Does anyone else miss him?

I used to be an edgy winfag who joked about his death all the time, but I never really thought about the real impact he left.
Everything just seems so..empty in his absence.
I just see uninspired design after uninspired design trying to copy each other over and over again with minor bullshit changes each time.

OG Jobs really just brings me back to a simpler time.
Back when I was in middle school we had those shiny colorful transparent imacs and thought they were the coolest most futuristic shit ever invented. They had more than just style, they had spirit. Steve Jobs was like the Willy Wonka of computers, and without that childlike 90s-00a wonder, we're at a loss for where to go next.

Attached: jobs.jpg (569x569, 128K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IAd
fastcompany.com/1639319/apples-iad-goes-vip-leaving-google-behind-velvet-ropes
youtube.com/watch?v=dULN8WbMb3M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Completely agreed user.

Jobs' obsession and hard manners shaped modern computing, bringing computers to the point of having more casual, human applications, outside the corporate environment.

He indeed left a big part empty: The part he always filled while alive, pushing computers off their "moral boundaries" in the tech ecosystem. And mostly the fact that he couldn't care less about some half assed engineer or developer's opinion. They didn't make the dream with him, they were gone.

No.

/thread

I miss him. Wasn't into Mac till mid 2000s. I miss how they use to have an ATI or Nvidia video card and not Intel shit.

I'm glad he's dead, but I'm not glad he's gone.

He made computers more accessible for normies.

I relish the thought of him burning in hell.

Fuck you. He's the technology Prometheus. Gave the fire of tech to the normies and they've been burning everything ever since. We have so much more now than we did 20 years ago but somehow everything is worse.

I'm glad he's dead, and I'm glad he's gone.

No. Why would I miss someone I never met?

>destroys the internet by making it usable for the dumb masses

I hope someone invents a time machine just to kill him in 2004

Jobs got some things right and a lot of other things wrong. Really like his NexT system which is why I like the Mac today but he brought over a lot of silliness.
Jony Ive still got the edge.

I feel ya

Hmm, I agree to a point. There is definitely a lack of aesthetics in modern computing, and if Jobs did one thing it was making computers look sexy. This had its pros and cons. Still, he was a total bag of dicks though, so there's that.

Attached: 1519509260868.jpg (554x439, 106K)

Nigga you are included in the dumb masses.

Attached: 1512817586560.jpg (440x392, 34K)

I'm glad he's gone, just a bummer he had to die for that to happen

stop using the n word, it sounds pathetic you subhuman, go say it in facebook

>t. never lived through the web 1.0 era

It was comfy as fuck not having to deal with people who have no idea how to behave on the internet.

Only miss him because I love my MBP 2011

how did we go from this......

Attached: max.png (840x360, 307K)

... to this.

Attached: RaMCO4kV_400x400.jpg (400x400, 20K)

>You now remember webrings

I don't. I think he over-emphasised the importance of design in computing devices to the point that normies now only buy meme phones with glass backs and animated poop emojis. He started this trend and he's responsible for making computing devices look like trivial gadgets that are meant to amuse idiots.

And he was wrong about the post-PC prediction, tablets did not replace anything and failed to become a necessary staple of every day life. But for actual work people continue to use non-post-PC devices.

> We need more Braun rip-offs

Attached: 1530645571595.png (470x1300, 481K)

b-but.. he was a design genius!! reee!!!!!!!

Attached: 1447386280928.png (470x495, 21K)

lol Ive is a big fraud. He copied from Braun and from a Swedish designer, Josef Frank.

"good designers copy, great designers steal"

what is confirmation bias?

> being this edgy

My 2017 iMac has an ATI card.

found a 2001 apple CRT a while ago wanted to get it working so desperately because it looked so cool and was VGA it turned on and had dimontron internals but some idiot had cut the cable and I couldn't find a new one online :( even tried to rewire it but iddnt work gave up and now its gone :(

I liked when they made him thinner and lighter. It was so innovative. One more thing.

