/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find more detailed videos on YouTube)
youtube.com/watch?v=9M2-UIwWguw
>How to install Win7 on new CPUs
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses - e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g. photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

Overclocking
>Use PBO on Ryzen. Legacy overclocking is defunct on Ryzen 2#00X CPUs. youtube.com/watch?v=FC3fsVk9Sss

CPUs
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming (dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-8700K - Best for 1080p gaming, but most expensive when factoring in delid, high-end cooler, etc.
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming/mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

Motherboards
>Only Z300 series boards can utilize fast memory with Intel

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this much
>Current CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>GPU prices have gone down
1080p
>RX 580 or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050Ti or RX560 for lower settings 1080p, or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
1440p
>Vega 56 or Vega 64 /w Freesync; 1070Ti if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
2160p(4K)
>Titan V

Storage
>Consider StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Monitors
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>Lock to 72fps on 144hz non-Gsync monitors with Nvidia cards to prevent tearing on more demanding games
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous:

Attached: 1530039934134.jpg (1280x853, 580K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dYHVUrXOwbI
pcpartpicker.com/list/LsdX29
pcpartpicker.com/product/fPzkcf/fractal-design-meshify-c-atx-mid-tower-case-fd-ca-mesh-c-bko
mindfactory.de/product_info.php/550-Watt-Seasonic-FOCUS-Plus-Modular-80--Gold_1184025.html
pcpartpicker.com/list/WbMbkd
amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01IMZTEBK
pcpartpicker.com/list/DhVwq4
pcpartpicker.com/list/RQXyxG
youtu.be/qh9yo0nJ_2g?t=25m24s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

anime a shit

Agreed

>one day shipping
>actually gonna take 3 days because 4th fo july
fuck this shitty holiday

Attached: 1504769054031.png (938x938, 106K)

AMD is shit too

>buy a gpu on amazon with slow free shipping to get it next week
>decide to upgrade to 2 day but it's close to shipping so can't cancel to rebuy
>call and get free 2 day upgrade
based amazon, arrives thursday

>build your own computer they said
>you will be fine they said

Attached: NEEEEEEEIIIIIIIN.png (593x635, 210K)

>didn't post the build before ordering it
your own fault

I did, a couple times.
few responses, and those who did answer were ok with it

How does one order such a shitty build

Attached: 1508995291641.jpg (670x472, 51K)

There are some good step-by-step building guides on YT+ choosing hardware guides. Do your research, you goon.

I'm mining ethereum with a 4 card rig - which is also my gaming computer, but I haven't been gaming at all lately.

In addition my GPU's have been extremely fucky lately and crashing the whole thing every day.

I'm low on cash, so would this be a good time to just sell the parts & wait a couple months to snag new GPU's, maybe on black friday?

Attached: bl.png (1012x634, 982K)

>I'm mining
>I'm low on cash
Oh, the irony

They were probably shills hence the 2600x. Should have done your own research.

>macafee
KYS
youtube.com/watch?v=dYHVUrXOwbI
Maybe read some reviews before you buy.

Is mining actually turning a profit? If so how much?

After spending a few days on pcpartpicker and YT, I realized I'd actually end up saving money just getting a prebuilt that matches as close to what I want, then switching out components when I needed.

I have to assume that's what most people are doing.

>I'm mining ethereum
>In addition my GPU's have been extremely fucky lately
>I'm low on cas

look at this dude - fucking laugh at him

post the webm someone for god sakes

Attached: 5674576845678678.gif (400x206, 1.76M)

Not that user, but you're saying 2600x is a no go? Holy fuck I just wanna build my computer. What's the alternative?

Honestly that PSU is the worst choice.
>1070 mini
You realise how hot that thing will run? You won't be able to overclock now.
If you don't know what your doing at least ask or research

Attached: tumblr_oz7q5lJjWM1vy2tgqo3_250.jpg (250x250, 13K)

2600x is more than sufficient for gaming right now and anyone who says otherwise is just plain wrong

You only really fucked up on the PSU, rest of the build is cheap but o k. (And the PSU is still quite a good deal, but the nature of electronics says that you should build a system from the PSU and up).

Getting advice here has its ups and downs, its free advice after all. Not all good builders are available at all times, and sometimes you get bad advice as a result. At least you didn't get recommended a FX build like some other user did.

