Is manjaro usable for a productive normie or is it just a meme hobbyist district...

Is manjaro usable for a productive normie or is it just a meme hobbyist district? What is the most minimal LINUX DISTRO for productive normies

Attached: 4DC41B1000000578_5905453_image_a_128_1530420569088_0.jpg (634x357, 25K)

Pick Solus for normies. All GUI based interactions, hard to screw up. Manjaro has basically screwed up everytime I have installed it within a day. Manjaro is a meme. Solus is stable and looks good.

>linux for productive normies

Attached: Pepe (2).jpg (400x388, 39K)

Kevin...

Calculate, 11 years old distro based on gentoo. No systemd.
Gentoo working ootb, also you can customize your installation media with cl tools for future or multiples installs.
Very normie friendly.
I use it and i recommend it.

lanax mint
zorin
ubuntu 16.04

I use manjaro and aside from the delayed updates MUH BLEEDING EDGE it's good.

Productive in that KDE or XFCE will solve 90% of the problems in gui menus and 10% the rest in command line which definitely worth learning about.

how many times are you gonna copypaste this thread

Manjaro is great, everything is easy and works fine.

Kevin, who is not me, would be correct! Solus is a great distro.

I thought kevin plugged Solaris

Void, maybe. Once you get some initial set up out of the way like picking a WM/DE and such, most distros should be pretty usable for a normie. I've introduced people to GNU by having them use Arch. Only downside is that they get rather attached to the AUR, and no other distro has something quite like it.

>gentoo
Are you crazy ? Yeah cause I wanna go through the gentoo nightmare of installing the highly specific yet just outdated enough to be inconvenient work software through the non package manager that gentoo has

>16.04
why this version in particular instead the latest one?

Debian GNU/Linux is probably your best bet. It has a learning curve but once you get past that it is easy sailing from there.

This fucker already made the same thread
Look at my fucking post OP

>normie OS: Debian, ubuntu.
^These are the easiest ones. As for Manjaro, it might take some time to learn if you have never used arch.

Damn, you are a retard

Attached: minimal.png (700x3000, 230K)

I'm a month in to first using Linux now and I started with Manjaro. Only place to go from here is Arch, Void, or Gentoo.

This a drug thread

What about centos or fedora?

Does sxiv display gifs?

You really can't go wrong with any of the "noob friendly" distros, honestly. You also can't really go wrong with any of the desktop environments, except GNOME. XFCE is slightly less out of the box than the others (but nonetheless very popular), and LXDE and LXQT are in sort of a weird state right now so I wouldn't use them. I personally think MATE is, for most intents and purposes, currently a better XFCE, but that's just me.

KDE is good as fuck right now--It's feature rich, modern, and has very minimal resource usage, even when compared to the "minimalist" desktop environments. I'm pretty certain Manjaro has the most recent release (5.13). Alternatively, there's KDE Neon, which has all of the most recent KDE packages built on an Ubuntu base.

Alternatively, Linux Mint is a popular choice, and I think Cinnamon is a pretty comfy, reasonably modern feeling DE as far as they go.

>crazy
>nightmare
>outdated
>inconvenient
>non package manager
Nice bait, install gentoo

Idiot which can't read