leta talk about hwo you dont need more than 4GB of RAM in the era of SSDs
pic related
have 100 tabs open and 12 programs running

Attached: 4gb of ram.png (813x600, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techgenix.com/Disableunnecessaryservicestoimproveworkstationsperformance/
optimizingpc.com/windows7/optimizing_windows_7_services.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What if you want to open 103 tabs and 13 programs, checkmate faggot.

You can never have too much RAM op

let's rather talk about how you don't need 100 tabs open

>he uses less than 300 tabs
what a pleb

>have 100 tabs open and 12 programs

Attached: .jpg (700x1001, 406K)

After quite a few painful years on 6 gig, I made a point of getting 16. In hindsight, I absolutely should have gone for 32, but 16 is still enough most of the time - just not always.

adhd is fake, tell your child to stop being a fag and actually focus and they will be fine, but doctors would rather prescribe pills because its good for (((them)))

why do you need 32GB of RAM, what are you doing that takes that much? Photoshop?

>Cpu graph crealy maxed out
>49% usage

Attached: hmn.png (530x325, 6K)

kek

>100 tabs open

yeah, and how many of them are actually being held in memory? If you switch between the tabs I bet the vast majority have to reload because they were dropped from RAM.

modded minecraft

Attached: DUKAyyGW0AA4X_A.jpg (960x933, 164K)

ADHD is over diagnosed because pharmaceuticals, yes. Definitely not fake though. There's only so much effort one can put into focusing, and the world isn't a nice enough place to allow you a perfect environment with no distractions.

>4.0 GB DDR3
>Speed: 1333MHz

Attached: 1516049995304.jpg (711x669, 70K)

>still runs buttery smooth
you jelly?

>still runs buttery smooth

Attached: 1516736488384.jpg (431x450, 40K)

This, shit my 10yo rig goes smoother than most shit with mechanical drive nowadays.

Attached: ramlet.jpg (743x814, 138K)

its okay user we were all young once too

smack your fucking kid and tell them to sit the fuck down and study
It's better for them vs giving them literal meth in low doses

>all these fucking DISCOS
brazils on fire

Attached: 32.gif (210x200, 24K)

You keep telling yourself whatever the fuck you need to.
I will keep enjoying my 16Gigs.

Attached: 1527965105046.png (500x545, 260K)

Are you anti-vaxxer by chance?

>equating stimulants to vaccines
promptly end your life

If you look closer, you can see that OP happened to take a screenshot just at the moment when the CPU usage temporarily dropped to 49%.

>implying
Please end your life at the next convenient point in time. Thank you for your cooperation.

Yeah, I see that single pixel drop on usage now.

but my 4GB allows me to play civ V while shitposting on Jow Forums, all with no lag
i wonder how that works i dont even have 256 GB of RAM

Try doing anything remotely productive and 16Gigs will hit it's limit really fucking fast. But keep shitposting and keep relying on the swap file killing your SSD.

Attached: 1528487260965.jpg (500x642, 138K)

>doing anything productive
yet you have said nothing of what you do with your 16GB of RAM other than shitpost on Jow Forums
my main rig has 16GB of RAM btw, its unnoticeable compared to 4GB

Oh I don't know try
>Video / Photo editing
>Video rendering
>Audio processing
>Any kind of de/compression
>Virtualisation
>CAD
>Doing anything Matlab or similar
>Large Databases
>Scientific or financial modelling
>Playing any modern games that suck RAM out of your ass
And if you will try to tell me that the performance in any of those will be similar in a 16GB+ setup vs a 4GB + swap file, then you should ALT/F4 yourself immediately.

uh, my phenom II x4 955 w/32GB system runs smooth as butter. but then again, I just use it, not keep fucking constantly installing/deleting shit,installing browser plugins on top of plugins or keep a shit load of tabs open like some people. no wonder people's computers run like shit. you fucking abuse the thing and get the registry/hdd all full of "junk" files that only slow it down and lock up windows cause hey it looks for all those loaded background services/processes that may not exist anymore due to all that said fucking around.

damn it's fucking simple. load windows, load drivers. install updates. install all programs + games you use (by use I mean constantly use, NOT use once then forget about), install any browser plugins/java and or flash updates. Then make a system recovery image so if it takes a shat you don't gotta go thru this process all over again. Then just use the system. Don't fuck with it. You installed all your applications so it should handle everything you do from the get go. Enjoy it.

>windows
>what is page file
Retard.

Actually you can try to disable some services and your OS will run at 765 MB.

SSDs are far slower than RAM.

What services user, is their a guide or should i just go one by one

enjoy destroying your ssd

>using it is destroying it
I have an intel SSD with 10000 hours on it that still works perfectly

ask me how I know that you know shit about ssds

Im aware that they have a set "wear" rate that the NAND can be written to, that's why the SSD manages it by yadda yadda yadda, however, its TERABYTES of Read/Write, more than a HDD would ever be able to, now would you complain to someone using a HDD that they are going to wear their drive out faster? maybe. but it would still be autistic

This. ADHD is, in every case I have ever seen, in reality a discipline problem. They didnt' have it in the 60's because your dad would just beat you. Then you sat down, shut up and paid attention because you didnt want another beating.

Are you retarded by chance? That is a real thing.