The GPU, memory and PSU could have been better, I would only worry about the temperatures of the Mini
He got a 2017 model, not the old ones
Don't mind him, the 2600X is the better choice. His suggestion gets maxed out because it's a 6c/6t while the 2600 6c/12t

Attached: 1529684501816.png (1824x1026, 1.07M)

Thank God. I had gotten all my parts together and a new cpu would have put me back at step 1.

>fall for the buying parts piecemeal when on sale meme
>RAM I pre-ordered on Amazon mid-May still not restocked
It's looking like another summer with just my old computer.

Of course it is, not as much recently as all of crypto is absolutely in the shitter.

But am retarded, forgot to mention my cards are 2x470's and 2x570's; this is the hashrate I get usually, at least
>when it works

But since I reformatted windows nothing has really worked right, I think it might have something to do with the drivers but idk. All in all mining is a very fucky process in general and I might get more serious about it when I have a job, but for right now I think it's probably the perfect time to buy high/sell low and just scrap this thing and put it directly into coinz.

I always know I'll get these types of replies beforehand but it never gets old triggering salty Jow Forums@ymuR nocoiner autists

That'll work. But its not that cost effective. What some do do is buy a cheap pre-built and toss in a gpu.
Like you can buy used office PCs for cheap

It will just be louder than a regular sized 1070.

>overclocking 10th gen budget nvidia aircooled cards

Might as well use them for mining.

pcpartpicker.com/list/LsdX29
How's this build look?

That hdd is shit and its only 1tb, please get a WD red 2tb or something else.

forgot pic, I must really be retarded after all

Attached: pruffit.png (853x518, 55K)

you can have a gpu and a bitcoin crash, like you said it's a fucky process

Attached: 76867856785678.jpg (500x500, 70K)

2tb is always worth it. 1tb is a waste of money

Its okay. Not enough to get me on ship. Maybe you should just go to trading coins. Its much easier and less risk free

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!

IS THIS A JOKE?

Attached: NOOOO.png (1080x263, 97K)

Where do people get used office pcs? Is there a spot where corps auction off their machines?

That's what I was going to do. I'm specifically looking for something with an 8400. The GPU I can either get later, or get an older gen card from ebay.

Alright. 2tb red it is. Thanks anons

>he bought?
>dump it

Attached: images(4).jpg (225x225, 7K)

What are some good mini ITX tower cases that have good airflow, fromt panel usb and audio jacks and also a tempered glass side panel?
I was thinking about getting the Entoo Evolv ITX but the aiflow in it is pretty bad unless I literally cut some holes into the metal front panel.
I was also considering switching to a smaller "cube" mini-itx case every version that i'm considering requires either a small non-modular or a modular 14 cm to house a full length GPU. What do I do?

Attached: absolutely yuge.jpg (602x482, 51K)

You won't get that from office surplus.
If you want a i5-8400 your gonna have to buy it new with mobo and all.
Just type used PCs and you should find a few listed as old office shit

What are some good ATX tower cases that have good airflow, fromt panel usb and audio jacks and also no tempered glass side panel?

Did you do that on purpose user?

pcpartpicker.com/product/fPzkcf/fractal-design-meshify-c-atx-mid-tower-case-fd-ca-mesh-c-bko

Attached: 543252345.jpg (500x431, 23K)

Nice bait screenshot
Unless you are sure you will oc to 4.2 everytime you play a game and want to spend 100+ on bdie, expensive mobo and cooler then go for it

Attached: Ashes.png (1338x1181, 53K)

I also wanted a recommendation, so I hijacked your post.

Attached: 1356836093555.jpg (169x164, 31K)

I plan on keeping these parts for at least a couple of gens if I can so trying to match up to any future game requirements is what I was aiming for. If you know any parts that are similar in performance but cheaper I'd kiss the shoe of everyone in your family.

When does memory stop being 6x as expensive as it was 18 months ago?

Anything wrong with this build?

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8400 2.8GHz 6-Core Processor (€164.90 @ Caseking)
Motherboard: MSI - Z370-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (€104.90 @ Caseking)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (€175.05 @ Mindfactory)
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (€109.84 @ Mindfactory)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (€38.18 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: Palit - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Dual Video Card (€284.99 @ Alternate)
Case: NZXT - S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case (€66.69 @ Alza)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (€93.69 @ Alza)
Total: €1038.24

stop crying you will literally be fine, it's a good build. Swap the PSU in the near future, you can keep the Corsair as a backup.

