c792848c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

format C:\

>How can we fix Windows 10?
where to start... fix the ui, get rid of command prompt and use an terminal emulator, get rid of installers and wizards and make selfcontaining .app packages (Like mac)... add key remapping functionality

Start from scratch. Rebuild it from the ground up with a sane, simple design structure. Windows 11

- Remove all kinds of spyware/telemetry
- Remove all screens that try to imitate mobile designs, full focus on desktop
- Updates can be enabled or disabled with a single checkbox
- Move from multiple releases per year to a LTS model
- Give up on UWP, remove Windows Store
- Give up on "Windows as a service", goes back to selling software instead of data mining users
- Rework every Windows tool to use Fluent. It does look good.

That would make it good software. To make it ethical, release it with a free license.

Attached: funny finger.png (960x540, 830K)

>kill spyware
>kill the kikes who think charging $300 for an OS is acceptable
>have at least a not idiot-proofed version so that people who actually know what they're doing aren't slowed down by "oh noes windblows did a big screwy!!1" instead of an error log
>auto updates turned off by default, with at least a prompt that says it's turned off by default
>this

Remove the telemetry and make it open source.

>How can we fix Windows 10?
By not using it.

You can't
It's Perfect

Attached: 1530458586069.gif (350x350, 54K)

Remove MS backdoors

Attached: 1530410101315.jpg (706x1000, 155K)

-Remove spyware and telemetry.
- Remove the metro bullshit and bring back desktop to back to windows 7.
- Increase performance by making more efficent structure so not only windows 10 will require less resources, but also it will be fastest.
- Everyone who has legit windows 10 license should get free windows 10 tan body pillow.
- Also give option for bonus desktop styles able to download (Windows 98 style and windows xp style)

[reaction pic related]

Attached: 21.png (1568x1136, 1.31M)

You don't fix what is not broken, W10 is perfect software

I fixed mine and if (You) can't, it's your problem.

blue board...

>anal

Attached: corruption-of-champivbswg.jpg (1262x1262, 205K)

>let me turn off security updates

Why is Jow Forums so motherfucking retarded?

>uninstall windows 10
>insert disc
>install windows 7
>fix the minor issues with windows 7
there, done and dusted

>add key remapping functionality
You don't have a clue what that would cause, do you?
"Dude, why does my B write A?"
"What do you mean CTRL+F? Oh, you meant CTRL+V."

>You don't have a clue what that would cause, do you?

well, coming from Mac background, I can't switch to using windows because of muscle memory..

they could just hide this functionality, or make presets ("mac keyboard shortcuts layout, windows layout etc")

My computer is for me, I don't give a shit about how usable it is for others. If they mind they can just switch to qwerty easily anyways.

Installing Windows 7 :)

Android have way more data collection than W10 and no one is crying about it

>windows 10has boobs
But Windows 10 is flat

blue board dud

Attached: 37134543_p0_master1200.jpg (830x989, 461K)

I just got a promotion. Thanks.

Fpbp

Sauce?

microsoft.com/es-es/software-download/windows10

do a radical and consistant redesign instead of these half-attempts they do every year only to scrap it for another design that they won't fully finish either
right now W10 has design elements of Windows 95, Vista, 7, 8, 10RTM, 10UWP and 10 Fluent Design all at the same time in a weird mix

Kill it with fire and just jump to windows 11

my boss sucked my dicc, thanks

won't happen senpai, Windows As A Service is the future now
Enterprise is already subscitption based

Make it FLOSS, push basic shit onto ReactOS, delete windows from existence

>spanish

dios mio....

Add the ability to let a program read/write to a file that's open in another program.

Why is her skirt so short that you can see her but cheek

This all the way.

Take her tight fresh pussy and put it in Win7's body. AKA backport all Win10 kernel improvements into a Win7se OS keeping 7's UI and ability to control updates.

>How can we
We can't. Only Micro$oft can, and they won't.

If it bothers you, switch to something else. If it doesn't, bite the bullet and embrace the botnet.

We don't. We just use LTSB.
Let idiots use Windows 10.

