TV thread

T'v's bummed out. I'm planing to repair it but maybe Think i should move on.
Havn't bought a tv in possibly 15 years so I don't know what's up.

Is 4k a meme when it comes to tv? what can i expect hooking up my cheap 1060 3gb to it? I can down size resolution right?

But really i'm wondering if you guys have any tips on what brands to avoid and what's my best bet. I'm a pretty budget person and I've seen some big tv's from hisense for a really attractive price. Like literally half the price of more reknown brands.

Attached: pantalla-sony-smart-tv-60-pulgadas-4k-uhd-motion-flow-xr240-D_NQ_NP_967047-MLM26437393000_112017-F.j (640x427, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/by-usage/video-gaming
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hisense are okay.

This i bought the hisense n7 i think wether or not i got a good deal i fuckin love it great for youtube and shit

and i dont think you can even buy a decent qualitity non 4k monitor so its irrelevant

I wouldn't game on a TV unless you really like to have 100+ ms of input latency. Use for content consumption- TV, movies, YouTube and you'll be happy.

Go to rtings.com. They usually do decent reviews. They really like the TCL 6 series but I've heard the quality on those is poor.

>I wouldn't game on a TV unless you really like to have 100+ ms
My ping is already 100+ms and I've been managing online games. I think i'm too retarded to notice the difference.
>Hisense are okay.
This is what I've been reading online. Apparently they're really good and for their price it feels like a no brainer.

I'm going for a 55 inch as they say that's the best to go for.

Post the model and price

> hurrdurr ping is the same thing as input latency
You are retarded but you'd notice input latency right away, sorry. If you think a HDTV makes a good gaming monitor for anything other than console, you're an idiot.

HISENSE 55IN(139CM) SMART UHD LED TV 55N3000
basically $582
or
Hisense 50N3000UW N3 UHD - 50" LED TV
basically $422

>If you think a HDTV makes a good gaming monitor for anything other than console, you're an idiot.
>latency isn't the same as latency
Yeah i've heard the story but you should see how far tv's have come with their gaming modes and 10ms input.
I just game for comfort. I've got a monitor but i'm a casual not and autist and enjoy hooking up my tv to the pc for a comfy drink on the couch.

Get a 55 in TCL 6 series

I will shill used Kuros in every TV thread I see. Late Panasonic plasmas like the VT60 are also great.

Attached: Pioneer-KURO-PDP-428XD-Plasma .jpg (400x274, 18K)

Sony's are really good. i'm impressed with their quality especially at the higher end of the price bracket; comparing to LG, Samsung etc.

I personally had a TCL 6 series for a little bit, before I replaced it with my Sony OLED, and I think that's truly your best option unless you want to spend more than ~$1000.

>Source: I work with TV's and home theater equipment everyday.

Yo Bois 10 years old Toshiba tv here looking to upgrade it for living room any reccmondation?
Something like 4k HDTV under700$ 55inch
Thanks

Is your TV GPL compliant Jow Forums? How about LGPL? BSD? FOR SHAME

Attached: IMG_20180703_101206.jpg (4096x2304, 1.59M)

TCL 49S405 49 in 4K fr $300 is fairly decent for its price

I have a Sony TV (X49E720)

Its pretty great, tho there are some backlight bleed if the brighntess at the max.

Attached: IMG_20180628_132247.jpg (3968x2976, 2.85M)

>Get a 55 in TCL 6 series
Checked it out. Looks good but it double to triple price in my country for some reason
Don't those devour electricity?
I'm looking to cheap out
There are hisense in that price range

This isn't true anymore. Even the shitty tcl tvs are 10 ms input lag on 1080p and 30ms input lag on 4k. Games that run at 60fps on console are going to show you a new frame every 16.6666… ms. If the screen refreshes slower than the input lag window it's not going to be perceptible.

What's the point of the kuros now that oled is at an affordable price?

>affordable
About as affordable as a Mitsubishi 56" projection was back in the 90s, as in not

Got mine for a grand. That doesn't sound too unreasonable to me.

>paying a grand for a tv

Attached: 30letni_wybuchowiec.jpg (376x349, 32K)

Between 300-500W. Quick Google shows a modern Sony or LG OLED will use a bit less.

OLED will more than likely surpass the high-end plasmas in terms of color accuracy and black depth, but it's not there yet. Also a used 60 inch Kuro or late Panasonic is cheap as hell, got mine for $400.

You can upscale but it will look blurry. Not recommending it. You will want a 480 8 GB at least. I've had the 3 GB 1060 and a 780 Ti on 4K, you don't want to suffer this hard. It won't even let you run maxed textures.

Samsung seem to be the best for gaming, because of low input lag. Do you plan to game on it? For AAA titles you need a 1080 Ti, for older ones you might use your 1060 or upgrade to a 480. I often encountered microshuttering with the 3 GB card.
It was measured, I think it was 30 ms on a Samsung. Its not much more than a regular monitor.

This is my Samsung KU 50", cost around 700 €, I think they are cheaper now.

Attached: DSC_0087.jpg (3840x2160, 3.3M)

rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/by-usage/video-gaming

I don't intend to game at 4k. Just wanna use the screen for 1080 gaming cause its bigger than my monitor and more comfortable with my controller

Sony, Samsung, LG are ok.
Don't get oled.
If you're planning on watching streamed content on it, test how it handles processing video via wired ethernet connection.
Otherwise you need a capable htpc.
Test everything you are interested in: how it reads files, how it recognises subtitles for movies, how well it connects to a wifi network etc.
If you don't test it, you're gonna regret it.

I don't care for smart TVs. I've had one for 5 years now and never used it

Samsung mu7005 is a strong consideration

>If you think a HDTV makes a good gaming monitor for anything other than console, you're an idiot.
what is the difference between casual pc gaming and console gaming?

Depends on how much you want to spend.
OLED is fantastic if you can afford it, but even the cheapest TVs have good image quality these days.
The only thing the cheap TVs don't have a lot of is features.

Terrible timing for buying a TV because of the ongoing format war between hdr10+ and Dolby vision.

Been gayming on 1080p tv for years and see no prob with it

is there even an ips without bleed?

Only 8 and 9 generation. Others are Bad. Owner of 4280XD, 5090, and 4290.

>quality on those is poor

TCLs local dimming also sucks, it does well on a spec sheet but looks like someone shining a flashlight behind the screen.

Sony does it nicely on the 900/930/940 but don't think they are in OPs price range.