/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find more detailed videos on YouTube)
youtube.com/watch?v=9M2-UIwWguw
>How to install Win7 on new CPUs
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses - e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g. photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

Overclocking
>Use PBO on Ryzen. Legacy overclocking is defunct on Ryzen 2#00X CPUs. youtube.com/watch?v=FC3fsVk9Sss

CPUs
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming (dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-8700K - Best for 1080p gaming, but most expensive when factoring in delid, high-end cooler, etc.
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming/mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

Motherboards
>Only Z300 series boards can utilize fast memory with Intel

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this much
>Current CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>GPU prices have gone down
1080p
>RX 580 or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050Ti or RX560 for lower settings 1080p, or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
1440p
>Vega 56 or Vega 64 /w Freesync; 1070Ti if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
2160p(4K)
>Titan V

Storage
>Consider StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Monitors
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>Lock to 72fps on 144hz non-Gsync monitors with Nvidia cards to prevent tearing on more demanding games
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 22.12.01.png (684x343, 440K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/XTq4NQ
pcpartpicker.com/list/GKt7Cb
youtube.com/watch?v=L8T2gzIkw78
pcpartpicker.com/product/jpH48d/gskill-memory-f43200c14d16gvk
pcpartpicker.com/list/mHmDzY
rentry.co/pcbg-FAQ
pcpartpicker.com/list/fLh38Y
pcpartpicker.com/list/YHYNyX
pcpartpicker.com/list/n6XRFt
amazon.com/Acer-Predator-X27-bmiphzx-Monitor/dp/B07CWDBL39/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1530680921&sr=8-2&keywords=4k 144hz
pcpartpicker.com/list/TLbhjy
pcpartpicker.com/list/MGJnGG
pcpartpicker.com/list/bBWtWD
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAA0S7125010
pcpartpicker.com/list/kXdbkd
pcpartpicker.com/list/hjsp3b
twitter.com/AnonBabble

anime a shit

I want to jump off a building.

So I've just put together my build and I'm running into problems right off the bat. It'll power on for 10-20 seconds, then go into a reboot cycle, each time staying on for 10-20 seconds.
All the fans and lights run fine on boot, but it seems to be a power supply or mobo problem.

Here's the part list:
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/XTq4NQ

Is my PSU too weak? Did I go wrong with the wiring somewhere? What do?

I call it "The Lazy Logical Increment"

pcpartpicker.com/list/GKt7Cb

Reminder that resolution>frame rate

I call you "The Nigger"

I'd swap the motherboard for the Gaming Plus or a Strix X470-F, the X470 Master SLI has fake double power phases (4+2)
youtube.com/watch?v=L8T2gzIkw78 at 32:25
>You now have something that looks like an 8 phase but electrically behaves like a 4
The memory for this B-Die kit (to overclock the memory more than a CL16 kit) and maybe a MX500 500GB
pcpartpicker.com/product/jpH48d/gskill-memory-f43200c14d16gvk

Attached: 16734327.png (1824x1026, 1.07M)

Frankly, bad things can be said about all mATX b350 boards. They weren't that good.
I'd generally just recommend the b350m pro4 now that they aren't selling that bad production run of them anymore it'd seem. It's not amazing, but it's not trash.

b450 looks to be better, which are coming out this month. But it pisses me off that they didn't make any mATX X470.

>ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/XTq4NQ
>It'll power on for 10-20 seconds, then go into a reboot cycle, each time staying on for 10-20 seconds.
>All the fans and lights run fine on boot, but it seems to be a power supply or mobo problem.
Sounds like it's not running your memory timings.
Just leave it going for 15 minutes, could even take like 30, and you've just been impatient and not let it attempt to POST enough. It'll eventually find bootable timings.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/mHmDzY
Why are you paying $195 for a 1600X when you can get a 2006X for $10 more..? Even a 2600 would be better.
And use the stock 2600X cooler.
Get 2 DIMMS, at least 2666 @ 1.2v. ctrl+f(memory) here rentry.co/pcbg-FAQ
Single channel is a common cause of stutters.
Why are you paying $140 for a 850 Evo when you can get a faster MX500 for $109?
Why are you paying retail for windows?
Get a PSU that's at least semi-modular like the BQ or M12ii.

