I5 8400 or r5 2400G?

which one wins overall?
> i5 has better raw CPU performance
> r5 has better graphics
> about the same price (i5 is slightly more expensive, but the ryzen needs a fast dual channel RAM to get the full graphical performance advantage)

Attached: 2400g_vs_8400.png (790x395, 317K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7bURfQh79sA
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-8400-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-2400G/3939vsm433194
youtube.com/watch?v=AUyF--fJaaM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

BUMP

Attached: 1528402941373.jpg (640x960, 75K)

The r5 is even cheaper when you factor in the motherboard, and the socket will last more.

> i5 has better raw CPU performance
no it doesn't
get the ryzen
but if you plan to use a dedicated gpu get the i5
the r5 only has half the lanes of pcie 3 16x

except it does
6c/6t > 4c/8t

ARE YOU THIS STUPID?
8400 > 2400

more simple than this can't be...

6+6=12
4+8=12
12>12
???
retard
just get the r5

bait alert

That's gotta be bait.

Attached: 14980448470530.jpg (600x644, 56K)

get intel my dear go-- guy!

sauce

ask on reddit

You should add weight 2 to the number of cores:
i5 8400:
> 2*6 + 6 = 18
ryzen 2400G:
> 2*4 + 8 = 16

nah

Attached: 2017033003564829554.jpg (700x1050, 131K)

Holy shit, Inteshill have no rest

Are you going to be using a graphics card? The 8400 outclasses every single AMD CPU ever made in gaming performance, and it has a garbage IGPU in case your GFX card dies.

The 2400G is best if you're planning on building a super cheap PC with no discrete GPU, you can actually play games on it, albeit on low to mid settings.

>x86 crap

Attached: 1530288205619.gif (640x360, 1.34M)

please suggest a real alternative
>inb4 ARM
>inb4 memePC

Power9.

>delid this
or
>poozen

>memePC
>paying this much for shit performance

as much as i like the i5
for a buget machine the ryzen is better because APU

Aslo factoring in GPU prices being up the shit

>wanting to use crappy closed architecture that's full of bugs, holes, and exploits

The only time one should choose the 2200G/2400G over an 8th gen i5 is if they aren't going to be adding a discrete GPU ever.

The 2400G starts bottlenecking if you put something better than say a GTX 1060 with it.

Now the R5 2600, that's a whole nother conversation.

Both run truxton just as well.

>overpaying for shit because of meme security

>The 8400 outclasses every single AMD CPU ever made in gaming performance
completely wrong... you're probably talking about the overclocked 8600K. The 2600X outperforms the 8400 even in games since it gets up to 4.2GHz

only legit answers here

being how expensive GPU's are. i'm not expecting a poorfag to be able to able to afford a GTX 1060
let alone a 1050ti

Then the poorfag shouldn't be buying new. Cheap optiplexes are everywhere and you can pair it with a cheap second hand card that will still blow the vega 11 out of the water.

> about the same price (i5 is slightly more expensive, but the ryzen needs a fast dual channel RAM to get the full graphical performance advantage)

Nope retard. Even with DDR4-1600 the R5 is faster. I think you just mean getting better RAM is pointless for the i5, which is true.

Exactly, an AM4 socket mobo will last longer

Stupid. That's not how that works.

OP just get the Ryzen. It has better upgrade potential- you can add a GPU whenever you want, and two years from now you can still upgrade to the newest CPU with the same socket.

Attached: bkgrnd2.gif (500x288, 384K)

Nope.
>The 2400G starts bottlenecking if you put something better than say a GTX 1060 with it.
2400G is only about 5-15% behind the 8400 bottleneck with a the GTX 1080 when you factor in the 3200MHz or better RAM you'd have with the 2400G vs the 2666 of the 8400 and you can OC the 2400G.
youtube.com/watch?v=7bURfQh79sA

Using a 2400 with the idea to add Navi or a 1160 next year is a pretty legitimate idea. You won't bottleneck it too badly. Though you should probably be on 1440p with a card as powerful as those are likely to be.