You do what I told you the last few times when you asked. Get a Fractal Define Nano S

Stick with the 2600. The threads will pay off

More like $30 for B-Die and $15-$40 for the Spire or a cooler
>oc to 4.2 everytime you play a game
>doesn't understand that there's no need to enable PBO and XFR2 or overclocking manually more than once because it gets saved

Attached: 1528935632708.png (1824x1026, 431K)

Noted. Many thanks user.

What are some sites to sell computers locally? Craigslists in my area is a dud for selling prebuilts.

Try get a seasonic psu gold equivalent. I think they are cheaper right now too.
>i5-8400
Its good now but it only has 6 threads. Honestly for longevity you want more. The ryzen 2600 is a better smarter option

>EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 550W €93.69
You're overpaying for that.
Even accounting for shipping, this one is cheaper,
mindfactory.de/product_info.php/550-Watt-Seasonic-FOCUS-Plus-Modular-80--Gold_1184025.html

amd fine wine best wine
intel wine is fine too

What can I do with my old GTX 650?
I don't think I can sell it for any meaningful money.

I have a version with 2GB of VRAM. It served me very well, but it was time for it to go.

Attached: b464.jpg (670x350, 45K)

Make a cheap build for a cousin or nephew and give it away. Or keep it in case your main GPU breaks.

>What can I do with my old GTX 650?
Shove it up your butt

They are same perfomance and 8400 is cheaper and gets it done with less sweat. People like this tard that say less threads cause stuttering or some shit (thats apparently a new amd shill propaganda) are retarded. Just watch at this graph. A 2700x with 8c/16t stutters more than a 8400. Who would imagine.

Attached: IMG_20180702_170044.jpg (1384x944, 123K)

Thanks a lot, I have no idea what I'm doing.
If I switch to Ryzen 2600, does that mean I need to change the Mobo as well?

Fake and gay

First time build. Goal is sub $700
pcpartpicker.com/list/WbMbkd

What could be better or where can I save?

I know about SSDs and may add one later, but right now it's not something I care about.

it depends on what you do, if you don't have a real usage for it just put it on ebay on auction and make someone happy. i'd pay 30 for it

The 8400 is hitting 100 CPU usage thanks too it's lack of threads already. There is a reason i7's have had 8 threads for at least 5 generations now

worth it to get a 1080ti for a new build or should I just get an used rx560 till the new cards drop?

Yip. Partpicker makes it easy by filtering out mobo for compatibility

Shills in denial
100% cpu usage doesnt necessarily mean it will stutter. It only depends on your ram frequency/timings and the game you play. If you think every time you hit 100% cpu the game is unplayable then 70% of the population that still have 4 threads would have no game to play.

>They are same perfomance
No they aren't

Attached: 16792859.png (1728x972, 2.89M)

>2x4 GB ram
Why?
Your CPU is super powerful for the GPU you've chosen.

>intel
>mini gpu
>fully memedular
>cd drive
try again

I feel like you're bottlenecking your CPU with that 1050ti so either drop the CPU down a notch and spend the money on a SSD or keep it that way and throw the GPU away when you can afford a better one.

>thats apparently a new amd shill propaganda
>100% cpu usage doesnt necessarily mean it will stutter.
Why do you insist on recommending this?

Attached: 8400bf9.png (1920x1080, 735K)

Be careful tho. Some mobos like the ones with b350 chipset might need their bios to be updated (which requires having an older compatible cpu)
Pcpartpicker warns you on the list, in fact. But it does not filter them out.

Nothing wrong with an optical drive, BluRay is a meme though. Also why would you buy a full size 1050ti? This thing doesn't make any heat or noise anyway.

Yip yip yip!!!

>BluRay is a meme
kys yourself nigger

>Nothing wrong with an optical drive
It's 7% of the budget that could be put elsewhere or pocketed.

