*slices your finger on case metal when it finally lets go*

*slices your finger on case metal when it finally lets go*

Heh, nothin' personnel.

Attached: 31KCH-XqE6L._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg (350x350, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3zeUBTpvpF4?t=17m14s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Molex did nothing wrong.

why has the molex connector not seen any improvement in all of it's existence? Why not a simple latch-locking mechanism instead of using frictional connections?

> Molex

Achtually, I'd like to interject. What you are refering to as Molex isAMP MATE-N-LOK 1-480424-0 Power Connector.

Attached: Molex_093_Pin_and_Socket_Power_Connectors.jpg (1280x922, 164K)

Because no computer built in the past five years uses it.

Why do you keep posting the same shitty bread every week? fuck off, faggot

Old ones didn't do that. Only the connectors on new chink power supplies made of hard plastic or with out-of-spec dimensions get stuck like that.

Attached: 1522731895192.jpg (680x510, 47K)

Never had a problem with Molex connectors.

You just have shit-tier STR and DEX if you think Molexs are problematic.

Just how?
I never had an issue with them

Why is molex still around? It's the most annoying connector type anywhere in a computer nowadays.
>if a connection is tight, damn near impossible to disconnect without pliers
>contacts randomly get pushed out of their holes
>wires getting pulled also causes contacts to come out of their holes

Molex is superior for current rating

piss poor sata connectors melt when using molex adapters

mother of god it's a 12 pinner
just cut the wires and re terminate it son you'll never get that apart

Are MOLEX connectors the dindus of the technology world?

Molex is easy to take out. It's fucking old mobo power that's impossible. That and floppy disk connectors, fuck those things.

>buying a shitty chink sheet metal case where there are sharp edges

fuck ou and your wimpy crmip connections

it's cheap

just like your mom :^)

I decided to get 7 of them and do proper cable management in my ancient soprano case.

Attached: actual_wtf.jpg (1200x1200, 118K)

ATX standard a shit

They tried to improve it, but it didn't work.

Attached: meme arrows.jpg (443x209, 115K)

Bullshit. Had this problem with practically every computer in the 90's / early 00's, even prebuilts.

Why aren't computers running off 48v yet?

Why use connectors like a filthy pleb when your could be soldering your wires in directly?

Attached: stock-photo-beautiful-woman-repair-soldering-a-printed-circuit-board-204001492-620x1004.jpg (620x1004, 101K)

Molex connectors are fine
If I ever have to put my had near a CPU heatsink I end up with tiny cuts on my hands and fingers even if I don't touch it

Attached: DeepCool-Aeolus-Big-Frost.jpg (600x600, 210K)

I know that feel bro

Attached: 20171105_090830.jpg (4032x3024, 3.19M)

literal s o y b o y thread

Aaahhh sissy.

What am I looking at, the aftermath of a short?

Ignore me I didn't see the post it was referring to.
Worries about PC at home intensify

BTX died because it was too much of a thermal band-aid on Intel's last generation Netburst chips.

It put the DIMM slots too far away from the CPU. It doesn't work with CPUs with intergrated memory controllers. Intel killed it when it didn't work with Nehalem and their Conroe/Wolfdale didn't need it.

Intel can easily pull off a new form factor these days. The mainstream platform really doesn't need half of the slots/junk on there.

If it's hard to disconnect then you know it's a good connection.

Electrical safety reasons (creates more fire and shock hazard for minor efficiency gains)

It's still used pretty commonly on fans. I put together a PC a couple of months ago that had the tempered glass meme and still used molex for the fucking fans.

My dvd drive still uses one

>Half the slots/junk
Yeah I use like 6 of the million slots on my board and 4 of them are the ram

Until OP posted this I thought it was just me, they're a bitch get to release when you dont have much room to work

hello druaga
youtu.be/3zeUBTpvpF4?t=17m14s
17:14 if this doesn't work

fans, pump, controllers, and easy conversion to all the other shit like GPU power and even CPU power.

There will be molex for legacy purposes for a long time to come, if you don't like molex, then get a modular power supply or cable mod cables.
Chances are if you hate molex so much you don't even have any molex devices in your system so it wouldn't be an issue in the first place.

Also any case worth a damn would have treated edges so you don't cut your fingers on anything.

If repairing computers is your job or you work in a server room constantly handling hardware you should have a decent pair of work gloves anyways so your hands don't get covered in dust and other shit caked in old systems.

ITT: Soiboys who should have sticked to playing with dolls because plugging and unplugging things is too hard for them

How do you even manage to open those tightly screwed onions bottles?

For past 10 years, I have been treasuring SATA connectors on PSUs, hoarding the molex-SATA adaptors.
But before I realize it, the tide in the trash I mine for parts has changed.
Now I have 10 IDE drives and have trouble powering them in my trash-NAS. PSUs only have 1-2 molex plugs and I only found mere two splitters till today.

Attached: DclU2nNU0AE1w90.jpg (793x363, 37K)

>appleshit at what it's best at

t. Someone who has never used molex connections

Stick with your dolls

>molex
what is this? 1959 again?

Attached: 280px-IBM_Electronic_Data_Processing_Machine_-_GPN-2000-001881.jpg (280x222, 15K)

I've done a lot of PC assembling and never had an issue. I even use the Molex Mini Fit Jr. (the same ones as e.g. on the 24 pin motherboard connector) at work and evem crimp all the plugs myself. Yet I cannot see all the butthurt over Molex connectors in PCs.

get out of my board you pussies
>>>/onions/