Load up the m.2 slot which also cut into the PCIE lanes and try again.

plus no spectre/meltdown
Inlets on suicide watch

What? lmao. That's with the 1080 on x8 already for the 2400G. Holy fucking shit.

There's a 0% difference at 1080p with a 1080ti between x16 and x8, let alone a 1080.
How ignorant can you be to not know that current GPUs don't come remotely close to saturating PCIe3 x16? That's like some of the most common knowledge you can possibly have with PC components.

>plus no spectre/meltdown
wait wut? I thought AMD had their own leaking problems

i5 if you want to use it with GPU, I don't know why you would waste money on a card with good integrated graphics (at the expense of the CPU) just to throw in a GPU with it
2400g is for builds where you want to save money not buying a GPU

no you should add worlds Yearly Umbrella production number
fucking brainlets

Problem solved.

If IBM shipped POWER9 and a scaled Zaius to Consumer level, I would probably buy desu. just to be a faggot about it, mostly.

Depends on your needs. If you want the strong iGPU you'll save on a dedicated one if you buy good RAM. And you can OC even the 20 € modules to 3000+.

The i5 is better, because it has six cores. I would rather get the 2600 then. Do you game? The i5 has more power and the iGPU of it will certainly suffice for desktop work, it can even decode HEVC.

Really feels like summer in here

Look it up, it was literally paid (((competitor))) propaganda overblowing vulnerabilities on an specific chipset vendor that even required root access to be exploited rather than flaws with the CPUs themselves.

Spectre Variant 1 was trivial for AMD to patch. Spectre Variant 2 was non-trivial for AMD to patch but also effectively impossible to perform successfully on AMD CPUs due to some pseudo-randomness on AMD CPUs.
Spectre Variant 3 (Meltdown) and nearly every other Spectre-related vulnerability that isn't already patched only applies to Intel.

What you're referring to is the hilariously named "Ryzenfall" and related issues by an (((israeli))) security firm and it was a load of irrelevant horse-shit. A con-job about a non-issue method of installing backdoors that required hardware-level access. AMD fixed it anyway a few days later because it was easy and it made them look good.

Attached: DaysWithoutJewishTricks.jpg (439x290, 21K)

It'd be nice if they at least sold them for Linux fags.

Huh? Does the 2200G/2400G support HEVC h.265? In ReLive as well?

As far as I know yes.

But the amd can lift more than the intel thanks so you have to lower the intel weight
>1*6+6=12
>2*4+8=16
AMD clearly wins.

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-8400-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-2400G/3939vsm433194

Intel beats amd at every price range. Don't fall for the meme, much less for the dumb rants of the legion of lame amd shills.

>userbenchmark
Why even attempt to cite something to back up what you say if it's going to be userbenchmark?
May as well post pol spam and memes. Those'd be just as substantial as fake "benchmarks". What's next? Passmark? CPU-Z?

Most hilarious thing about that result is that userbenchmark used to largely ignore any core after the 3rd one, but they updated the results and how they're "accounted" for after Intel launched 6 core mainstream parts.

cute whore

Ryzen 7

Amd is spectre vulnerable

lmao, imagine being this illusional. kys shill

Ryzen

i5
((6C * 6T) * 2.80 GHz) + 9MBCache = 109
r5
((4C * 8T) * 3.60 GHz) + 6MBCache = 121

AMD Clearly wins.

t. userbenchmark

>Baseclock
The Ryzen can be overclocked. Get the 2200G or 2600 the 2400G isnt worth it

delusional

youtube.com/watch?v=AUyF--fJaaM

Attached: wew.png (2116x1186, 1.24M)

very fair comparison. A stock 2600 with faster memory is still slower than an 8400 with even slower memory than the 2600

sure, but the 2600 is unlocked, unlike the 8400. It only loses to the 8400 at stock because it only boosts up to 3.9GHz, while the 8400 boosts to 4GHz.
Of course you can easily overclock the 2600 to 4.2GHz without any trouble, and you don't need faster RAM for that.

