What were the best and worst versions of Windows and why?

What were the best and worst versions of Windows and why?

Attached: Windows10work.png (960x495, 528K)

>best
XP
>Worst
10, if only because of the forced updates

>best
Windows 10, it's like 7 but with more polish.
>worst
ME, obvious reasons.

XP, because muh nostalgia
10, because I'm afraid of change
this whole board

best 7
worst 10

Windows 10 2016 LTSB

/thread

best 7
worst vista or 10

best 7
worst
idk vista? all of the windows servers?

10 is the best and the worst.

I like it a lot and it's more secure than 7. However, every new computer I've put my hands on that has 10 preinstalled has had that bug where it shows 100% disk usage and runs like a slug. On some computers, it's fixed by disabling telemetry. Some, disabling superfetch. Some, it's the Windows Update service. Others, there's no apparent reason, and the only fix is reinstalling Windows. Fucking nightmare.

It's hard to tell, based on which criteria?

Because the newest versions are always more updated and more relevant to current UI and UX trends.

Windows 98 SE was for me the most stable version and it was also quite simple to use.

I can't say I liked any UI from any version. I hated Vista, I think it had a cheap look. I like some things in the Win10 UI, especially the Fluent design parts.

But Win10 is such an unfinished product.

That's why it's hard to compare finished products like Win 98 SE with Win 10 (say Enterprise), which is only partly finished.

The best is Windows 10 because is the newest and has more cool apps like Cortana and you can talk with your computer. It's like in the sci-fi movies of the future. But is already here!

learn to shit in a fucking toilet habeeb

All of the machines in my house run Windows 7 Enterprise for a reason.
It's just too good. Like, have you tried to install Windows 8.1 recently? It won't update properly. Windows 7 still works fine after all these years.

currently yes, but i saw somewhere that LTSB will become LTSC (channel instead of brancg)

GNU/Linux is the infinitely superior operating system.

Explain

Best: Windows 10 with all the bloat, telemetry, updates, security center, windows defender all disabled

Worst: Windows 10 from a fresh install

>Windows 10 with all the bloat, telemetry, updates, security center, windows defender all disabled
...so a fresh Windows 7 install? You're just getting there the hard way. I run the same shit, I can just get it done in less steps, with less code.

>fresh Windows 7 install

Have fun doing 300+ updates

help a brainlet. how do i disable telemetry? and why should it be disabled?

Attached: 1530071465689.png (671x519, 146K)

best: 10
worst: 10

Air gap

>best
NT 3.1. Ushered in a new era of Windows, and we've been running it's direct descendants happily for 20 years now.
>worst
NT 3.1. No apps, incomplete, buggy as hell, insane system requirements, completely new maintenance/tech support paradigms, and only should be remembered for being the debut of the kernel we're all still using 25 years later.

Fresh WES7 install. Untick the stuff you don't need during install. Less updates to do that way, too.

MS are changing the name, basically. The next "LTSB" release will be called something like Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019.

>Windows 98 SE was for me the most stable version

Kek, nice one kid

Attached: 1525932255306.jpg (250x201, 25K)

>best
MS-DOS
>worst
Windows *

who cares, shit thread op, go to r/windows or something

Freedos

Attached: 1509658100077.jpg (363x363, 50K)

Go be a party pooper somewhere else. I like these "poll" threads - though I'd like them more if people gave their reasons.