be active Jow Forums member

> be active Jow Forums member
> threads full of dumb wannabes who just wanna seem like they know shit but know fuck all
> threads full of look at my anime waifu wallpaper
> threads full of "hurr derr how do I quickly learn to code guys"
> get bored, move on to other things, forget about Jow Forums
> come back 5 years later
> same shit

Why is Jow Forums so disappointing?

Attached: 812c81fc.jpg (600x338, 26K)

why do you have high expectations for a Jow Forums board

I think my expectations are actually really low, but Jow Forums still finds a way to disappoint. You would think in 5 years something would change, but its basically the same exact shit. How is Jow Forums so stagnant?

>Go back to /f/ after years
>In essence, it's still the same
You know, sometimes things not changing is great.

Attached: 1526410229345.jpg (1280x800, 293K)

/f/ is special though....
You can spend a few weeks on /f/ and get why its special
I spent two years on Jow Forums and never figured out what made it special. Its just a den of negativity and dick measuring. Maybe i'm missing something that other people see in it?

It depends, really.
Jow Forums has a few worthwhile things to share. It communicates some worthwhile things through the veil of pissing contests. Look at dpg advertising SICP, editor wars showing people the ways of vim and emacs, OS wars giving you a range of operating systems with their pros and cons. Jow Forums is good places to get an overview of opinions, albeit not facts.
Same goes for /a/ and /co/ essentially.
/f/ is more like the /c/ and /d/ family of boards with a sharing culture, making them more benign.

Thats an interesting viewpoint. I guess I get all my information and training from places that aren't Jow Forums, but I can see how someone who hasn't grown up around tech/coding/etc would get something out of Jow Forums. Or even someone who has but is kinda lost on things. Thanks user, thats a good take I like it.

why she is so cute?

Attached: PEARL IS THE BEST.png (800x600, 572K)

exactly this, adding to this OP is a fucking elitist idiot who thinks he knows shit and is fooled by the outer regurgigated memes.
He cant seem to remove that veil. it's just a circlejerk until some guy asks actualy questions then the replies also are of the same quality.
Jow Forums and mostly Jow Forums culture is built in such a way that you have to prove you're worthy of an intelligent discussion until then everyone keeps shitposting to no end.
bring up actual points and see how quickly you get quality replies.
which brings us to the main point that OP should go back to plebbit since he lost the plot of chan and Jow Forums in the first place.

These replies and this thread are proof. You get shitposts and then you get a few well thought out replies. There have been many times I've browsed a thread on Jow Forums and came across a post that taught me something I didn't know before or seen a post so wrong I had to reply to tell them why they were so wrong which involved me opening up a dozen tabs of research into a niche topic, which again allowed me to learn new things.

Most of Jow Forums is like this. The "good" posts aren't upvoted for you, you'll have to find them yourself.

All the high quality Jow Forums regulars spend most time on Jow Forums now.

Attached: 1530144607347.jpg (1024x641, 87K)

Jow Forums has been in endless 8 arc since late 2009.

Attached: 1191544405520.jpg (1280x1703, 192K)

Have you seen the hentai comic? It's what got me watching this show in the first place since pearl was a good little girl ;)

There is very little Jow Forums or /b/ tier bullshit here, this alone makes it an ok board.

>5 years

Attached: 1232839082189.jpg (608x652, 145K)

Old posters leave out of boredom, new posters join.
New posters try to mimic older posters in order to "fit in".
Soon they become experienced posters and then they become bored as well.
Repeat ad infinitum.

Attached: Screen Shot 11-12-15 at 10.17 PM.png (306x359, 191K)

Install Gentoo.

I want to impregnate sucy

Jow Forums is one of the worse boards I've ever seen.

WHAT DID YOU EXPECT?

>be dumb attention whoring anime pedo fag (aka active gay)
>post your stupid anime in breaks between sucking cocks for free
The end.

Stop not liking anime. Anime is great. Fucking like anime

>threads full of look at my anime waifu wallpaper
And yet you posted one yourself.

>Jow Forums is one of the worse boards I've ever seen.
I see you haven't been to /mu/ in a long time or visited Jow Forums once. Others are either slow to the point of being dead or shitposting arenas with no control.

>All the high quality Jow Forums regulars spend most time on Jow Forums now.
If you consider 14 year old Christian boys the peak of this website, then sure.

>There is very little Jow Forums or /b/ tier bullshit here, this alone makes it an ok board.
You probably have words "pajeet", "paki" and other currently relevant buzzwords filtered then.

>I see you haven't been to /mu/ in a long time
Never been there, yeah.

>Jow Forums
You need to compare Jow Forums to THE worst board on this website to defend it?

>Others are either slow to the point of being dead
I like smaller boards.

>or shitposting arenas with no control.
So, like Jow Forums?

Aint you a Special little Guy.
So cute.

I'm not exactly defending Jow Forums, but consider this:
This board's moderators will from time to time delete incessant shitposting and spam. At least someone here cares to an extent.

>real IT shit
HELLO THIS IS RAJESH WELCOME TO MY JAVA TUTORIAL CHANNEL PLEASE LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE AND DO OF THE NEEDFUL

Attached: fucking boomers I did a CS degree for this shit.jpg (1500x1100, 437K)

Well i wanted to post a cool project i had that was sort of Jow Forums related but i posted it on /diy/ instead. Jow Forums has become way too fast now and is way too /v/ / Jow Forums now so i dont see a point to it

Jow Forums made me get a Chinkpad, install GNU/Linux and get a 2500K.

Lots of memes I am forgetting but which def helped me in some way.

Actually, never mind, this place is so much Reddit I kind of realized what a shithole this is.

It's simple OP, Jow Forums was shit when you were present, then it turned good when you went away, and now it's shit when you came back. You are the answer.

Attached: 1390411496022.png (449x447, 83K)