Does Jow Forums still use forums?

does Jow Forums still use forums?

it seems like forums don't even exist anymore because of twitter and dumb shit like that

Attached: ooo.png (300x300, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.whirlpool.net.au
bluelight.org/vb/content/
projectavalon.net/forum4/forumdisplay.php?1-Project-Avalon
diyaudio.com/forums/index.php
weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/index.php?
talk-polywell.org/bb/index.php
forum.lukesmith.xyz/index.php
deepfakes.club/forums
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Normies.

i used to be very active in quite a few, but almost all of them have died out. the only ones i know of that haven't are the car-related ones since older people are more familiar with the idea of forums given they've been around a couple decades, and you can't exactly sum up a mechanical issue with just a tweet

>Do you still use forums
>He asks on a forum

no, forums are dead to me. usernames, slow, post history. ugh.

I use them for really niche hobbies.
I'm glad the forums are getting smaller, it reminds me of the local BBS days.

An imageboard is not a forum, retard.

Reddit took the whole concept of forum circlejerking to a whole new level

Do you know what the term "forum" means friend?

Attached: happy hearts man.jpg (201x219, 11K)

this desu

Yes. They're pretty neat to discuss more niche and technical subjects these days now that all the autists and normies went to twitter and reddit.

If you want console isos/roms you will need to use forums so they are still alive in a way

I use one

Forums:
>Create a new thread about a topic
>>Mods: we have a thread about this already, use the search, closed.
>Post to an existing thread about the topic
>>Mods: necroposting is bad, closed.

The only forum I still use is XDA, because they aren't faggots and have useful info/helpful people.

/thread

Attached: brainlet.jpg (211x239, 5K)

yes, a lot of video game ones.

I tend to avoid any where you have to have an active subscription in the game to use them, because they're just full of people sucking the company's dick with no real discussion.

Attached: cat_sad_snow.gif (441x270, 442K)

God damn it this. There's needs to some kind of self-regulating forum system (not a "Social News" site). It seems like every forum with mods either already has morons in control, or will eventually acquire them.

The last few good forums died years ago or have been killed by plebbit equivalents.
>inb4 you're posting on an Mongolian karaoke fan forum

Most times mods = admins = owners = sjw landwhale/bored houswife

Tech and car forums are for boomers now.
Of both the 30 year old and 60 year old variety.

Lol just lol if u think any discussion happens here. We're just a stream of memes.

A forum and a BBS aren't the same thing.

Attached: 1522178586206.jpg (1133x809, 66K)

does Jow Forums still use gmail?

it seems like third parties have been reading your email for quite some time now. hello r e d d i t.

The one I use is older than me and still has a 5k peak.
The SJWs left for another forum in 2014 as well. Now those are arguing about if not reading homosexual fanfiction is homophobic.

It's like they're unaware programming languages, technology aren't created in a vacuum and change over time. The question posted originally, or the answer is now invalid. Maybe they should have a maximum post age, or a bump limit if they don't want necro posts.

Any kind of petty authority attracts petty authoritarians. See also: Wikipedia.

I use exactly one oldschool phpbb style forum.
the rest either died, I stopped caring about them, or the mods were cunts

daily reminder that any forum that has a rule on necroposting (and doesn't auto-lock old threads, but that's another big warning sign anyway) is fucking shit and doesn't deserve to exist

to this day, I've never gotten a good reason for anti-necro rules
if the post is on-topic, then let the discussion continue
I've literally posted a response five years after someone asked a question, and then two years later, he replied, "holy shit, thanks" since he apparently hadn't found out the answer to what he needed in seven years. Shit like that happens.

Yeah i still browse a few forums and like a alot of opinion here its all niche technical topics and an older crowd. I spend most my time online here [pic related] but ill drop a few

forums.whirlpool.net.au (australian telecom wizard insiders)
bluelight.org/vb/content/ (drugs drugs and more drugs)
projectavalon.net/forum4/forumdisplay.php?1-Project-Avalon ( conspiracies ufos and spirit science )
diyaudio.com/forums/index.php (diy speakers amps and acoustics)
weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/index.php? (extreme road bike modification / tuning)
talk-polywell.org/bb/index.php (cutting edge nuclear fusion researchers)

and a few others ;) get on my level you little ZOOMERS

Attached: serveimage (3).png (522x381, 112K)

>ugh

Fuck off to reddit faggot.

Thinking about it, I use one forum.
I used to visit a few programming forums, but StackOverflow made them obsolete for me.

yes hobby forums will always be a thing since ADHD normie social media sites are too idiotic and featureless to allow meaningful info exchange beyond transient blurbs

Test

why doesn't he just say 'the sky is blue'

gmail owns my email address so what choice do I have

use gsuite, $5/month for no snooping and complete data control according to their tos

what you mean like phpbb?
also any of you guys ever watch that bbs documentary? that shit is pure Jow Forums kino. I gotta make a thread about that one day

distro forums are very active

Actually true.