Attached: 1411537066369.png (550x535, 537K)

Literally everything Applel has ever shat out is stolen.
pre-2000's Applel were all Braun knockoffs.
Macbook Air is a Vaio x505 knockoff.
iPhones are Sony design knockoffs and the designer even revealed it during the Apple/Samsung lawsuits.
The iPhone name was even stolen from Cisco.

Attached: 1512689334454.png (465x493, 257K)

>gave us the aids of today's internet
not at all

it's nigger for you

you mean this

Attached: notch.jpg (279x181, 5K)

daym braun looks like THAT

Attached: 1346138667058.jpg (400x400, 128K)

>normies
Are you 12?
If you are, leave.

About 10 years ago, I used to bash Apple along with the rest of you fags. I unironically love them now. They are the last great truly "white" tech companies that hasn't been completely subverted. There is a genuine care about things which actually matter such as privacy. They are willing to take a principled stand, even when it costs them. Great company.

Also, they make a fantastic, commercially successful implementation of Unix.

Attached: 1530499774842.jpg (2000x2000, 547K)

Jobs Apple was at least less shit than post-Jobs Apple.

Truly revolutionary.

Attached: 1530150169958.jpg (320x320, 14K)

Isn't that the fuckwit who used to run lainchan?
Fuck that cunt & fuck that board.

I miss the him i knew in the early 2000's
I really liked the comeback apple computers of the late 90's and early 00's
Serial Experiments Lain really makes me nostalgic for that and him.

Attached: imacdvgrape.jpg (320x263, 26K)

Reminder that the ONLY reason apple isn't in the ad business right this second is because they were shit at it and were losing money from it.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IAd

Even when they were shit at it, they still BRAGGED about how much data they harvested from iToddler morons through iAd Analytics.
fastcompany.com/1639319/apples-iad-goes-vip-leaving-google-behind-velvet-ropes

Now that they've been forced out of the market, it's just non-stop iPajeet sour grapes to spin it as if they ever cared about privacy, and brain dead iToddlers lap it up. Meanwhile STILL selling all iToddlers' data directly to the NSA through PRISM.

Attached: 1508935791489.png (489x839, 99K)

kys elitist

F

You're a normie though

Macintosh didn't even have internet.
www isn't even the first time normal people came to the internet. It was literally you not knowing how to be have, and that's actually fine.

Attached: .png (500x364, 12K)

>speaker = monitor
>radio = computer

There are 16 year old just opening up this board right now who have no idea who this man was. How does that make you feel?

>Back when I was in middle school we had those shiny colorful transparent imacs and thought they were the coolest most futuristic shit ever invented. They had more than just style, they had spirit. Steve Jobs was like the Willy Wonka of computers, and without that childlike 90s-00a wonder, we're at a loss for where to go next.

You had a severe lack of imagination, even an old ass Amiga 500 with a CD32 was cooler.

Fuck off ignorant retards. I actually met with people who worked alongside him and they tell me how this faggot gets credit in public for nearly all the stuff he didn't do at all.

but user, I don't use itunes

Literally every OS is "compromised". At least Apple has the power to push back and tell ABCs to go fuck themselves. Hobby loonix distros just have to bend over for whatever their ((( financial backers ))) demand. Meanwhile, you get an inferior, unstable operating system that breaks every time there is an update.

Attached: botnetd.gif (426x284, 3.72M)

I admire the man.

Hes the only one who has challenged Microsoft/Symbian and actually made a dent.

Whether the hardware/software is shit or not is just your opinion. There was that leaked email of his where he wanted to fix ios notifications to be like androids but that still hasnt happened since hes died.

>Meanwhile, you get an inferior, unstable operating system that breaks every time there is an update.
#JustMacshitThings

Attached: 1521848552776.png (750x933, 317K)

Never once had an issue with the software. I wait for couple of weeks after a big update is released, so that the major bugs (if any) can be addressed. Like you should do on any operating system if you're not a brainlet. If you aren't doing this on Linux or Windows, you are a fucking idiot.

