Xbps

Yaourt

your dad

Fedex tends to be pretty good

urmum

flatpak

apt

Guix

Attached: 1509315630754.png (548x476, 176K)

what is flatpak's deal? Seems like a flavour of the month, like snap or docker.

Its partly a meme post but i like the premise of not being dependent on the correct packages to run an app, i hate having dependency breaks

Unmantained and insecure

This for system
This for apps

Windows cracked games packaged with wine. All of this runs in a sandbox

Attached: 1509800283946.jpg (1296x730, 236K)

pkg in FreeBSD

SCCM 2012

what is this

chocolatey

there are people other than pathetic """winops""" actually use this?

No

Portage

/Thread

>python
>slow as hell
portage is absolute trash tier

not even the best aur helper

Pacman is pretty comfy but Arch a shit

and why is it aura?

I like it but the separation is fucking retarded.

FedEx

So far it's pacman in my experience.

I've failed installing Gentoo three times because of portage breaking over Python version differences. Even the forums tell you to reinstall if portage breaks.

I was shitposting. It can be useful for scripting deployments, but it's not a fantastic pm by any means.

My true favorites are apt for OS packages and nuget for libraries. Pip is also pretty good when you don't have to fuck around with virtualenvs too much.
It's a shame most languages have shit pm.

ya, this

There is literally nothing wrong with Pacman.

Oh, if it's language package managers, then it's quicklisp.

Did you ever consider that maybe, MAYBE it's slow since it compiles everything by default?
Also being written in Python helps modding it.

Except randomly breaking your ability to start X.

Nix.

Alpine Linux's APK

portage

TXT file with installed programs.

apt

Werks on my machine

Yum

Said no one ever at work. Fuck RHEL.

dms

aptitude, every other package manager is for retards

apt

I was legitimately excited for OneGet. Keyword was. I still would be if they actually had plans to push it harder and impliment basic shit like updating packages.

But in concept, it was a good idea that solves the problem the OP is having, deciding on a package manager. OneGet is a package manager manager or a multi-manager interface.
This allows people to make their own package managers but lets users/developers use the same interface/wrapper. Adding a new package management system would be as easy as specifying a repo in a typical system, and you don't have to learn any new commands/syntax.

This just seems good for everyone involved and I don't know why they don't support it better.
Repo maintainers wouldn't have to deal with shit like Python specific libs, users could just use OneGet which in turn would use pip. Or maybe you like pkg-src, you could still use it with other package managers, chocolatey, etc.

A good idea wasted.

Arch IS pacman desu

pacman

rpm, alternatively with zypp/yast as a front-end

Their build system has grown into something of it's own. As a FreeBSD-ports user, I really appreciate ABS/makepkg. I wish all distributions shipped with a means to have binary OR source builds so you can just use which you preffer. It's not like it requires that much more support, you have to make a robust build system anyway if you're distributing binaries.

apt-get

Nix/Guix, at least in theory. In practice they can be pretty painful to use.

On Windows I prefer scoop.sh

Your mom

Where can I get those?

I strongly recommend checking out at least one of these. Nix, at least, is a pretty incredible tool (I haven't used Guix). The biggest problem, in my opinion, is the learning curve, coupled with less than excellent documentation. The PhD thesis for Nix (The Purely Functional Software Deployment Model) might actually be a good place to start, coupled with the official documentation.

slackpkg

pip

Attached: downloadb8c8daeb__2fstorage_2femulated_2f0_2fSnapseed_2f1509800283946-01.png (1149x720, 1.27M)

vcpkg, nuget.

Nix is love, nix is life.

>OneGet
is this cross-platform?

i just dont understand why pip on debian requires so many dependencies

>is this cross-platform?
I haven't experimented with it outside of Windows but at least in theory it could be. It's written in C# and open source. I wonder what, if anything would need to be changed outside of trivial shit like paths, if that.
github.com/OneGet/oneget/
It really is just a standard interface to other package managers which would already be ported or native to your system.

should have probably attached their images

Attached: OneGetArchitecture[1].png (1313x589, 61K)

Yum

Pacman

But I actually like yum :(

rpm/dnf

PKGMGR.EXE.

Your mom's pussy

/usr/bin/xbps-alternatives
/usr/bin/xbps-checkvers
/usr/bin/xbps-create
/usr/bin/xbps-dgraph
/usr/bin/xbps-fbulk
/usr/bin/xbps-install
/usr/bin/xbps-pkgdb
/usr/bin/xbps-query
/usr/bin/xbps-reconfigure
/usr/bin/xbps-remove
/usr/bin/xbps-rindex
/usr/bin/xbps-uchroot
/usr/bin/xbps-uhelper
/usr/bin/xbps-uunshare

?

Your brother in law

DNF

apt was designed by people who hated humans.

I, too, enjoy making nonsensical statements out of misplaced loyalty to a brand.

pacman just werks

>I've failed installing Gentoo three times because of portage breaking over Python version differences. Even the forums tell you to reinstall if portage breaks.
How in the world did you manage to do that? Portage has always been bullet proof and has only gotten better over the years. I installed that shit when I was like 9.

trizen

aurman > trizen

What advantage does it give me over using xbps exclusively?

thepiratebay has some
There is something possibly legal on winepak

>le 95% premium face

Why tho?

came to say this

cower*

Yes there is.
It doesn't handle AUR.

Copying binaries to /opt/ is the best package manager

Whichever one your distro comes with because that's the one that works

msi :*)