Reminder that both>one or the other.
Though I'd definitely say 1080p really isn't enough. Even with super sampling... once you see more pixels it's hard to go back. Once you see high refresh rate, it's hard to go back (though going from 60 to 75 is a bigger deal than going from 75 to 144)

>pcpartpicker.com/list/GKt7Cb
What the fuck.
For $1700 you could get a 2600X, vega56, AND a 1440p 144hz monitor included instead of having no monitor.
That build is so terrible in so many ways, even without knowing what you're doing with it.

Hey guys, i am a poor brazilian guy. I am between R9 380(regular not the X) and 1050TI, who is 15BRL more expansive. Which one should i buy??????????????

Attached: 1530122414717.png (360x360, 109K)

Fpbp

Google nigger

4*2 phase is perfectly fine for a 2700X, though. The Pro and Strix are a lot more money, and Gigabyte is just garbage.

Do you pay for your own electricity? 1050ti is likely a better option. Around the same performance, but will use like 1/4th or less the power.

7950/380 uses 100watts just idling if you have 2 monitors plugged in.

>Sounds like it's not running your memory timings.
>Just leave it going for 15 minutes, could even take like 30
I don't quite understand how that works but I'll try it. I also have some Trident RAM (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR) that i'm planning on returning soon, should I plug em in and see if it works?

500w and 2560x1080 monitor

I don't pay for my eletrecity.

>Though I'd definitely say 1080p really isn't enough.
When you literally have never had 1080p, it definitely is enough. For years prior to my recent build, I had a fucking 1366x768. Now that I have a 1080p monitor, it feels absolutely incredible. It's all relative.

For PS3 emulation, Intel is clearly better than AMD, right?

Posted in last thread as it died lol. Sapphire nitro rx480 4gb for 150 leafbucks good deal?

P good. I have that GPU.

Just plug one in, try and boot it. Just leave it for at least 15 minutes. Let it cycle all it wants.

Eh if you don't pay for electricity then it's a price:performance question for the card itself. Google and see how the two compare for the games you play. Probably the 1050ti but I don't know if 15BRL is 10% more, 30% more, or what, since you were too stupid to give many details and I'm not going to go and look up what cards cost in your market.

lmao.
I've literally never had 1080p except using other computers.
I had 1024x768 like.. 25 years ago. Then I've had 1600x1200 and 1920x1200.

Both are fine.
On an 8 core Ryzen, you need to do some config editing to make RPCS3 run right because it for some reason doesn't detect configuration by default, but it otherwise works.

What the hell? That's an amazing deal, of course.

>Corsair Carbide Air 540
>Intel i7 8700k
>EVGA Z370 Classified K
>Corsair Vengance LPX 32 (4x8) DDR4 3600
>EVGA GTX 1080 (x2 SLI)
I'm going to be running a Thermaltake Liquid cooling system for the CPU and both GPUs
I had considered SLIing two 1080Tis and different RAM speeds, what do I need for this build to be more well balanced

Best heatsink for 40-45€?

Even if the card was used for mining for a year?? I figure it's still good value. Building a rig for my girl and never used an AMD card so I'm kind of blind here

For BCLK overclocks what exactly am I tweaking besides the actual BCLK? Is it strictly that and a high enough VCore like a regular OC? On ryzen 2600x if it matters.

The Mugen 5 Rev. B or the H5 Ultimate

Attached: 8320_32_scythe-mugen-5-rev-cpu-cooler-review.png (581x948, 102K)

Why the fuck are you using SLI?
Are you sure you researched this and the expected performance properly?

If it works, it works. Mining doesn't necessarily harm it more than any other use.

Setting PBO level, BCLK and voltage *offset*. That's it, as far as I'm aware.

idk euro prices. Mugen 5? Thermalright true spirit 140? H7 with an extra fan? Probably the later one.

If it was used for mining then you should check the fans, otherwise it should be okay.

>and voltage *offset*.
Assuming "Dynamic Offset" is the same thing on my Gigabyte board is it just a toggle?