As for hardware, for me personally, Apple has replaced literally hundreds of dollars of equipment with labour included, free of charge. All I did was take it into the store and they sorted it out. You can't get that kind of quality service anywhere else.

Funny how you shills always post the same tired articles. It's like you all have access to some drive of the same shill images in your shill factory. Go fuck yourself.

Attached: brainlet.png (621x702, 56K)

t. nigger

When i was in school the only Mac in the entire school was in the retarded kid class, where they played a type racing game on an Apple II.

> If you aren't doing this on Linux or Windows
I installed Debian 9 on a server in less than a week after its release. No issues at all.

"White" tech company.
Not subverted.
Wtf do you mean by this? Has apple some how become the next altright circlejerk company? For what fucking purpose?

>Literally everything Applel has ever shat out is stolen.

Attached: ivefraud.png (1400x2000, 2.19M)

I like to blame the death of steve jobs for all the flat design garbage that came out later.

I don't know why people hated him. He made NeXT and saved Apple. PPC Macs were excellent too,

Yeah, iphone was kinda gay towards the end but at that point it was making a lot of money so of course he rode that tiger for a bit.

He was actually /ourguy/, woke on (((unions))), the role of the family, and the (((media)))
Watch: youtube.com/watch?v=dULN8WbMb3M

Attached: powerMac_G3_print_spread.jpg (1944x1223, 156K)

I remember how the media tried to slander him constantly about muh poor chink factory workers

it felt like a very. intentional effort to muddy his name

Yes, he was practically a fascist dictator who was also a visionary. He was the "idea guy" who forced people to make his vision come to life. Now there are no idea guys, just a bunch of retards trying to "innovate" for the sake of "innovation" so they can live up to the Steve Jobs name. Unfortunately Apple products keep getting worse every year.

>I'm a believer in equal opportunity, not equal outcome.
based

it's almost like design, like most other human constructs, are derivatives.

jesus fucking christ.

Apple is boring without him.

>some Swedish hack was the first to round off the corners on squares
No Sweetie.

Its mostly the higher end system that have a better graphics card. Back in the day only a few system had intel graphics and most system had ATI or Nvidia. I miss how the Intel Mac Mini had an Nvidia card built in.

isn't it pretty much the same except the bin desktop pc

Hell Microsoft and other IT hardware companies use the same factory. Chink workers jumped off buildings during the Xbox 360 production runs.

the os name was also stolen from cisco
>ios

"Good artists copy. Great artists steal."

I blame Microsoft and their thinking that the answer to why the iPad took off and Tablet PCs didn't is because Windows didn't have a big, blocky UI.

>The apple professional shilling season has started already
i would love to know how much are you paid by post

>I just see uninspired design after uninspired design trying to copy each other over and over again with minor bullshit changes each time.

This is so true. They have no idea what to do.
Since ip5 and Supe Edition there is nothing innovative or original in phones look.

do you hate having access to a computar that much?

you dont miss the man, you miss his work.

so that sweed was the first to round the corners of objects? oh my.

Yeah he was the first to round corners in an object at that particular angle. It's about how the tangets to the angle are resolved. This design solution is unique to Frank Josef and Ive just stole it.

It's ironic that now he complains that other companies are copying Apple, because he copied other designers too (the Braun guy and the Swede).

*how the tangents to the angle are resolved

This is real cringe

Samefagging this hard.

To answer your question, no we don't miss him. The iPhone essentially ruined modern society, enabled Twitter and Instagram whores, and made you accountable to work 24/7.

Just because he put a shiny wrapper on what are essentially calculators doesn't make him a genius.

He was a faggot.

i'm pretty sure if jobs was still around they would work on smartphones that would go in the direction the hand terminals in "the expanse" look and work.

>made you accountable to work 24/7
>zoomer history

I was unaware that Apple made pagers and the Blackberry.

>works for me so it's perfect for everyone
>As for hardware, for me personally, Apple has replaced literally hundreds of dollars of equipment with labour included, free of charge
I've upgraded a few times, only thing that's failed me is a gpu and external hard drive, so from that Apple fills their computers with cheap parts