/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find more detailed videos on YouTube)
youtube.com/watch?v=9M2-UIwWguw
>How to install Win7 on new CPUs
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses - e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g. photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

Overclocking
>Use PBO on Ryzen. Legacy overclocking is defunct on Ryzen 2#00X CPUs. youtube.com/watch?v=FC3fsVk9Sss

CPUs
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming (dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-8700K - Best for 1080p gaming, but most expensive when factoring in delid, high-end cooler, etc.
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming/mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

Motherboards
>Only Z300 series boards can utilize fast memory with Intel

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this much
>Current CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>GPU prices have gone down
1080p
>RX 580 or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050Ti or RX560 for lower settings 1080p, or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
1440p
>Vega 56 or Vega 64 /w Freesync; 1070Ti if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
2160p(4K)
>Titan V

Storage
>Consider StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Monitors
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>Lock to 72fps on 144hz non-Gsync monitors with Nvidia cards to prevent tearing on more demanding games
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous:

Attached: 1.jpg (1280x1024, 248K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rentry.co/pcbg-FAQ
pcpartpicker.com/list/Grmn29
pcpartpicker.com/list/szDJkd
pcpartpicker.com/list/XmtQRJ
pcpartpicker.com/product/Tc3RsY/seasonic-power-supply-ss620gm2
youtube.com/watch?v=H0L3OTZ13Os
youtu.be/SAwh9NHw75E?t=10m20s
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814126232&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131734&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=
pcpartpicker.com/list/NvprcY
youtube.com/watch?v=nLq7mAisRRw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So if I understand this correctly there is still the con of an M.2 hogging the functionality of 2 ports.

This is what ASRock says for my mobo.

> *M2_1, SATA3_0 and SATA3_1 share lanes. If either one of them is in use, the others will be disabled.
> M2_2, SATA3_4 and SATA3_5 share lanes. If either one of them is in use, the others will be disabled.

So if I just go with SATA then I don't lose another SATA connection for simply using one of them, unlike with an M.2 ?

Need recs for large-ish 4k screens

>4sKin

if your mobo doesn't have at least 4 sata ports you have an issue.

I did it... All that's left is the GPU anons. I'm finally going to have a new computer. I'm fucking shaking.

Attached: DONE_IN.png (1116x928, 106K)

>shitty Z370 boards

>$240 for 860 Evo when MX500 is the same thing for 20% less
GL on the GPU.
I saw Vega56 Strix for only $490 yesterday.

I drank the samsung juice and decided it was worth $20.

I need a new HDD, maybe 2.

What should I get?
Anything I need to consider?

Attached: 1459023888717-1.jpg (800x600, 307K)

hitachi hgst is good. wd is good.
4tb hgst is like $80 on amazon rn refurb.
2tb wd blue is like 50 or so.

If I am a basic user wanting a basic 1080p 75hz gaming machine do i need a H370 mobo? Or is a h310 going to be sweet?

WIll have a 8400, 8gb and a 1060

Should I get a used 970 or a new 1050ti?
What cpu should I get along with it?

I just got a new gigabyte z97x gaming 5 with a 4690k and it just boot loops with no video out, does it need an older cpu like a 3570k to run and update the bios to support the 4690k? this motherboard should be functional, it was an rma because the original had a boot loop issue that wouldn’t go away

>Gigabyte mobos

What's a decent build for my kids' homework needs, that can run YouTube at 480 without being choppy and incoherent? I'll need a strong wifi signal as well.

I can get an Asus Cerbrus 1070ti for pretty cheap.

Will only having 2 fans make it hotter than its 3 fan brothers? I live in a place that gets super hot in the summer and don't like running the A/C all day.

Attached: 14-126-231-Z01.jpg (640x480, 35K)

I wanted a larger hard drive so I ordered a 4TB HGST NAS drive but it's pretty damn loud. Should I return it or just deal with it? D:

If you want something that simple your mobo unironically doesnt matter

sweet ty

Look into insulation

h370, h310, b360 shit is so confusing to have 3 low end shit board chipsets that I don't even know.
Doesn't really matter when you're just going to have a GPU and two storage drives plugged in.

Don't think they were nearly that bad back then.
afaik z97 supported 4690k out of the box. Or was it just the 4670 ones nad shit?

Those are pretty loud. Why not just get the Vega 56 Strix when it's only $490? Pretty much the best GPU you can get under $550 right now, even if it's a little more than the shit model of 1070ti.
If you don't already have a Gsync monitor, I don't understand why you'd be considering anything else.

Used 970 if it's a decent model.
Put it with a 2200G, 2400G(or wait for 2500X), i5-8400, or 2600X depending on which you can afford.

could bad ram be the cause of the boot loop? the ram it came with doesn’t work in my other machine which definitely supports it
it’s 2x8GB g.skill ripjaws x 2133mhz

I didn’t try my old ram in the new machine, just a bit paranoid

Try your working RAM in the one that boot loops, assuming both are ddr3.

how is a vega 56 better than a 1070ti

Overclocks better, plus all the other advantages AMD has over Nvidia, as listed on rentry.co/pcbg-FAQ
The better overclocking and Freesync support ones should at least be common knowledge.

Shut up, AMD.