H5 Universal*

>I had considered SLIing two 1080Tis and different RAM speeds, what do I need for this build to be more well balanced
Get a 1080ti or if you absolutely need the best wait for the 11 series. Multi-GPU support is pretty much dead. And even when it's not dead the scaling is ass.

Thx for the advice anons. Selleris letting me run some stress tests in his rig. Just couldn't pass up such a bargain price on a card that is ~30% better than a 1050ti (which is what I was looking at first)

>Let it cycle all it wants.
it's been 35 minutes, still looping. i have to sleep soon and i'm not planning on leaving it on all night. any ideas on what it could be if it's not a RAM issue?

SLI guy here
I haven't built a computer since Obama was president...the first time. I build my stuff to last which is what I'm trying to do again now. Every time I start lining up parts for a new build I procrastinate and wind up having to start over again

Oh wow, saved me some dosh because Windows was trying to jew another 150 euro's from me when I changed hardware. I don't know if it's fishy, might be, but I've never had problems with keys.

480 OC is a lot better than 30% over a 1050ti. More like +40-70% depending on the game.
1050Ti is mostly for if you need fastest that doesn't use a 6pin.

You tried with just one stick, right? Right a different stick. Try each slot as that can cause it to reset what it thinks is a working RAM timing.
You did put it in the motherboard manual recommended spot to have 1 stick in there to start with, right?

It's pretty unlikely that both sticks are broken. It does not sound like a motherboard problem.

It's a little fishy. They are legit keys. The fishiness comes in whether or not they're sold too many times to the point they get your license revoked.

ok what the fuck i'm retarded. the RAM wasn't properly bedded in the port. all is well now

>I had 1024x768 like.. 25 years ago.
The 3rd worlder poorfag experience is quite something, you should try it some day. It makes you appreciate the small things (e.g. a 1080p monitor) much more.

i put both Team dark pro sticks in (not properly as I know now) left it for like half an hour to loop with no results. Then I put both tridents in and somehow i guess it must have been the design of the connector cus they fit in perfectly and worked first time. then i put the dark pros back in making sure to push really fucking hard and they work fine now. it's at the "select boot device" screen

You should be able to set it to Dynamic offset mode then adjust the vcore offset up or down

What sort of screen are you using?
>I build my stuff to last which is what I'm trying to do again now
Best bet would be buy a single 1080ti and manage basically everything, and keep the cost difference of a second 1080ti in your bank account to upgrade a couple generations down the track when your Pascal GPU begins to lack in technological advancements.
While being a waitfag is generally dumb, it's also a shit time to overspend on redundant performance when a new generation of GPU is not far around the corner.

here's the meme machine boys:
pcpartpicker.com/list/fLh38Y
might throw in a gpu later down the road but I'm not much of a gamer. should I even bother with this or should I just get a prebuilt? trying not to spend more than $1,000 here in leafland

>you should try it some day
No thanks.

>unplug and replug everything
Was some of the initial advice.

Anyway there you go, your shit works assuming your SSD/HDD does.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/fLh38Y
$44 seems like a lot for a 1TB HDD, and don't pay so much for windows. You could use that money to upgrade to a 2400G instead. I mean at that point why even pay $115 for ssd+hdd when for $85 more you could just get a 1TB MX500 for $200? Or just get the 500GB and add a HDD later?
Looks ok otherwise.

Hello, don't really know what I'm doing please make suggestions!

pcpartpicker.com/list/YHYNyX

>Budget
I want to upgrade my current PC. Maybe around 400€
>Uses
Gaming and developing. Need to be compatible with Arch.
>Monitors
I have a BenQ GL2760 (1920x1080@60Hz)
And a second K202HQL (1366x768@60Hz)

I want basically update my CPU
>i5 4460 @ 3.20GHz

But like it's a prebuild PC, the motherboard is a shitty one MEDION H81H3-EM2 (SOCKET 0)

So I need to update my CPU, with my Motherboard, My RAM (yeah bc they are in DDR3), and my PSU (chinese shitty one).

I don't need to update my GPU (GeForce GTX 1050).

So I don't know if i should go for Ryzen or not. I search someone for help me :)

test

solid feedback dude, thanks.

