Eu is back at it again with the blue flag

Article 13:

torrentfreak.com/article-13-lobbying-efforts-clash-before-crucial-copyright-filters-vote-180703/

In short:

>Article 13 would force sites and online platforms to use automatic tracking technology to detect when users uploaded content to make sure they weren’t sharing copyrighted material.

What could we do and what do you think about it?

2 days left...

Attached: TheEUparliamentIsFullOfElderlyAlzheimerMEPs.png (801x451, 405K)

Other urls found in this thread:

saveyourinternet.eu/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>EU in charge of freedom

I think it's funny.
When you realise why it's in there you will find it more funny- EU legislators receive nothing but waves and waves of corporate propaganda from lobbyists, and so this article exists purely because the media industry wanted it. They spent millions 'educating' policymakers about the damages of piracy how it's raping children etc.

you could probably send the UNs lawyers a few post-cards and it would clog up their legal system

How does this even help? Like we bloody have the internet to share ideas, refurbish them, polish them and make them bigger and better! Severing that chain is so fucking retarded how do they even come up with this kind of shitshow

Phat, phat stacks of cash combined with a lawmaking body that does not understand what they're governing. If you're in the EU write to every politician you can about this. Tell them that the citizens do not want it. Some might even listen. This will spread worldwide if it passes in Europe.

Please, take some time to go through this:
saveyourinternet.eu/

oh noes

Why would you oppose a copyright law, unless you're a Google and facebook shill?

This regulation is made for big whales, not for ordinary sites

>This regulation is made for big whales, not for ordinary sites
it's the exact opposite, you cuck.
google, amazon etc. have the massive computing power to analyze every fart a user uploads. if some dev like me wants to host a comment area under the release notes of his app, well, what is that dev to do? review every comment before allowing it to be posted by copy and pasting it into google, bing and duckduckgo in the hopes that these search engines did not miss the original author of the comment? write a revolutionary AI before googlel as a side project that automatically analyzes the comment section? that doesn't work.
so in the end everybody except the big corpos are fucked.

Attached: 1511295080816.jpg (495x362, 19K)

Bacause a machine is not able to distinguish between copyright violation, like uploding contents straight from the source, to parodies or fair use. If the machine sees a pattern, that's copyright infringment sholomo

Shit like this is why in 30 years half the Internet traffic is going to be mixing networks. It's a matter of time now before someone develops a user-friendly anonymous pirate thing with no reliance on clearnet.

It's funny to see the EU frog being boiled.

Good, people should pay for the works.
Who do you think you are China?

>can't even stop piracy
>let's enforce copyright
Yeah, about that...

By calling sharing, or unauthorized copying "piracy" you're taking part of the propaganda.

Oh noes the internet is finished and bankrupt.

Attached: 1479859651675.png (415x423, 134K)

Nope, if you read the text of this directive, it specifically says it only applies to large online content services, it will not apply to every lil site. Otherwise it would be unenforceable.
And it only applies to content that has been copyrighted and for which there can be a licensing procedure. You can still host that kind of copyrighted content if you enter a licensing contract with the copyright owner. This shit will only apply to songs, movies, works of art uploaded on huge content hosting sites. Also, bear in mind this is just a directive, which means every country in the EU will decide how to implement it, there won't be any specific details, just general principles.

Well, I'm so sad this means Google and Facebook will have to hire more curators.

ok, kid

"large" and "lil" lie in the eye of the beholder, cuck

DAMN, EU

fuck off eu reddit shill

for you

When corporations are involved, government will not stand aside its citizens. That's capitalism for you

>yes master take my rights away, I'm fat and retarded
no you fuck off, retarded reddit mentioning piece of shit

>gets angry when anons call reddit shit
you might as well go back

Nobody will make rules for implementation which cannot be practically enforced.

Are you really that dense and naive?

>hurr goba goba gobbelslurp
ok kid

There are already a bunch of those you fucking idiot.

>Does absoltely NOTHING to movie sharing types who encrypt anyway.

This is Orwellian plain and simple.

This, all they have to do is tell a dumbass Judge, this nigga has MILLIONS of bytes on his website, MILLIONS!

Plenty of those as it is. And it doesn't matter if it's enforced or not as a whole because it can be abused in select cases. Like taking down any site government disagrees with but doesn't have a legal basis to do anything about.

>>hurr goba goba gobbelslurp
>google doesn't translate
are you really that dense and naive?

>muh google trans movement
pls go

Attached: 1530647371533.jpg (800x600, 109K)

Wait, I thought that sharing shit on the internet was already illegal?
How is this different?

Will just use VPN for my connection to come out somewhere in the free world like Russia or China.

Before
>upload copyrighted content on youtube
>get you video taken down
After
>upload copyrighted content on youtube
>pay fine or go to jail
You know how reliable youtube's detection algorithms are and they and everyone else will use the same shit if this passes

Such as?

It's companies that will be watching their own platform, you dimwit. Not any government, the gubbermint couldn't give a shit about your shitty vids you upload on youtube. They don't have the staff to do such a thing and it's completely irrelevant to what they're doing.

Are you really that uninformed?

Any examples? And how will they do that? How will they take out a site that does not fit the description of this directive?

seriously, fuck off and die.

I would strangle you to death if I could.

You are threatening my (and not only mine) bread and butter for shits and giggles.

babelfish XD

>It's companies that will be watching their own platform, you dimwit. Not any government, the gubbermint couldn't give a shit about your shitty vids you upload on youtube. They don't have the staff to do such a thing and it's completely irrelevant to what they're doing.

Enter AI. Take your fucking red pill you big baby.

Good argument there, bigboi.

Good, Schlomo.

>governments will build AIs to check what you're uploading on youtube and such
>mfw

Attached: whoatherebuddy.jpg (427x492, 40K)

>Article 13 would force sites and online platforms to use automatic tracking technology
And that's a no

Attached: article 13.jpg (852x504, 106K)

Publishers and other legacy entertainment media companies are oldschool parasitic middlemen.
Google and facebook are newschool parasitic middlemen.
Shit like the gdpr kills Google and faceberg, and not sucking cock kills legacy jewish media, because they're dying already.

Companies will just move their servers out of and possibly stop serving traffic to EU nations. Most major tech companies are based in either America or east-Asian nations like Korea and Japan, so most of their servers are based in those locations

What is "the blue flag"?

You mean companies like Gewgle and Faceberg? Can't wait to see that. :)

That was the point of this piece of regulation. Basically one giant gtfo of Europe, you data merchants.

>would force

GOOD
LUCK
ENFORCING
IT

>Basically one giant gtfo of Europe, you data merchants.
Imagine actually believing this was the reason

They really think they can detect all of that shit uploaded instantly when so many p2p things exist? Good luck

No, the real reason is the Rothschilds and the Bilderbergs and Soros ordered the EU to make this law.

They also got a call they couldn't reject.

Attached: 1530569053978.jpg (495x528, 75K)