Music on linux

how do you listen music on linux?
spotify or is there some other alternative to that?
Do you download music or listen on stream?

Attached: k.jpg (800x350, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

realmofdarkness.net/sb/arnold/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I download it and then put into Plex and listen to it through a web browser.

I interact with the Linux kernel through the GNU userland

Spotify for streaming and Cantata for the music I have stored locally

mpd+ncmpcpp

This or cmus is the only acceptable answer
/thread

I throw everything into mpv.
I don't understand the need for a dedicated music playing application.
If you want to organize your music, just use your filesystem.

This. It's great to be able to control the music easily with multiple different devices while retaining my freedoms.

this

I just download music from YT.

I use Clementine
>tfw no foobar2k

>linux software or fart noises?

Attached: 1526886845729.png (1027x563, 571K)

I use open spotify on browser, it's more stable and fluid than the version that they have for linux

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What OP is referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

You don't want to be a nag do ya?

mplayer best_dance_mix_2005(Downloaded with YTconverter).mp3

this

I recently tried vlc+thunar but ended up back at my trusty mpd+sonata setup

it's just comfy compared to the shit playlist manager of vlc and the nonexistent one of mpv

but you are technically correct

is this a new copy pasta
have seen this couple of times already

realmofdarkness.net/sb/arnold/

>a couple times

>please disable your adblocker
fuck off

f2k doesn't provide anything new compared to clementine anyway

Emby server + KDE Connect for control, i can listen on my laptop through the browser and control it with my phone and viceversa, the server is freeBSD tho.

Only acceptable answer

>mpd+ncmpcpp

And this is the reason why linux stays under 50%

As new as you are to this place, summerfriend.

I use emms

Locally stored music + autostart clementine.
I'll try out foobar though, because it's android remote capablilities seems to be better.

bait??

mpv --shuffle *

mpd+cantata because I'm not elitist

I download music with SMLoadr then I add it to cmus
Pretty comfy

Lollypop has a nice interface. I use VLC tho.

(You)

RPi as my networked audio interface (pulseaudiopulseaudio on Linux, scream->receiver->pulseaudio on Windows, both 0ms-delay very neato)

HDD plugged in on the pi, music played by mpd, controlled remotely with ncmpcpp on linux/windows and mpdroid on phone

pretty comfy desu

Streaming is deezer. Local is mpv