Attached: 1515037389959.jpg (633x647, 76K)

You should be able to get 2600X+motherboard+RAM for only like 400 euro if you just need 8GB of RAM.
If you need more RAM, then you should be able to get an i5-8400+b360 board+16gb for 400 euro.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/YHYNyX
I'd spend 10 bux more for the ASRock x470 Master.
There should be cheaper RAM options when you're not getting B-die.
Why the fuck are you spending $100 on a SATA 250GB SSD?
Gigabyte GPUs are loud and hot. Get a better model.

Or here.
$20 more for twice the SSD capacity and a 144hz Freesync monitor included.

pcpartpicker.com/list/n6XRFt
You could replace board with X470 and an ATX case if you don't want to go through the potential hassle of updating BIOS, but still overall cheaper and more SSD.

Do you have a motherboard to recommend me?

Just gonna leave this here

Attached: gtx1080sli.jpg (500x3732, 482K)

Not dead set on screen yet; I'm interested in a multi-screen setup. I've also considered hooking it up to a 4k tv I have

Additionally, currently looking at Seagate and WD hard drives. How big is the actual effect of disc speed and cache size?

I'm thinking:
SSD - for OS
2.5" HDD - to backup OS
Fast HDD for games and programs
Slower very large HDD for storage

uno mas

Attached: witcher3_3840_2160.png (500x450, 24K)

Thanks cooler guy I'll take this into consideration, my current rig doesn't have an SSD so I wasn't aware of which one was right to pick. Thanks again.

idk your prices.

just do 3 builds
2600X+b350 board+16gb 3000-3200MHz of RAM, assuming you can go through updating the BIOS if the board doesn't come with BIOS already updated for Ryzen 2000 series.
2600X+x470 board+8gb of 3000-3200MHz RAM
i5-8400+b260+8gb of 2666 RAM
and figure out which is best for you and the best price.

So in half the games it doesn't work. Yeah.

When you're spending so much on storage, why would you not get a 2700X so you can use StoreMi?
OS on its own SSD.
Optane+slower SSD combined in StoreMi for games and programs.

Are you planning on 4k as well? I don't see the point in more than a single 1080Ti (or 1180 when it comes) otherwise.

3/9 = 1/2

pcbg math

Just go with the single 1080ti.
For storage at your price point I'd stick with the KISS theme sng gun for a single 500gb-1tb M.2 SSD with OS and what ever games and programs you might regularly be using at the time with a large HDD for general storage.
You could go with what industrial cooler guy above mentioned and go the Ryzen/StoreMi route, or Optane if you're set on Intel, but I'd be keeping actual drive count to a minimum if it were me, for cable neatness and having bare drive racks for future expansion.

I'm moving somewhere i have to use wifi and i need a wifi adapter for my already built PC. The place i'm moving to is an older house with mostly solid concrete construction and the router is about 50 feet away from my computer with 3 walls between the router and my computer.
Do you guys think a TP-Link Archer T6E AC1300 would be enough or should i just shell out the extra 10 for the T9E AC1900?

4k 144hz is around the corner, for a price. If you have the cash, 1080ti SLI can be utilized.

Attached: AVG.jpg (892x502, 86K)

>just around the corner
Same with the next GeForce generation. Again, no point investing that heavily in mostly pointless technology when it's about to be superceded.
If one was set on high refresh 4K it'd be worth seeing what the incoming Turing cards bring along with Ray Tracing.

Your own graph right there shows taht you're paying $800 more for not even a 7% increase in FPS.
Retarded.

more like a 48% increase in performance but nice try. read the graph again and show your math

I'll have to reevaluate my Hard Drive plan tomorrow

And I guess I'll have to come back and see who wins this argument too

Thanks for your help everyone

It's not just around the corner, it's here.

amazon.com/Acer-Predator-X27-bmiphzx-Monitor/dp/B07CWDBL39/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1530680921&sr=8-2&keywords=4k 144hz

$2000 for a 27" monitor with 4k, 144hz, g-sync HDR, quantum dot, etc etc. is it worth it? probably not. is it here, yes.

