/retro/ thread

Bought an X68000 for the kids so they can use it for simple homework. Have it set up to run wifi and the signal is strong. But youtube videos, even at 480, are very choppy and incoherent.

Does anyone know a way to get youtube to work better on the default browser? Do I need a different browser?

Attached: x68k.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/g/?task=search&ghost=&search_text="But youtube videos, even at 480, are very choppy and incoherent"
ebay.com/itm//192286567641
youtube.com/watch?v=oGMx_Cw0lCc
winworldpc.com/product/mac-os-8/copland
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

shit

lucky kid

>starting threads with copypaste from Jow Forumsretrobattlestations

>from Jow Forumsretrobattlestations
u wot?

You're forgetting the rules.

>"Retro PC thread"
it's always been "/retro/ thread"
I agree with OP on that

Some people are really strange.
warosu.org/g/?task=search&ghost=&search_text="But youtube videos, even at 480, are very choppy and incoherent"

Muh dicc

Fuck off

It's called pasta for a reason.

Attached: 1493645732390.jpg (560x489, 190K)

Pfffftt.....

It just doesn't feel pasta-worthy, so I'm guessing there's a lone autist posting these.

god the x68k is attractive

Did you just pussy fart?

Is there any use for old computers outside playing around with them and on them in the first place?

Attached: 1500608336414.jpg (1401x1290, 595K)

Is there any use for JPCs anyway outside hentai games and weeb dating sims? I never thought those had any kind of decent software library and you can't find any info about them in English.

It's mostly weeb hipsters.

also fuck that autist who thinks it's ebic funneh lulz to link overprice Ebay auctions

Attached: 1500139599082.jpg (1280x960, 264K)

Remember this? ebay.com/itm//192286567641

Attached: 1471929706926.jpg (3264x1629, 418K)

When Apple tried to target the professional server/workstation market with machines that had no memory protection.

>machines that had no memory protection.
The machines had support for memory protection. The OS did not.
Not that it was even that big of a deal when programs you ran wheren't coded by two dozen people who had no idea what they where doing.

>defending apple
BASEDBOY MACTODDLER

>The machines had support for memory protection. The OS did not.
Which was why it was a dumb idea to pitch them as an alternative to Unix in the workstation market.

Which is why Apple had A/UX but ultimately failed though.

The X68k was a machine for action games and perfect arcade ports, not just VNs.

Go download MAME if you want that shit.

see

why? in what way?

Check out my custom build

Attached: 1497875950980.jpg (620x509, 58K)

SEXUALLY

explain it

It arouses me

Visual stimulus engorges the phallus sir

Got it

Attached: 2ckqc5.jpg (724x499, 135K)

Add keyboard without number keys while upgrading everything else?

What do you guys think of Commodore's marketing for the VIC? You know, "why buy a video game when you can buy a computer for the same price?"

Attached: Shatner_Vic20.jpg (1181x1600, 699K)

VIC-20 was the last good marketing Commodore did.

But the latter ad's though.
youtube.com/watch?v=oGMx_Cw0lCc

>Microsoft BASIC
>Standard
>N/A
>N/A
>$99

Eh? The CoCo had standard MS BASIC included in the system ROM.

That's epic. Us gamers need to preserve this gaming tech for gamers of future generations. I love retro gaming, the wife has been on to me about collecting too many gaming CRT TVs, but she doesn't understand retro gaming culture.

Fluttershy doesn't count as a wife, you know.

I love gamer banter. We are friends.

I believe the reference "before" model isn't the same as op's one

That ad is actually making a few asspulls. The built-in ROM BASIC on the CoCo doesn't have any disk support, but if you got a disk drive and the controller cartridge, it had the ROM-based Extended Color BASIC built in. Which is more or less the same thing as the ROM DOS on Commodore disk drives. And Commodore BASIC actually had no built-in disk commands, you just had to type inane shit like OPEN15,8,15:PRINT#15,"S:FILENAME":CLOSE15 (this particular command deletes a file).

They also ignore the fact that the VIC-20 had the smallest screen resolution out of all those machines.

>the wife has been on to me about collecting too many gaming CRT TVs, but she doesn't understand retro gaming culture.
>not having a nerdy gf who likes to play with old hardware and games with you
Why even marry?

I've been curious to ask for a while, can you guys give an inventory of cool old computers you own?

Attached: 1489785315624.jpg (500x386, 30K)

anyone know how to get an OS like lain's?

rice

>

Attached: 1474495834663.jpg (600x720, 79K)

>still getting owned by the wordfilter months after they set it
Are Jow Forumsniggers all clinically retarded?

t. booty-bothered macman-baby

And how do you know he did fell for the filter and didn't typed it on purpose, basedboy?

winworldpc.com/product/mac-os-8/copland

>X68000
>wifi
Pick one.