They died out with the 2000's anarchy era of the internet, at least for the newer generation. Kinda sad.

Signed up for Luke Smith's forum, it's pretty good when it's around. forum.lukesmith.xyz/index.php

>it seems like forums don't even exist anymore because of twitter and dumb shit like that
Just like blogs and RSS feeds. Fuck the centralization of the Internet; can we stop it?

>does Jow Forums still use forums?
Yep.

>that 14 year old boomer who thinks crying reddit will make him fit in

Attached: 144FB3DD9E23450CBB336CC06FC00A43.jpg (768x1024, 79K)

I still can't do anything with a @gmail address outside of using their services.

I used to be part of crysis forums. I think the devs even added heat vision to crysis 2 after I posted a request there. gone like tears in the rain.

Attached: bigly.jpg (600x954, 59K)

Like this?

Attached: 1530467504072.jpg (358x599, 103K)

Yes, I use Reddit.

Some small, more tech-focused deepfakes forum. Unfortunately it's nowadays more of a help desk than a discussion platform.

define using. i often browse forums to find solutions for problems. i also have an account in a piracy related forum so i can see the och links. i haven't actively participated in forums since the early 00s though

that you seapiss

sure I do, it's called reddit

Yeah. Especially if the forum post is a high ranked on Google. Sometimes you can quickly get in an answer for the next people to come along before the fags lock it. I've seen it a few times and I'm very thankful to the guy who posted the answer years later.

Mind linking this? I'm interested I dicking around with that tech and plebbit banned discussion of it.

>he apparently hadn't found out the answer to what he needed in seven years

Attached: download.jpg (228x221, 11K)

Here's the link: deepfakes.club/forums
Don't expect too much though.

We're on a forum, user.

>tries to be cool by irrationally hating on a resource
>uses "Reddit formatting" (which is just a nonexistent meme and applies to forums as well)

i use the watchuseek forums.

at /wt/ here and reddit, you get young people whereas the forums are older dudes and the content is different

you are on one.

because they didn't consider *blue* a separate color in ancient greece.

An imageboard is similar to a fourm but it isn't one at all.

Nekochan died

I post on a number of musician's message boards. They're still quite active for that sort of thing.

I generally don't bother with forums, the mods are typically colossal narcissistic asshats with ridiculous contradictory rules, as in >have obscure problem, only answer on an old forum
>you must have an account to view links
>your account must be manually approved by a mod
>you have a mandatory 2 week lurking period
>you must make 25 posts before links unlock
>you have received a 1 week ban for spamming
>you finally unlock links
>megaupload
>ask politely if someone can reupload
>permabanned for necroposting

I never understood why posting in old threads was looked down on. If there's an established discussion, and you have something to add, why not? The alternative is to post a new thread, and annoy the oversensitive users by duplicate posting.
If they're going to be so anal about it, why not lock all old threads? Or delete them similar to here? Really makes no sense.
Sure, there are still good forums, but few and fucking far between.

Attached: 20180703_141158.png (652x334, 15K)

theres still forums for hobbies, like the Dwarf Fortress forum, or the KSP forum, or other game related forums for nerdy shit that hasn't been infested by normies.
Learn to love rouge-like and you will never be forum-free again.

Bodybuilding forums misc and newgrounds were the top jej back in the day now I mostly go very rarely on watchuseek, candlelightforums and XDA.

I used to. I'm a member of a small organization, our main communication interface was a forum. Then everyone moved to shitbook and since I don't have that I was left out.
2 weeks ago I noticed the forum was gone.

Definitely this.

this, force yourself to enjoy stuff to arcane and inaccessible to the average normal fag.

I'm literally setting up phpbb right now

They have a false sense of importance and feel the need to intervene even when it causes problems rather than solving them. The only beneficial function of a moderator is deleting blatant spam.

this is false because truth implies it has already happened and proven

Yep. Still use various forums.

unironically this

I post on a whole bunch of active psephology forums so yes they still exist

GBAtemp
XDAdev
StackOverflow (if that counts)

What's a good alternative to IPB? I'm sick of their shit, but after nearly 20 years of running it it's hard to change.
Obligatory: must have a good migration tool available and pull all data from IPB.

There is one in Ireland that I used to use but admins are generally cancer on them .

Guys recommend any? Tried MAM forums, but those are kind of too "friendly" and politically correct, and not much room for building a tight community.

asmbb ofcourse

Yea, I use CentOS and Zabbix forum

>Reddit spacing

>forums
You mean, newsgroups?

What's a good forum software that's not bloated as fuck like discourse?

but it isn't

die retard

>brainletposting

>come to a forum
>the only active threads are some weird forum games
>thread with useful information buried under useless shit
>OP hasn't posted there for pages
>"join our facebook/discord/other shitty media"
>majority of the "final replies" are mods telling users to fuck off from posting "omg cool, but what about this completely unrelated subject?"
forums died when social media came along

animebytes

yeah now do that for Jow Forums