Decided to treat myself and build a PC mainly for gaming and video editing, and after a bit of lurking, came up with this
pcpartpicker.com/list/TLbhjy
What do you guys think?

Is Turning even going to be that great? Nvidia have no real competition, they can go as slow as they want. Not to mention availability is going to be shit thanks to miners.

>miners

you guys have short memories. gpu prices are back to pre-mining days thanks to the ASIC miners for ETH and the drop in price for BTC.

Attached: fuckthis.jpg (1714x674, 374K)

They're putting mining shit in the marketing. Some arsehole's going to buy them all.

Latest rumour has been the 1180 will have a similar CU count to the 1080ti, but with a lot more memory bandwidth and lower TDP, so not quite the massive jump from previous generations in processing power, but the memory speed and greater driver support will be worth it on its own, not to mention lower power and heat output benefiting multi GPU applications if that's what user really wants to do.

you can get a 2tb drive for $10 more and the 2400mhz is less than idea but you can always upgrade down the line. Everything else looks fine.

For what?

pcpartpicker.com/list/MGJnGG

Attached: meow1.jpg (453x604, 68K)

27 on 4K is way too fucking small. What the hell are they thinking?

I was considering a Seagate HDD, but people around here say it's unreliable, am I falling for a meme?

you're not. seagates genuinely have a shitty failure rate. wd and hgst are good. :3

So, basically get a cheaper SSD?

Okay, I did misread.
Twice as much for 45% more performance on average.

1180 will probably be a 1080Ti die shrink and maybe GDDR6. So slightly better performance than 1080Ti.
But the problem is that all rumors point to Nvidia charging a shit ton for it since people are stupid enough to pay that much for higher framerates even when they have a 60hz monitor that can't display them.
At minimum it'll be $650 or $700 MSRP. But it very well be $850. And there's even insiders who have said that it'll be "more expensive than the 1180Ti was at peak miner prices" so $1200+.

It's really not. That's what DPI scaling is for.

The 2017+ models aren't too bad at all.

yeah and get a 2tb hdd. also up your ram. 8gb isn't enough these days.

I see, thanks for the heads up

So with my budget, here's my specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-16GB DDR4
-1TB HDD and 120GB SSD
-GTX 1070

Is this good enough for VR gaming and video editing?

remember the 980ti. it turned out to be lower in performance compared to a gtx1070. that's probably the delay is that the 1080ti is so awesome and the new 1170/80/80ti will have to be incredible

>that's probably the delay is that the 1080ti is so awesome and the new 1170/80/80ti will have to be incredible
lmfao.
Yes I remember Maxwell. Pascal was largely just a die shrink and increased clocks. A much larger die shrink going from 28nm to 16nm than 16nm to 12nm is.
Apparently you're the one that doesn't "remember".

Where are you getting a deal on 1070 that makes it make more sense than a 1070Ti or Vega56?
>Is this good enough for VR gaming and video editing?
1060 6GB or RX580 with the 2700X would be perfectly good for VR and video editing.

Can anyone help me or do you niggers just know ram and youtube tier info?

You're an idiot

I only did one part so far because it was on sale but this marks the turning point. I took the plunge guys, this is officially happening. Other parts are still definitely subject to change.
pcpartpicker.com/list/bBWtWD
>ram is somewhat expensive but I used the bdie tracking tool to find this kit.
>GPU prices have been jumping around.
>storage solutions are subject to change as well.
>haven't really decided on the case because prices change a lot. I just want a consistent ATX case that comes with some good fans, dust filters, modern interfaces etc.

Attached: AHHHHHHHHHHH.png (916x261, 33K)

oh please, super intelligent posters of /pcbg/ tell me why i'm such an idiot.

28nm x 8 billion vs 16nm x 7.2 billion
GDDR5 vs GDDR5x
50% increase in the base clock

For the ti and Titan. How are they supposed to follow that up in such a short timeframe when everyone else is seemingly stuck at 12nm and 14nm?

So you think going from 16nm to 12nm is going to give another 50% increase in base clock from 1607MHz to 2411MHz, and that transistor count is going to increase 50% again from 12 billion to 18 billion?
Again, you're an idiot.

