>We want the edgy audience
Why do open source developers do this?
RIP GIMP

Attached: file.png (1242x768, 320K)

You mean a dark UI?
Its basically standard in real production software almost everywhere

well it should not be

Why user? Explain yourself.

It reduces eyestrain you dip, that’s why it’s standard across most 2D and 3D content creation applications.

Dark interfaces make it difficult to see UI elements, like edges and details on buttons. They wouldn't need to settle for flat monochrome symbols with a light theme.

Dark UI != Flat UI
You can have dark UIs that are not flat user, you're obviously too young to have used shit in the 90s/00s. Unfortunately though flat is in right now, for god knows what reason...

I think you mean:
Dark UI =/= Flat UI

!= == =/=

lurk more

for not equals, typically people use != for numbers and =/= when writing it out or not using numbers

No.

Are you like the floor tile user but you jerk off to ui elements?

Attached: funny_fishe.png (625x626, 81K)

ITT: People who can't into GTK themes. GIMPs interface can be whatever color-scheme you want it to be.

Attached: another-morons-thread.png (454x642, 54K)

Ahhh... much better!
RIP GIMP dog

Attached: file.png (1427x833, 1.24M)

Still shit.

> Dat fucking HUGE opacity slider

kirito is cute!

Nobody is using GIMP, edgy or not.

Everything looks like shit in GIMP. Trying to parse the clusterfuck of a UI with your eyes in impossible.

I don't usually buy into conspiracy theories, but Adobe paying off GIMP developers to keep it as an unusable pile of stinking trash is the only logical explanation on how it could still be this shit desopite being in developement for fucking decades.

There are literally Android apps programmed by pajeets that are better-looking and more capable than this bullshit. God damn.

>it's been 2 decades, but they're still haven't fixed fuckhuge empty space in dropdowns on both linux and windows versions
Gtk can suck my balls

>Calling others edgy
The irony

8 == D

Close. In js we use !==

It's for compatibility reasons. Many Linux DE don't support photoshop style UI so they have to compromise.

No.

>i dont like thing other people like so it shouldnt be allowed to exist

Don't be lazy cunt!

protip: the toolbox and Layers can be separated

so i see you're using xfce

Attached: mrdesktop.jpg (180x180, 9K)

r8 my workflow

Attached: 2018-07-04-093208_560x1046_scrot-or8.png (560x1046, 22K)

Dark theme is cleaner and easier on the eyes - light theme is for HEATHENS.

Attached: kE_r6LG6fs5wYZ5n6-OPXzxDn0qkQsPrQG33_otVENo.png (580x605, 401K)

You guys use the Tomorrow theme, r-right?

My man, hold up. GIMP is trash because it was being developed by freetards. A program for artists made by people who know absolutely fuck all about art. Who also refused to listen to feedback from actual artists because "what do these brainlets know about software".
It took GIMPers like 8 years to release next update. And guess what they did with all this feedback they received throughout the years. Added new filters? Implemented brush engine that isn't an absolute fucking abomination?
Fuck no, you get CPU and Ram monitor. Because this is what artists need.

Gimp is fucked but krita is feature lacking

I tried Krita and it's better (or at least on pair) with other free painting programs like FireAlpaca, MyPaint etc.
At least you can paint a fucking picture with Krita, with GIMP you can't do shit.

>At least you can paint a fucking picture with Krita, with GIMP you can't do shit.
They LITERALLY have the same brush tools.

>They LITERALLY have the same brush tools.
You're LITERALLY retarded.

>for god knows what reason...
you didn't get the memo?
it because of "muh minimalism"
some faggots can't have flat UI so they use some tiled WM for their screenshots.
functionality > minimalism

One's an image manipulation tool (like ps) and the other's a paint program.
Comparing the two is pointless. Apples and Oranges. Only a retard would srsly try to.

Like how you did...

Ok retard, seems you missed that fuckhuge dropdown menu called filters in Krita.

Anyway, keep "image manipulation tooling" with your GIMP resource monitors. What a fucking brainlet.

The fuck does a UI being flat have anything to do with functionality? It just looks flat.
Are you pretending to be retarded?

Retards. != is a relational operator, not an assertion of inequality.

>not just using the based paint.net

The real question is why they haven't made single-window mode the default.

Attached: ea0e4f729a46422a10d29d0d0791c5b8.jpg (1392x2000, 2.41M)

Its because dragging the upper side of the slider move it relatively, and dragging the lower side move it absolutely

>They LITERALLY have the same brush tools.
Actually, GIMP user Superior mypaint brushes now.

You seem quite worked up about this. And quite convinced that you like krita and dislike gimp - gud for you.

I use both. I also use ps and inkscape. I don't really see what there is to achieve by pointlessly arguing with strangers on 4chinz about muh preferences tho.

You're a cunt. Cunt.

Attached: 236746352_5b2de679fa_o.jpg (1474x2211, 160K)

No I use PS retard. Just pointing you're incredibly fucking stupid.

Wow. You really are invested in this.

Just a hint - life is too short to spend getting angry with strangers on the net.

That sense of superiority you think you feel is more likely ennui and frustration at your own life and shortcomings. You won't find a panacea for it here by trying to belittle me.

Attached: 14472718038_edf0d41c8e_k.jpg (1638x2048, 1014K)

Ok retard.

>a program for artists

Attached: WRONG.jpg (300x300, 50K)

>Dark UI
>Standard
But why? That shit makes my eyes bleed so hard

Attached: 1530704543297.jpg (750x750, 147K)

My wife Ryuuko is so cute!

Enjoy

The answer is because dark themes provide a better background for anything color-sensitive.
It's also less shitty for your eyes for coding and stuff.