You must be new on Jow Forums

>not using an Arduino based AUI WiFi bridge
I bet you don't even have a X68000.

>that boomer who can't get into basedboy memes

The 3200SX, one that's modded in that picture, has in fact a numpad.

Attached: IMG_t3200sx3 (4).jpg (750x1000, 604K)

bump

>Is there any use for JPCs anyway?
Yes, if you actually like old computers.
> I never thought those had any kind of decent software library
They have though. Just because you can't be damned to use google doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
>you can't find any info about them in English.
That was 20 years ago, and some of them like the MZ series did get localized here and had some following too so I can get my infos in my native language. Same for MSX machines.
Also
>weeb dating sims
you should listen to pic related and leave this website.

Attached: weeb_weeb_weeb_weeb.jpg (1227x339, 79K)

>you should listen to pic related and leave this website.
You do realize this is a weeb website?

Attached: itt1511081682026.jpg (1800x1578, 235K)

If you didn't understand that the pic mean people complaining about """weeb""" stuff should go to reddit instead of staying here you should worry about your reading comprehension.

Who was complaining?

Maybe ten years ago. Not any more.

anyone know how 3dfx cards handled vsync in glide or opengl? I never remember screen tearing being an issue when I had my voodoo2, but as soon as I got a riva tnt and played quake 2, I was shocked when I first saw the screen tear.

Did 3dfx just enable it by default at the driver level or something? I still have nightmares to this day.

The point of VSync is to keep your FPS below your refresh rate to eliminate tearing. It does not work when the average FPS is actually under the refresh rate, you'll get tearing with VSync also.
VSync can be set with an environmental value or in the 3dfx control panel.

only redditards force this meme. Weebshit never went away and it's never going away. Only redditards want it to go away. Only redditards use the "it was a long time ago" reasoning

Ignore and enjoy the idea that they get triggered each time they see 2D on Jow Forums.

That's borderline abuse

the fuck? Vsync still works if the fps is under your refresh rate.

Yes, but it cuts to half of the refresh rate, that can be objectively *worse* than running it with slight tearing.

I.e. a game runs at 55 FPS on average on a 60Hz display.
VSync will sync it to 30FPS, half of the refresh rate to get rid of tearing (because the game is not running on average over 60 FPS).

not if you use triple buffering

That will also kill your latency.

- Commodore 64 breadbin version
- Pravetz 8D (pictured)
- Sanyo PHC-28L
- Sony HB-75D

Attached: DSCF2624.jpg (2592x1944, 1.24M)

That's pretty damn awesome. I don't like the new keyboard

disgusting

>finally open up the old IBM 5150 I've had for years
>MF-100 card has a leaking barrel battery that's all over the card

Thankfully the only corrosion on the motherboard seems to be localized to an empty socket. Not sure what to do with the card though, not sure if it can be saved since it looks like the corrosion has gotten into the board and it seems to be flaking up. The memory bank looks fine though and all those chips are socketed anyways.

On that note, if I get this thing working what all can I do with a 5150? The monitor I have is monochrome but it's got a color graphics card on board.

A/UX Existed for a reason

Amiga 1200
Amiga 500
Kaypro 10
Quadra 950
Commodore 64

Attached: 1522519976963.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

Amiga 500
Atari MegaST1
Atari 520ST+
Sony HB-F700F
Thomson To7/70
Amstrad CPC 6128
Apple Power Macintosh G3 266
Currently in the process of getting a Sharp MZ-721 too.

Attached: anmira_disk_3.png (640x400, 35K)

>get free Atari ST
>don't own a monitor to connect it to

If you don't mind using the hi-res monochrome mode, there's the option of getting/making (good luck finding a male DIN 13 plug) an adapter to hook a PC SVGA monitor to it. Otherwise, know that you can use Amiga or any other 15kHz analog RGB monitors with it. You'll just need to find the cable for that.

Atari STe 1040
Commodore Amiga 1200
Commodore 64
IBM 5170
IBM ThinkPad 300c
IBM ThinkPad 310
IBM ThinkPad 365XD
SGI Indy
Sinclair ZX Spectrum+
Toshiba Libretto 50CT
Toshiba Libretto 100CT

Attached: repair.jpg (6000x4000, 1.61M)

>The machines had support for memory protection.
Well duh, they were done by decent non-apple companies.

my favorite keyboard, have you retrobrighted any of the units in the photo?