Nvidia isn't a charity. There's a reason why they're making 12nm dies and not 7nm. All reasonable rumors are that it'll be a 1080Ti die shrink, possibly with GDDR6. Even if the 1180 is just 10% more performance over the 1080Ti(so about 25-30% over a 1080 OC model), they can still get away with charging a lot like that because of all the idiots who have to have the best.

I'm saying that they're taking their time to release it because it's going to be really difficult to make a similar performance increase. And if the performance increase isn't similar, the consumer won't buy into it.

or well actually if you compare 1180 to 1080, you are getting a 50% transistor increase or so. But you're not getting 50% higher clocks.

That doesn't make sense. They're delaying it because the jump won't be big enough? So an even longer wait for less of a jump?
Maxwell->Pascal was Nvidia's largest jump in performance for the cost in a long ass time. Have to look back before Fermi to see a larger jump. Almost a 60% increase, though less if you compare to how much better Maxwell overclocked.

They're delaying it to sell all their Pascal stock to justify charging even more for the 1100 series.

You keep comparing a 28-16nm die shrink as though it's relevant to a 16-12nm shrink. What we know is the upcoming 11/2080 (although it's almost all but confirmed to be 1180) will have a similar CU count to the current 1080ti. What we also know is it'll have GDDR6 running a much faster bandwidth than the current 1080ti's GDDR5X. What we don't know is core clock speed, but you'd assume is it'd be a bump consistent with a 16-12 shrink. In other words, the Turing won't be quite as big a leap over Pascal as what the Maxwell-Pascal and even the Kepler-Maxwell jump was.
Prediction time; I wouldn't be surprised if an 1180ti was released 12 months down the track that matches the current Volta Titan V.

Which one should be better for gayming?
And what cpu should I get along with it?

Attached: 2018070408400140054~01.png (1080x1384, 541K)

The 1050Ti is too expensive compareably and the 3GB is too shitty because it's 3GB.
Do you not have a cheaper 1050Ti option or a 1060 6GB or RX580/570 that's close in price?

>And what cpu should I get along with it?
r3 2200G, i5-8400, or r5 2600X in that order of budget.

For 1080@60hz, definitely stretch to the GTX1060 if you can. In terms of CPU either an Intel i5 8400/B350 if funds are limited, or AMD R5 2600x/B350 if you can stretch that little bit more.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAA0S7125010

could i buy one of these and put in a new graphics card. 8700/16gb RAM/512gb SSD

hey guys please advise on what i should do.

current pc

cpu amd 8320
ram 8gb ddr3 1600mhz
hdd 500gb
gpu rx 480
monitor 144hz asus 23" tn panel

what video card would make it worth upgrading and should i move to ryzen or intel.

dont say just get the most expensive card cause thats just dumb. price doesnt just equal performance. i am Australian too which means we get fucked x2 the normal rate

There is a cheaper one made by zotaac or something never heard of em and seems to have lower base clock at 4000 L.E.
As for a different 1060 this is the cheapest one I could afford but prices spike alot here for different models.

Alright then would lower memory bite me in the ass in the future?

Thank you guys so much.

Is the i5 8400 good for emulation?
It's Base Frequency sets at 2.80 GHz
And emulation I think needs a lot of processing power.

shoving all of those into a cheap pre-built case that my parents have sitting around. should i go for 8gb instead? pcpartpicker.com/list/kXdbkd

you could save a couple hundred with better components

pcpartpicker.com/list/hjsp3b

Presuming it's a 1080p monitor, at least a 1060 6gb or an RX580 8gb. If you do go with Ryzen, a 1070 would be a good move for 144hz refresh.
>Alright then would lower memory bite me in the ass in the future?
It will be redundant sooner than the 6gb version, but I don't believe it'll be detrimental at least until a generation and a half of GeForce cards. By all means get a 6gb version if you can afford it for better future proofing, but it's not the end if the world settling for the 3gb version. At worse you'll be running medium settings. The 1050ti on the other hand I believe is over priced for what it is.
Something else to consider is the 3gb 1060 has about 10% less computing power to the 6gb version.

yeah good point. scratch that idea