"""Universal Serial Bus"""

"""Universal Serial Bus"""

Attached: usb.png (1099x808, 92K)

The communication protocol is standard not the hardware retard

if it fits, it should work, unlike 9/25pin dsubs

It's univeral because every plug can be connect to another plug.

""""happiness is just around the corner, just buy the latest tech""""

>USB 1.0
>USB 1.1
>USB 2.0
>USB 3.0
>USB 3.1 (retroactively Gen 1)
>USB 3.1 Gen 2
>USB 3.2

JUST FUCK MY NAMING SCHEME UP

>>USB 3.0
>>USB 3.1 (retroactively Gen 1)
>>USB 3.1 Gen 2
>>USB 3.2
you forgot 3.0 is actually 3.1. i dont get why they did this

It's called universal because none of the standards are peripheral-specific. In other words, it avoids there being a "Keyboard port" like PS/2 or some other old standard. With all the peripherals that exist, it would be silly to have to have a dedicated port for each kind, which is why USB was invented.
They teach you this kinda shit in high school. Proof that everyone else in this thread is underage and needs to read rule 2

USB 3 a shit, it interferes with bluetooth HARD. It also interferes with wifi, but it's barely noticable.
USB 1 + 2 perfect. No issues with incompatibilies. "It just works".
USB 3 a complete and utter shit. Some xHCI implementations can't handle USB 2 devices and some EHCI implementations cannot handle USB 3. Total trainwreck with still slow speeds and laughable power delivery capabilities.
USB-C = ???, probably shit as well but at least it delivers power

Attached: 1509027227671.jpg (1429x1377, 172K)

Wasn't it something like Usb3 was 3.6gbps then 3.1 was a firmware update that allowed 5gbps and they decided that was enough for a name change. 3.1gen2 comes along and fucks it all up.
Is 3.2 the coming 20gbps standard? Chasing thunderbolt speeds and displayport/charging has made a shit show of Usb3.

>you forgot 3.0 is actually 3.1. i dont get why they did this
too many mobo vendors had a ton of 3.0/5Gbps inventory sitting around when 3.1/10Gbps starting getting a lot of press, so the consortium let them do a coordinated jew maneuver to make their stuff seem less old and busted.

While true, computers always have been a proprietary shitfest and this is still better than the firewire/thunderbold table (every field being "deprecated") or the parallel/serial port table (every port being "maybe/pray the driver works after a restart").

>it avoids there being a "Keyboard port" like PS/2
Yeah, instead it solves it with a "keyboard class"
USB is an overengineered joke like every other modern piece of shit they put on computers these days like ACPI, PCI, (U)EFI, etc.

Just fucking nuke it all.

USB C is a fucking port you idiot

I don't give a shit, it must work.

It does.

tfw Mini-B is the best connector
sad days

The Z97 chipset removed a proper USB1 implementation. Low-speed devices work, but full speed (12mbps) bitch or refuse.
I ended up instaling an old PCI USB controller card to use my old scanner.

>20gbps
>ports on back of computer still throttle to 2.0 speeds if any 2.0 device (all keyboards, mice etc) are connected

why do they bother

that is angering me

Attached: Schwimmende_Fischstaebchen.gif (161x153, 265K)

USB is by far the least shitty way to connect peripherals, serial and parallel were absolute shitshows with driver support being "maybe?" t. 30 year old boomer

God help you if you find a male to male power cord

No reason for anything but Type-C to exist anymore.

USB 1.0-2.0 work fine were pretty much "unversial"

USB 3.0 and 3.1 is where things went to shit because of Apple's marketing shenanigans. They wanted to do own version of USB 3.1 for their Powerbooks before the spec was finalized. Intel also wanted to move away from USB with Thunderbolt. It is no surprise that USB 3.1 spec is a complete mess of conflicting "standards" between vendors.

USB is pretty universal, OP. Nobody uses any of that other weird garbage.

Keyboard class is just to tell the device it's connected to load up universal keyboard drivers you fuck.

Works fine for me. Maybe you're just really bad at using computers?

Yeah, works fine until you have to program it.

You're point? How is that any better than having a simple fucking keyboard port?
Keep in mind the complexities of USB and all the different standards.

It's not specific port for keyboard, keyboard class is on the USB device not the USB port you fuck nugget.

isnt rule 2 dont talk about /b/? or do you mean global rule 2
>usb 3 interferes with bluetooth and wifi
how is that possible?

Why isnt everything type c?

The difference being having keyboard class in the controller rather than having a fucking port for every little device and changing the motherboard when one of the fucking pin in the ps2 port breaks.

Attached: Untitled_1.png (712x856, 81K)

>sudden realization
>you can actually connect micro usb to an external hard drive

Attached: 1480250194685.jpg (4030x4096, 1.15M)

>"""Universal Serial Bus"""
That's indeed what the protocol is called.

RFI is hardly new. It is no surprise that ultra-high bandwidth connections would cause issues.

COM ports were really universal

mada mada

Attached: usb connectors.jpg (1484x869, 171K)