Or this

Attached: 8400bf5.png (1920x1080, 2.53M)

looks like a fucking youtube video, so this is the power of an overwhelmed cpu

Should wait for new GPU release
The 1080ti will last you for long anyways so might aswell
Yeah I'm 4c4t and I'm dying to upgrade. Though all those background processes will give you stutter. And games are just about to be picking up.
To make this better Intel is suppose to run better on dx11. Anyways these snapshots shouldn't be taken to seriously

Speaking of Pcpartpicker that user mentioned, it's useful to look around in different countries. It's not very in-depth nor does it update very fast, but it's something.
I see the same GTX 1060 6GB on Amazon UK for slightly cheaper. However, it's on backorder, and won't restock until July 10th.
amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01IMZTEBK
235.5 GBP works out to around 266.5 Euro, so even accounting for shipping to Germany(?), it would be cheaper than 285 Euro. If you can wait.

>posts 1 game where bombs and shit go off every second and thinks it will not stutter
Even the 2600x stutters the same what are you trying to prove? Or because you showed me one picture where it gets more frames in a 2013 game the 2600x is better?
You dont even compare it to anything. The 2600x would stutter the same.

pcpartpicker.com/list/DhVwq4
Opinions?

That graph is all over the place in some spots. You experience stutter?

I need a BR drive to burn movies that I can't find online unfortunately. It doesn't happen a lot, but it'd be nice to have.

I just watched a 20 min review on the 1050ti. The EVGA isn't mini. It just doesn't have a giant shroud on it.

I want a CPU that won't be obsolete (not able to perform tasks) in 2 years and can upgrade a GPU later if need be. I also do more CPU intensive tasks more often.
In fact I don't care about the 1050ti. I'd get a used card from a previous gen if I knew enough about GPUs to know what could reliably do 1080 with at least 4GBs of VRAM. But I don't have any interest in digging through reviews of older cards.

Its because you have a 5 year old cpu thats why. I bet you a 5 year old cpu with more threads will be equally shit

1. Use pcpartpicker, it's easier for everyone.
2. Mindfactory is 99% the cheapest, don't rely on (((price finders))), check it yourself.
3. Unless you specifically require single core performance the 2600 is better.
>CPU: Intel - Core i5-8400 2.8GHz 6-Core Processor (€164.90 @ Caseking)
>Motherboard: MSI - Z370-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (€104.90 @ Caseking)
>Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (€175.05 @ Mindfactory)
Complete waste of money. 8400 can't utilise Z370 or 3000 RAM. Rest looks good.

pcpartpicker.com/list/RQXyxG

>The 2600x would stutter the same.

Attached: CIV.jpg (711x457, 36K)

It's literally down a fan from traditional cooling solutions, limiting its headroom at lower fan speeds.
But since you don't care about the GPU in general it's probably fine if it throttles.

Attached: 51B6xthK5mL.jpg (500x500, 34K)

Does anyone have any experience with the Sharkoon QB One? Is there a was to cram 2 ssd and one 3.5 in HDD in there? Officially it only supports either two 3.5 HDDs or two 2.5 SSDs.
Here's what it says on the official website:
"In addition, up to two 3.5" hard drives or two 2.5" HDD/SSDs can be installed. An additional 2.5" HDD/SSD can be mounted in the back of the case, instead of an 80 mm fan."
I'm using a cpu fan so I won't be mounting the SSD in there.

Attached: noice.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

You should look up and find out if 3tb still has a high failure rate. Couple years back the 3tb had like a 50% failure rate. No jokes. So I've always know to stay away from them. But times changed

Bet you could buy a used 1050ti from somewhere. Save yourself some shekels if you really don't care

Ignore this guyYou won't get throttled. The 1050ti is an extremely efficient card drawing less than half of any other card you'll find. Its under 50w. Through that alone you know temps won't be an issue

I feel like you don't know what you're talking about

youtu.be/qh9yo0nJ_2g?t=25m24s

Attached: testst.jpg (1803x948, 146K)

that's a big PSU

there's no headroom to have on a 1050ti, they run on 30° pretty much all the time with minimum fan speed. Why bother with a huge PCB when it's just wasted space?

A z370 will let you use a better ram which will you give overall smoother experience and better 1% lows in games. It is worth it if you can find a 3000/3200 ram for the same price as a 2666 which they usually are atleast in eu.
I see all ryzen 6c/12t and even a 8c/16t having slower frame time = more stutter. You just cuck yourself more with your posts

>that's a big PSU

Attached: 1530516933666.jpg (743x800, 86K)

whats the best site to buy parts if im in Denmark? I just assumed the german amazon since they give me free shipping over 39 euros

>30°
damn, my 1050 2GB hits 60C on load

fucking igloos