Why do some Javascript devs hate react?

Why do some Javascript devs hate react?

To me it only shows that you don't even know how to use javascript since classes, and the methods are a vital part of the new es6+ . If you don't understand react then you don't know javascript either.

Attached: react-opti.png (600x167, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

javascript.info/class-inheritance
twitter.com/AnonBabble

React is gay. Vue is better.

Because memeworks are fucking retarded.
I wrote a 25k line commercial web app at work that blows the fuck out of all our competition and it was done with Vanilla ES6.

Don’t LARP.

You could probably have written it in less than half the time using React.

Nah. He’d still be trying to get his view and data layer working together.

Oh Yeah

is this a react tutorial or javascript tutorial?

javascript.info/class-inheritance

hmmmmmmm fucking plebs too stupid to realize that react is javascript. OP is right, if you can't do react, you need to git gud cause that the new js.

>then everyone got up and clapped and he was made ceo of the company on the spot

So are you gonna work there the rest of your life? How the fuck will they maintain that shit?

Believe what you want kiddo.
I'm not saying it was easy, but it really is better than anything else that uses (or misuses in my experience) bloated memeworks like react or angular.

Probably could've but it would've been shit like all of our competitors.
Any memework you pick up is built to solve generic problems, and you pay the price for it in performance.
Do your own benchmarks if you don't believe me.

Yeah but what you wrote is unmaintanable shit that other devs won't be able to work with easily.

I will admit, I used requirejs to keep things in logically separerated files and manage dependencies and mocha to do a lot of unit tests. It's not that messy at all. Reads kinda like a C program.

Surprised that Jow Forums shits on react when they're fans of functional programming. React turns your View into a pure function of props and state.

Attached: chrome_2018-07-03_20-15-31.png (796x431, 47K)

I've written large projects in React and never had any performance issues, to be honest I don't understand how people manage to get such poor performance from even simple pages.
Yeah I could write a super specialized stack that fits the task 100% but I don't think clients would like to pay twice as much for a 5% tops speed boost.

HAHAHAHA. So hold up we only write the class.extend and react library is just a bunch of classes.
WOW I was fucking confused for ages and now it makes sense.

Vue is much better

Shit like v-model is godlike, and react doesn't have it. Vue Router is also superior to React Router.

I will add that the app in question does some especially interactive visualizing of large datasets so performance was a huge concern.
And so you're right it's probably not the case at all that most apps will see much gains from going Vanilla.
But my point is it's really not that hard to go Vanilla in the first place. Especially not with all the cool shit ES6 has.
React was built to idiot proof code written by fuckhuge teams working on one fuckhuge app; not to make code faster or easier to write. So unless you're working on something in the 100k or working with 10+ people, it's really not worth it in my opinion.

Yeah I love writing made up tags like `v-if`

Angular is so much better, it even got me a job at Google.

Cause some fucktards don't know programming. So they prefer fucking html and csshit over braking everthing you can see as components and manipulate its states through js.

Almost forgetting: Redux is bloteware.

>Let's .toString() functions and rely on undefined behavior to see what needs to be injected
bravo

>not understanding di
it's like you want to be poor

>Angular
The worst of all.

React is a mediocre framework.

They tried to implement the idea of using finite automata to do UIs (something that was pretty popular back on the 80s, before everyone went Object-Oriented).

They decided to make each node stateful, they did this because they wanted to make components more portable, but in the end it caused React apps to be a lot harder to reason about, harder to test, and harder to maintain.

Redux is basically a duck-tape solution for that, but then you lose the ability to do side-effects idiomatically.

MobX is cute, but is more of a toy than anything else, the "best practices" of MobX are documented as antipatterns on books from the 90s of event-driven programming.

I think react is very ugly. I appreciate its speed and combination jsx but holy shit is it ugly and it makes debugging horrible

I don't dislike react
I dislike the mountain of trash it sits atop
You know how to create-react-app
But have you ever had to set up a node module?
It's awful
I need to set up babel
and webpack
and storybook
and jest and enzyme and chai
and flow types
The amount of boilerplate is absurd
And then there's npm
One fucking typo and your whole system is rooted and owned
There are packages on node registry that will surreptitiously retweet hot pockets on twitter
They have had their registry compromised multiple times
They refuse to implement package integrity
Someone went to the trouble of building gpg signing for them, made a pull request, and they refused to merge
They claimed they were going to do something better, years ago
Then didn't do anything
The entire ecosystem outside of react is a dumpster fire

npm is such a fucking joke and it's depressing that all the web shit beyond writing vanilla JS relies on it.

The only place I give a fuck about frontend frameworks is complex dom manipulation. I currently use Vue for such things because it stays the fuck out of my way, but I'd rather not even need a framework. How does ES6 make dom manipulation not cancerous? I'm not a frontend enthusiast so my knowledge of new js shit is limited.

i want into web development

i know c# and mvc at average level
currently im learning html + css and then i plan to learn javascript and angular

should i do something differently?

>jsx

Yikes.

The only way is the Angular way.

>you must use OOP if you write javascript

this is why websites run so slow