Attached: Average.png (1336x1998, 91K)

Attached: perfrel_1920_1080_0.png (500x970, 47K)

Attached: pcgamer.png (600x774, 164K)

Attached: perfdollar.png (500x970, 53K)

I'm seriously considering the 2400G for a HTPC build.

C'mon pajeet AMD defense force. Explain the numbers that were just posted. The 8400 ROASTS every AMD CPU while using almost half of the power WITHOUT NEEDING 3400mhz RAM OR being overclocked.

Please rationalize this for me, as a consumer that is about to pay $230 for an 8400 and a cheapo b370 mobo

You would suggest I buy a $200 2600 and a $100 mobo to get LESS performance?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

>going for whatever above 1060

only gaymer kids with daddy's money do that

>comparing first generation ryzen instead of second generation ryzen
>comparing the g series to a cpu without comparable integrated graphics
why does intel still shill here?

>but the ryzen needs a fast dual channel RAM to get the full graphical performance advantage
Even with slow ram the integrated Vega gpu is better.

>Whaaaaaaaaa but my Ryzen is unlock so it can match a locked cheap intel CPU in performance
Truly AMDshills are a sight to behold

I fell for the Ryzen meme brother, be better than me.

how is this even a fucking question?
gaming?
if you're going to have a discrete gpu go 8400
if no gpu, 2400,
if not gaming 8400
god i hate summer....

based

Now post 8400 with the iGPU retarded shill.

if you're going to be a shill then at least shill for the superior product

what dog do you have in this race? You're not a shareholder, an employee, of Intel or AMD

Why do you feel like you have a dog in this race? Did I say anything wrong about the 8400? If AMD has a CPU that's cheaper than the 8400 and outperforms it I will shill it to people who want to upgrade their PC's, that's my obligation as an anonymous person on Jow Forums. But I won't shill for an obviously inferior product.

the 8400 is a 6 thread dead end.

you people crying about cores being useful in the future should still be rocking those FX8120's, right?

9000 series is about to come out so you can stop with the "dead platform" meme. You can now buy a cpu twice for trivial gains just like ryzen

>you can easily overclock the 2600 to 4.2ghz
>easily
Sure just by adding $200 worth of better memory mobo and cooler

>FX8120
>8 ""cores"" aka 4 cores

>Buying dead end Inlet hardware
Buy for the future. You won't be able to just swap out your CPU on the Inlet platform. The 8400 is shitty 6 core meme only suitable for single core old titles and apps. A lot of newer games are making more use of more cores. You hit a CPU bottleneck on the 8400 with it maxing the cores to near 100% whereas Ryzen has CPU to spare. If you add a fast GPU later it might bottleneck due to the shit 8400.

If you mean overall I would bet on ryzen, but if you mean gayming I have no idea because I'm not a manchild.

Ryzen supports quad channel, but some cpu/chipset combinations have a bulshit limitation that turns off quad channel if you use memory that is 2fast. I have no idea why.

>buying an intel i5 NEW
What are you, a newfag? Buy a used i5 from a Dell Optiplex, probably the 990 and use that. The fuck are you doing buying a brandy new i5 for? What are you, gay?

You're the same person who'd recommend someone buy an 8120 or a 8350 5 years ago

Those 2 CPUs are beyond garbage tier right now whereas even a fucking 2600k is competitive against Ryzen right now.

Please stop advocating for inferior products. I am not a fanboy. My last graphics card was an r9 290x which is probably the best GPU of this generation considering it still trades blows with the 580 and 1060. See? I can appreciate good products, when they work well, I will shill for them. But you're asking people to buy a more expensive and marginally inferior product.

The average person on Jow Forums is a transplant from /v/ looking for PC gaming advice. They aren't gonna run cinebench for big dick points on Jow Forums