LTSB is same shit though.
Just had to try it on my new SSD so I can rightfully continue shitting on 8, 8.1, 10 and ltsb.

start by fixing Microsoft's management
the devs only write the code they are told to write

What's wrong with ltsb

nothing but its just W10 anyways

Wait for the unlicensed Windows 11: Mutiny Edition

Windows 10 seems bogged down due to it. The functionality of the software suffers
As if they took windows 7 and threw a ton of shit on top of it.

Android may be worse but it doesn't get in the way of me using my phone.

Windows defender is constantly running shit in the background or taking up an ungodly amount of ram even when it's turned off in the settings. Many other processes of win10 seem to be for data collection or other added "features" on top of win7 that hinder the overall experience for a proficient user who has shit they would like to get done.

In win7 I can run no antivirus whatsoever. In win10 it is forced. Even going in and deleting every windows defender file doesn't work. Next update it will find it's way back. And updates like to switch themselves back on without telling you.

Almost like ms doesn't give a shit about user preference and wants to maximize data collection.

>Entirely replace Microsoft's management
>Enable more visual customisation
>Remove the backdoors and stop the datamining
>Close down the MS Store, fuck UWP

Replace all Windows 10 versions with the government edition.

Stop using it entirely
Microsoft will realize they fucked up, as their userbase plummets
The switch to other platforms will benefit those platforms and reinforce inter-operability between different operating systems

Of course that would never happen, people are too dependent on windows at this point

>government edition
What is this and where can I pirate it

>- Give up on UWP
Other than the Windows Store nonsense, why? Microsoft badly needs a proper Win32 successor to take traction.

Attached: 1377833026475.jpg (500x410, 115K)

UWP is fucking attrocious though

Create an ISO with dism.
gist.github.com/CHEF-KOCH/fff6b236292216f358fd5f05c792848c

Remove the telemetry and replace command prompt with a bash clone

Attached: 1528470160361.jpg (817x880, 305K)

If you're trying to use it without Visual Studio or with that awful proprietary take on C++, yeah, it is. Not sure why MS hates is C++ users so hard since the end result is that they jump to *nix or web.

Attached: 1301539848889.gif (646x812, 10K)

>Based on Enterprise N (original only avaible in china)
>Language packs can't be activated (but downloaded) afterwards but you can integrate them via dism
>Activation (kms) will be over 400 years+
>No one Drive, Xbox apps (but you can manually add them via dism)
>Only updates you will recive are Adobe Flash and Windows Defender - this also means it won't get cumulative updates! But you can manually install it!
>You can install other updates manually (the ones which aren't blocked) e.g. Windows 10 Media Feature Package N
>Cortana is still present (cause it will replace entire search one day)
>No telemetry
>gpedit.msc and his entries are identically to Enterprise version
>This version is not validated by MS (see source link)
>Is Bitlocker compromised? See source for more. I doubt cause you need to manually install it AFTER the OS is installed.
>There are no chinese backdoors, for sure, the certmgr.msc is even cleaner as in original Enterprise versions. The rest of all files are identically.
>Overall it's a better OS without a lot of crap.
>Ei.cfg needs to be manipulated in order to do an upgrade install (fresh works):

>unironically endorsing Visual Studio, at all, ever
Explains why you think UWP is at all acceptable

Make mandatory features only the same as windows server 2016. Stores, defender etc are all optional

>being too poor to afford a VS license
It's like you don't even work for a real company.

Attached: 1402035780668.gif (217x217, 1.46M)

what happens to everyone with their outdated potatos

I wouldn't use VS if someone fucking paid me, it's an absolute abortion of usability, why in gods name anyone thinks it's an acceptable IDE I will never understand, especially given all the excellent alternatives. Beyond that, with UWP microsoft is attempting to create an apple style walled garden, which is the most heinous thing to happen to the PC ecosystem since IE, they fundamentally misunderstand nearly every tenant of maintainable software development, or have to disreguard them in the name of backwards compatibility. It pains me to see someone so willingly endorse their abysmal way of doing things.