How is this allowed? Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with mozilla?

How is this allowed? Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with mozilla?
archive.li/wyMBU
archive.is/QeR1s

Attached: memory2-100759843-orig.jpg (1159x745, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcworld.com/article/3213031/computers/best-web-browsers.html
pcworld.com/article/3213031/computers/best-web-browsers.html?page=2
archive.is/QeR1s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Unused RAM is wasted RAM.

I'm not clicking those.

No, it's a sign of lazy programming. There is no point in arbitrarily having things use up more resources than is necessary for their function.

but that's not the thing these benchmarks are measuring, retard

OK, newfag, here you go:
pcworld.com/article/3213031/computers/best-web-browsers.html
pcworld.com/article/3213031/computers/best-web-browsers.html?page=2

>using firefox post 3.6

>Chrome
fuck off botnet shill

>FOSS browser sucks at memory management
>>hurr durr shill
nice logic, retard

first post best post

Does Chrome still loads every single tab at startup? Because if it does it's still shit and no ammount of unused RAM will change that.

>that 12 year old kid who makes forum posts asking why his pc is so slow

It only loads tabs when you click on them
I've noticed it sometimes even unloads tabs if you aren't on them long enough, which is sort of annoying

>How is this allowed?
Because nobody beyond the fucking autists fucking cares how much fucking memory a browser uses.

Your common or garden user barely even knows tabs exist, let alone open 20 of the fuckers.

>he has never seen a single tab use more than a GB
>he has never seen a normal user using a laptop that only has 2 GB of RAM
sure thing m8

FIREKEKS BTFO
FREETARDS BTFO

this is what happens when javascript gets into your program

When they say 20 tabs, they mean 20 tabs full of bloated JS garbage.

yes, that's the point of a benchmark, isn't it? otherwise, what's the point of, say, prime95?

>tabs full of bloated JS garbage.
aka every fucking page on the web right now

Wait, you can actually buy a laptop with only 2 GB of ram?

It's like 2001 with bloated flash applications everywhere all over again!

Except it's ad campaign + their JS library and a fidelisation campaign + js library and a click tracker + another click tracker + a 3rd click tracker because the current webmaster forgot the other 2 were there + a google analytics because the CEO wanted google analytics and never looked at it + a rendering library for the side bar + a rendering library for the main page because both parts of the page where written by different teams.

>As with last time, Edge’s numbers were problematic as the PC froze during the test, and we couldn’t capture a task manager screen shot as swiftly as with the others, thus manually jotted down the numbers instead.
How is this allowed? Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with Microsoft?

>giving a shit about software that runs on windows

Then you shouldn't give a shit about any of those browsers.

If only it had proper websocket support

I run firefox and chromium on linux. both browsers share most of the codebase with their windows versions...
if firefox manages memory this bad on windows, it'll be more or less the same on linux, and I and many other users actually notice this, so, yeah, it matters to me and most users also

does chrome have noscript/ublock/umatrix yet?

I'm getting fucking sick and tired of firefox bullshit

Then you'd also notice how slowly Chrome loads those 20 tabs as a trade-off to the low RAM/CPU usage. At least that's what happened in the test.
>Chrome was the best performer in terms of CPU usage by a mile. The one downside is that all 20 tabs loaded incredibly slowly—far slower than any other browser.

Most of Firefox's memory usage comes from memory leaks so the RAM isn't actually being used

>There is no point in arbitrarily having things use up more resources than is necessary for their function.
higher performance cannot be such point?

>opera is consuming twice as much as chrome
wtf. Isn't Opera just chromium with a custom skin?

based

yes but
Chrome conserves memory by understanding most people don't need 20 fucking tabs of information open at once, so it doesn't actually keep them around.

>mozilla
>high performance
inb4 "werks on my machine"

ah, thanks. So it's a trade off

is this with or without adblocking?

archive.is/QeR1s
>During the tests there are no extensions running, account sign-ups, or deliberate tinkering with settings: Just raw browser action.

I know you're probably trolling and fishing for (You)s, but some /v/tards will actually believe you. That only applies on systems where you have extremely aggressive memory management, like Android. On Windows, Linux, OSX, using all the memory available will slow down your computer to a crawl because the system won't be actively cleaning up processes when they're not being used. On top of that, instead of straight up killing processes, they'll start caching it to your disk, which is at least 10 times slower than RAM, in the best case scenario.

I don't even understand the logic behind this shit. I don't think browsers should load a tab on any form until you actually click on it. If you have 20 tabs you are most likely using like 15 of them as bookmarks so why load them? The only ram that should be consumed when you launch the browser should be on the last tab you used last time which should be the first to be shown when you reopen the program.

7 tabs open on two different windows
Why are you people still using shit browsers anyway?

Attached: goat.png (627x366, 34K)

what cpu are they usign to get an 86% usage with 20 tabs open

Attached: cpu2-100759844-orig.jpg (1159x745, 45K)

Why do you want to do 2 actions, before a tab loads? If you specifically tell your browser to open a tab, it should open and load that tab.

the page might not exist when you click on the tab if you don't load the fist time

that's a blatant lie
I've got barely 10 tabs open and a few extensions, chrome 67 is using almost 1.5GB

whatever 1.4GHz stuff macbook air has

why isn't he using safari then

That's not true. It's what happens when you use bloated frameworks like angular or react.

No, it is true, since browsers lean on their JS interpreters for a lot of their internal stuff, like drawing UI. Because modern-day devs who partake in a certain type of legume think "Oh, that's quick and easy! Writing native code is a pain!" Firefox of course makes native code more of a pain, first with C++ and then with Rust, so you get everything running in one enormous JS interpreter. That's heavyweight when the browser is sitting there doing nothing, before web pages load and dump in garbage like angular and react. It's the presence of the JS interpreter at all that makes the thing bloated. Its impossible to write a lightweight JS interpreter.

This benchmark doesn't measure anything useful. You might as well compare browsers by the size of their version number.
Does the browser's RAM usage affect system latency when OS resources are tight, or does it accordingly adjust the footprint?
What's the curve of RAM usage and system latency as you open N tabs towards infinity?
I'm guessing the difference in responsiveness between today's browsers isn't that significant overall.

Chrome now has aggressive memory management because normies made fun of it without understanding anything, which now causes a shit tier browsing experience.

t. ramlet

Attached: 3D53FB4DFFCB44C78B5C471E0E59BE21.jpg (540x399, 54K)