Is C a back-end web dev language?

Is C a back-end web dev language?

Attached: 36275787_1994304057270466_7952420050655248384_n.jpg (500x522, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

learnbchs.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=8GwVBpTgR2c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

web technology is dead. all that's left to do is zombie cleanup.

No it's frontend only

This. C is frontend only. If you didn't know that, then pls neck yourself. Thank you, OP.

But how is it frontend

How is it not frontend? What the fuck man. Do you even know C?

Attached: good.png (1066x600, 276K)

more like dead-end

Attached: golden lel.jpg (1111x597, 379K)

Im gonna cum on your face if you don't explain to me why

I was going to make a joke about middle-end, but then I realised that significant portions of the network stacks involved in transmitting requests to and from your web server are probably implemented in C.

So yes, it's unironically a middle-end language.

yes learnbchs.org

Damn that is actually sexy as fuck.

The combination of BSD, most known for its security focus and C as implementation language is pretty funny to me

meant to reply to

the creator takes it very seriously, I want to look at it in details because he was solving some issues with sqlite need for too much pledge privileges and both pledge and sqlite are points of my interest

Because C is unsafe as fucking the poster's mom pussy that is std ridden and filled with shit.

"Front-end" in wed dev terms means in-the-browser. The web browser is equipped to process html, css, and javascript files to display information. C is not any of these.

How does C's security compare to PHP's security?

It can be backend and it can just about be frontend via WebAssembly. It should be neither.

That's my point

PHP inherits all of Cs security vulnerabilities before adding a generous helping of absolutely retarded unneeded vulnerabilities. At least Cs vulnerabilities make sense

Can C edit the DOM or output to the webpage similarly to PHP?

Like if I printf("Suck my cock nigger");, will it display to the page?

I've programmed in PHP but only for a while and never got really technical with it. But at least PHP have some protections against some security threats and probably even more so than I've looked and since I've programmed in PHP. In C, this is pretty much non-existent.

PHP is just a retarded wrapper around C

What extent can you safely program in PHP besides sanitizing inputs?

Sorry, I can't answer this. Like I've said, I haven't programmed in PHP in a few years and when I did, I didn't learn much.

That literally depends on your web server. I have never looked into it but I'm 99% sure there's a relatively simple way to make Apache work with C.

In the end they're all just printing to stdout, there's no fundamental difference between compiling C then running the binary and running "php myprogram.php".

doesn't anyone here know about cgi?
its a binary made in c that generates the html...

If you mean "Can see edit an html template and send it to the frontend like php does" then yeah probably. Thats not "front-end", nor is it "editing the dom". though thats server side rendering.

C is only front end like video game

> its a binary made in c that generates the html...
I thought it was an apache feature that ran binaries (in any language, including e.g. Perl interpreters)

Like I think fortnite is made in c++ which is the full paid version of c

There's some niche backend use of C
learnbchs.org/
But see

It's not just c, most people use perl with cgi

you hopeless fags will get made into chicken nuggets come ww3

LOL 2 time champ will be an easy 3peat

Would it be more beneficial to invest time into mastering PHP/Perl than it would be to jerk myself off into trying to get CGI to work?

Input sanitizing isn't easy. Even if you use all the tricks in php.
youtube.com/watch?v=8GwVBpTgR2c
But in fairness much of that is the nature of the web.

Mastering perl comes with a lot of social implications, be sure you're ready to be the perl guy

Yes honestly.
Everyone is pulling your leg. Getting a job as a C web programmer is not gonna be easy.

tip top kek

cgi is interface between server and program

Its a standard, not only for Apache.
Yes I know it can be any binary or script, I said C because its what the thread is about.

C# for frontend when?
>inb4 c# to js transpiler

Everything is a back-end language with CGI.

It's a driver/kernel language. JSON support not even built in. If you want a compiled backbend language use Go.

>inb4 c# to js transpiler
Actually exists.

C is not a language designed for the purpose of web development, nor is it well-suited for it. C is a systems programming language. Most low level software libraries are written in C, or expose a C API. Popular web servers (Apache, Ngnix) are written in C, however most web applications using these servers use a scripting language.

>what is ASP.net
I feel like ASP.net's problem is that people don't really know about it or think it's crap because >microsoft

It could be if you were to dig into web sockets and build everything from scratch.

Web crawler and its update director is written in C. That would be back end.

Attached: Clipboard01.png (95x75, 1K)

Only if you're a masochist.

>Most low level software libraries are written in C
How can a low-level library can be written in a high-level language?

>Is C a back-end web dev language?
Yes, if you use with something like FastCGI.

>How can a low-level library can be written in a high-level language?
The same way you can write device drivers in userspace.

C is compiled. Just compile it for the web, nigger. Stop spreading lies.

I'll never get it. They advertise their stack, which has httpd as webserver.
Their website is running on apache though.
Why aren't they using their own tools for their website?

BCHS stack is separate one-man project
? and both learnbchs.org and openbsd.org run on openbsd+httpd, where did you get the apache info?

Wasm you fool

C can take your webpage and then xor it with 547.

>what is cgi

An add-on named wappalyzer, guess it's not 100% reliable.

? Apache is httpd.

it was a retarded choice from OpenBSD devs to push the plain 'httpd' naming for their server as it is the generic name for the deamon and not some meme prefix like openhttpd

Any webserver would use httpd.

With the right tools it is. Perl is easier though.