Why are panels found on TVs better than monitor panels?

why are panels found on TVs better than monitor panels?
A cheap $500 IPS TV has better viewing angle than expensive 4K monitors
My VA monitor viewing angle is horrible yet a Samsung VA TV don't distort picture like my monitor

Attached: C24FG-website.jpg (1200x800, 156K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/by-usage/video-gaming
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What is dpi?

You're paying $500. If you bought a $500 monitor it would be far better than the TV.

I bought a 600 euro LG new IPS monitor and it sucks compared to my 2013 TV

Not really sure
They are finally starting to make 120hz low-latency FreeSync HDTVs though
So we will hopefully be able to just use a HDTV as monitor in the near future

Most screens are garbage either way.
See tftcentral for actual reviews (with proper measurements) and get a non-crap screen.
A non-crap screen will be IPS, wide-gamut and at least 10bit (8+frc).

Because gaymers are easier to take advantage of

TVs have dogshit response times. Monitors have low ones because it actually matters, input being slow on a TV doesn't matter that much.

Can someone explain me this viewing angle bullshit? Do you guys run marathons around your monitor while watching a movie or why do you need 360° view on your monitor?
You're sitting mostly in front of it with a pretty fixed angle. No need for that meme viewing angles.

You probably have "Dynamic Color" or saturation boost on your TV turned on and the brightness turned up to max.
Protip: more saturation isn't a "better image".

according to this thread that is not true anymore

rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/by-usage/video-gaming

aside from the fact that a non-crap screen would not be lcd, aren't these wide gamut screens real shit for gaming?

because the cfg70 is fucking shite

Think about it for a second. Where are you sitting when you use a computer? Right in front of it, why would viewing angles matter. Now a tv on the other hand is often used in a living room where multiple people watch at the same time. Viewing angles matter more because not everyone is sat centered in front of the tv.

how good is the lg ud series?

when sitting at over arms length and the top 20% of the screen is 50% darker than the bottom 20% of the screen

that is viewing angles fucking your mother in her sleep

I had that problem with my last Philips monitor, areas with different shades of grey on a white background, what a load of crap it was. Only a handful of pixels can be 100% perpendicular to your viewing angle.

what would you recommend?

VA/TN viewing angle sucks. This has been true since humanity came up with the concept of fire.

IPS monitors are the way to go if you want viewing angle or multi-monitor setup.

Because you can't look at the whole monitor dead on. With poor viewing angles the sides can suffer from colour shift. This is especially apparent with large monitors, vertical monitors, and multi-monitor setups.

tvs also have better screen uniformity and black levels