Take a look here techgenix.com/Disableunnecessaryservicestoimproveworkstationsperformance/ and optimizingpc.com/windows7/optimizing_windows_7_services.html Eventually you'll get the correct config for your needs.

> mother kicked me when I was already down
> repeated spankings with the belt were common because they'd continuously miss my ass and hit my leg
> ends up being a more painful spot to hit but "lol doesn't count gotta hit you again"
> continue to not pay attention despite these consequences

Shut the fuck up faggot. The reason it wasn't a thing back then is because the public can't know about something they haven't measured. In any case, my ADHD was just really a problem with authority.

>my ADHD was just really a problem with authority
I think this statement affirms my position.

Keep crying on the internet, I am sure everyone cares.

>he fell
just stand up lmao

Fatality

This, ive no doubt adhd exists but every fucking boy gets diagnosed these days because in 1st grade he won’t sit still while practicing handwriting so his parents go get him diagnosed.

tfw can watch qt girls in HD on youtube with this amount of ram

fucking normies

Attached: 2018-07-02-230157_1024x768_scrot.png (1024x768, 386K)

my dad beat me and im still autistic

bump

just fuck off with this shit thread retard

lol

lol

pretty slow tonight

>can't tell the difference between spanish and portuguese
American education, everyone.

Is this 2008?
16gb is current ram meme.

Attached: 1505329062293.png (666x593, 29K)

My phone has more RAM bro

Attached: Screenshot_2018-07-03-03-51-30-111_com.android.settings.png (1080x2160, 140K)

Its not like ram is expensive

Right?
People originally got 8/16GB of RAM because that's what was affordable at the time.
Then they saw their RAM use at 80% because OSes (especially windows, and since I'm talking about consumerist brainlets here they're mostly windows users) aggressively reserve in RAM when it's available. So with a profound misunderstanding of basic computer behavior they thought
>the majority of my RAM is getting used that must mean I got the perfect amount I'm so smart
And that's how the myth that 4GB isn't perfectly fine for general purpose was born.
VMs are an exception of course, when you're running mutiple OSes on a single machine you need more RAM, that much is obvious.

Attached: Screenshot_155.png (2435x1463, 124K)

You just posted an image showing OS writing to page file non-stop you idiot. You just waste the money that you saved by not buying RAM on SSD that will die much quicker. The difference is that with RAM, it wouldn't run like shit 24/7.

>disk: 56%

Enjoy having your SSD trashed by the pagefile

Lets talk about your drinking problem instead. We love you, user, its why we are all here. Your drinking is affecting more than just you, it's starting to affect us all. We don't want to lose you to the demon: rum. Take some time off of work to get your affairs in order, put your obligations on hold and get healthy again. If this is too much to ask, you can at least stop ignoring your spell check suggestions.

8gb 2000mhz CL9 DDR3 was exactly $87.88 when I built my PC in 2011.

Are you trying to tell me I made a grand mistake by not paying $30 less for 2gb sticks instead? I'm pretty sure the $30 spent was worth 10 years of no pagefile.

I forgot to add that if you want to play any games besides minesweeper, you need a minimum of 6gb of RAM and you are a fucking pleb for suggesting otherwise. I would take a mechanical hdd and 8gb of RAM over an SSD and 4gb of RAM any day. This postulation that storage can ever make up for RAM has got to be the dumbest thing I have read yet today. Don't forget to expand your page file, faggot.

If you're writing data mining scripts in Python, you need 32 GB for any reasonably large dataset.

So why does my phone need 4 gigs then

Attached: Screenshot_2018-07-03-07-15-15.png (1440x2560, 150K)

Same. I will say that android apps use a lot of different programming languages, so having a lot of ram aids in the translation layer between the various programming languages and the machine code.

Ive been running a 10gb page file on a 40gb SSD
Were talking over ten years and daily usage
When is it going to die guys?

4gb brigade reporting in

Attached: Screenshot_2018-07-03-08-20-35.png (1440x2560, 137K)

What's with this disparity?
Girls can be just as good in ADHD as boys!

>thread turns into a pol-psychology-and-parenting-experts discussion again

>40gb ssd
>10gb page file
What an absolute mad man!

Attached: 11174881_10153317221612059_495593832689232252_n.jpg (403x216, 14K)

Stop

Attached: 1512693879887.jpg (480x602, 77K)

>post your big pharma cocktail kgo
Effexor+LMT+Q+RTN

>tfw I fell for the 16 GiB meme

Attached: 1529918994108.jpg (601x601, 65K)

I feel you
>Got more DDR3 for older motherboard
>though it was a good cheap upgrade
>find out new motherboard don't support DDR3
>have to buy another 16GB of DDR4 if I want to upgrade my CPU

I have 64 gb of ram and I don't use any of it

you're not seriously surprised to find out that DDR3 got dropped, are you

No but that it's incompatible with DDR4 motherboards surprised me for some reason

You're an idiot.

Youtube only buffers like 200mb for video's.

There are some z170 motherboards that support DDR3, although I don't believe Kaby Lake's memory controller supports it. If you have a post Ivy Bridge unlocked cpu there isn't much point in upgrading right now anyways if you aren't running heavily threaded applications.

It buffers more than that if you are playing their "totally legit 4k" videos

steam + one waterfox tab open

i'd be using ~1.2-1.5GB on linux

Attached: reply.png (658x581, 32K)

This