That boomer that doesn't like Python because it's popular and easy to use which is unfamiliar to him

>That boomer that doesn't like Python because it's popular and easy to use which is unfamiliar to him

Attached: 1530500689620.png (380x349, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dkOZSanThGY
youtu.be/i9r_nMzdTu4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You're forgetting that you are on a board where the vast majority of programmers here have the C hacker syndrome.

> That gen Z that loves Python because types hurt their brain

Attached: d90.png (644x800, 15K)

Boomer detected

Accurate

Same fag

t. Boomer

C and standard unix tools (/bin/sh, sed, awk) are my bread and butter. Perl is shit. Python is for newbs.

>people who don't realize that python is all about its ecosystem and the fact that people have made modules to accomplish about any conceivable task with minimum time of time and effort spent, while also overcoming the drawbacks of the language, such as its speed

This

It doesn't though. You don't know anything.

JS is better for that

Reported underage faggot

>15 MB to fizz buzz
You don't know shit

Reported for announcing a report

Y-You too...

>the 40yo linux freetard that gets triggered when you mention social media

Bump

>that 50 year old millenial on disability who learns Python to make bots for his timesink browser games

>50 year old
>millennial

You don't know what a millennial is.

>that zoomer who can only poorly bruteforce his way through problems with python

Attached: 1530468228212.png (346x326, 41K)

>that 30 year old boomer who thinks python is still popular

Attached: 1530020572491.png (680x585, 245K)

>30 year old
>boomer

No.

Damn... that's me

that's the joke dumbass

>that tactile fella who feels like a l33t programmer after editing a plain text script

>that 26 year old boomer who doesn't know what a boomer is

programming languages that don't have types often bring more power to the programmer in general.

Programmers don't have to worry about converting a string to a number and more, which often allows them to focus more on what they're programming rather than converting between types and adding more bloat.

Python has great libraries like numpy, pandas and matplotlib, JS has leftpad, isarray and polyfills.

legitimate ASD?

fuck off with this forced boomer meme and spaming it

sage

Attached: forced meme.png (1920x1080, 1023K)

But Python has types. It is dynamically typed. You do have to typecast a number to string if you wish to use it like one.

This. Whats wrong with boomers

holy fuck right? I'm glad it's not just me that's tired of this forced meme bullshit.

Boomer?

C is the thing you use to write code that runs fast,Python is the thing you use to write code fast and you will need both if you're on any sort of serious work.

>dang kids these days postin all these forced memes that don't even make any damn sense... I can't follow 'em. I remember back in the old days, the GOOD old days, when memes were really creative. Back when trolling really meant something, you better believe it. The Oh See flowed like Miller Lite at the old frat house... long cat, now that's a good meme. This was back in 2005.

Attached: 1530133819399.jpg (828x594, 60K)

On modern processors it doesn't need to run 2 miliseconds faster. Besides there's way more ways to shoot you'lrself in the foot with c++

You mean processors that still have the same performance for the last 8 years or so?
There are quite plenty lot of things that require native performance and memory usage.
But again there are things you don't, code you will only run once, code that don't have loops with millions of loops per second, and that's where python comes in.

The gen z kid that uses python, and doesn't understand why his code is so slow.

Can someone suggest a book for experienced developers (I spent more than a decade doing C, assembly, C++, C# and Java professionally) to pick up Python. I also know Scheme.

Basically, I'm not interested in re-learning programming basics... I picked Effective Python because the equivalent books for C++ and Java are excellent, but I wonder if there are other ones.

I don't mind a book that will get into the language's details.

My plan is to develop a web application in Python, with some core parts in C or C++.

Attached: scull.gif (500x375, 611K)

You're comparing apples and coconuts my friend.
When you are in a loop, there is a big difference between something taking 10 microseconds and 10 milliseconds. One is a thousand times slower.

I think Python is good and I want to learn it, but many things will still have to be written in C++.

Attached: cool.png (526x352, 241K)

>i learned programming the hard way so you kids should too

Attached: 1421111840628s.jpg (125x125, 3K)

Most boomers [spoiler]including myself[/spoiler] learned it with BASIC.

boomer meme is wholesome. reminds me of a time long past

Requesting the pic of the kid holding pepe sitting on the boomer's lap

underrated

Attached: 14F366748E954F41B66F037C19978532.png (716x537, 484K)

>that boomer who has no idea that all big Jow Forums boards are already on the boomer meme
>that boomer who wastes his time cropping posts in MSPaint
>that boomer who gets triggered by silly memes but doesn't give a shit about the 20 daily apple bait threads

Are you a Xoomer, Yoomer, or Zoomer?

Attached: 1530413978251.jpg (1128x1535, 1.11M)

>That 30 year old boomer who writes entire applications as Excel VB macros.

Attached: 1510568119090.jpg (960x581, 68K)

I have the exact opposite problem with a 40-year-old boomer who won't quit using Python anywhere and everywhere.

Its implicitly, dynamicly, and strongly typed you dense motherfucker.

>That milenial that writes only throwaway code and thus likes python.

>Tensorflow with python

>Stringly typed
>Easy to use

Yeah, maybe for babby project sub 1kloc. PHP, python, ruby and perl are the prime boomer languages

I am 22 and I feel fucking old in this thread. Am I a millenial boomer yet?

>Hashmap with strings as keys

Attached: 1527977590361.jpg (613x587, 11K)

cool.jpg

>hurr durr different people are posting this meme on different boards
so when is a meme not forced by your standards? when it is posted by nobody anywhere?

it's definitely working if you get triggered by some silly boomer meme

>this 27 year old boomer who got hurt by boomer meme

Attached: 1525227914861.png (381x353, 40K)

Baby Boomers and Their Legacy of Spilled Popcorn

youtube.com/watch?v=dkOZSanThGY

What the hell is that pink toe looking thing supposed to be?

Python is hardly stringly typed.
You're thinking of yunix command shells.

>choosing Python because it's easy
most "devs" stop here

That's a good thing

>popular and easy to use
i don't think that holds for any remotely complex project done in a language without strict typing

covering license with finger instead of editing in post like a sensible nonboomer millennial
youtu.be/i9r_nMzdTu4

Attached: Screenshot 2018-07-03 13.56.02.jpg (1920x1080, 291K)

Maybe. Do you identify more with either Late Y or Early Z on here?If the former, boomer. If the latter zoomer.

Python strings are immutable

That's good, but it's orthogonal to the problem of using strings as ersatz types. Also, a string key may be reassigned, so the immutability is only skin-deep

Newfag millennial detected.

>immutability is only skin-deep
Sure, but everything in python is only skin deep, internally the language is one giant hashmap and you can do anything you want to it if you want to get yourself into trouble

Sounds about right

That clip will never get old

it just automatically detects what type you're using brainlet. you still need to convert them when using two unlike values

that said, I do prefer strongly typed stuff like C over it

C is statically typed, not strong. Languages like haskell, scala, ocaml and ada are strong static, python is strong dynamic, C is static weak and forth is dynamic weak.

Attached: kc tier man.jpg (600x683, 32K)

I never understood what can pure python be used for ?

>not posting the original

Attached: output2.webm (1280x720, 1.6M)

I like sound, man.

>BOOOOOOMER
>*YYEEAAAHHHHH*
>*PTSHHHHHHH*
>EEWWWEEEE ESSSSSSSS AYYYYYYY
Just put the captions in the webm

What is Python even used for?

I only see sysadmins use it to automate tasks.

Everything.