Is gainward 1070 ti good or nah

I've been scarred by the loud fans of my Gigabyte 970. Is there a consensus on who makes the best Nvidia (and AMD) cards? Zotac, ASUS, etc. Good fans are nice.

Attached: small.png (798x599, 684K)

Strix is the quietest that I'm aware of. Dual fan EVGA is pretty good. Dunno about the euro brands.
Zotac is hit or miss. Bad coil whine on some of them. They're basically an inferior Sapphire, owned by the same parent company.

I see. I'd probably put my money on EVGA since they tend to make excellent PSUs consistently.

>mobo just barely can't align with the stand offs
I'm 90% sure it's because of the i/o shield, god I hate those things

I'm a fuckign brainlet and have been coasting on my 2011 toaster. I mostly play not too demanding games like Path of Exile, Dota or CRPG's, but even those are starting to freak my fans out at minimal specs

I've got around 1.5k Canadian maplebucks to spend, maybe a bit more if needed, whit the peripherals mouse keyboard monitor already handled.

Please advice, thank you

Both my mother board and graphics card are black and red, will it look bad in a green case?
I didn't want this edge color scheme but muh value.

Even a 2200G/2400G plays that stuff. Just make sure you have an SSD for PoE.
So you could make a build for close to half your budget, unless you want something overkill, maxed settings, potential upgrade to 1440p in the future, etc. Just give it a shot in pcpp.

>saw Vega56 Strix for only $490 yesterday.
I think I'd rather get a 1070ti to be honest but that's just because I'm not confident in games every being good with AMD from a software side even if I'm getting jew'd by g-sync. Unless I see some pretty substantial stuff to convince me otherwise within the next few weeks while I'm saving up for my GPU. I'm not buying a used GPU for sure though and I'm also want something above a 1070 in performance. So basically that leaves
>VEGA 56
Best value if you factor in freesync but the drivers and support from games are going to be spotty, more unacceptable to nvidia's jewish tricks.
>1070ti
Best value if you don't factor in freesync.
>1080
I think the 1070ti is the better buy right now unless prices drop back down on the 1080, its like %40 too high I think for what I want.
>VEGA64
Retardedly expensive.
>1080ti
Retardedly expensive.

Like with intel at least you're only getting jew'd when you pay for the CPU, you still know roughly how well it's going to perform and ryzen cpu's seem pretty consistent also. The comprises between multithreaded vs singlethreaded performance are out there in the open. With AMD GPU's however there could be a game you want to play that gets released that ends up having a 20% fps drop on AMD cards just because Nvidia worked with the game company to actively sabotage AMD. I just don't want to deal with that on my first custom computer. I'm not willing to pick a fight with something I'm really counting on to cover me for a while. I'd rather just get jew'd and use the jewish supported product to be quite honest.

Attached: Noot_noot.png (466x463, 278K)

What games are "spotty" on Vega56? GTAV and Frostpunk(lol) are two of the view that I can think of that vastly favor Nvidia GPUs.

You act like games are going to not run or be worse quality with AMD, which I can never think of ever being a problem. On the other hand, there's been cases of Nvidia reducing quality in their driver to make games run faster. What gave you the impression that that's a thing?

But yes, 1070Ti is a better buy than 1080 unless the 1080 is basically the same cost.

Look up witcher 3 hairworks and Bethesda's Bloom Lighting on Fallout 4 I think. Granted both of those usually were turned off for benchmarks whenever people clocked them but they significantly impacted performance. The hairworks thing is actual just blatant Nvidia sabotage.

I'd rather err on the side of having some extras.

Something like a 1060 would be enough, yes?

So disable hairworks. Lmao. Aren't there mods that give better hair, anyway?

None of that Nvidia Gameworks shit is better looking than non-Gimpworks open alternatives. It's just anti-competitive trash. The alternatives look and run better both on AMD and Nvidia cards.

Really overkill I think unless you're wanting 1440p. But in that case you should get an RX580 for the Freesync monitor options, since you can get a 1440p 75Hz Freesync IPS for under half the cost of Gsync monitors.
Obviously you'd be buying monitor later, since a 1060/rx580 is going to blow your budget.

If 1050Tis are cheap for you, that's probably a good option. Like 2600X+1050Ti and use your high budget to just get a big SSD and shit. Or use StoreMi.

>So disable hairworks. Lmao.
You're missing the entire point user. The fact that cases have existed in the past gives evidence that there could be future problems. What if in the elder scrolls 6 Nvidia works with bethesda to do some sort of distant terrain tech that only works on Nvidia cards and AMD cards are stuck playing with shitty view distance simply because of that tech even if the cards are technically similar in performance. CPU's need to integrate with a standardized operating system so on the software side its much more difficult to favor one cpu over the other because the game basically has to perform agnostic to the CPU type. GPU's are different however and games can actually literally rig shit and as far as the laws are confirmed I think that's still technically fair game.

Bottom line is I'm paranoid and I don't feel comfortable using AMD GPU's when they have such a small market share.

I've seen a premade with i7-8700 Intel/DD 1 To/SSD 256 Go/RAM 16 Go/GeForce GTX 1070 NVIDIA for 1 400, is that a scam ? Today,s the last day

>The fact that cases have existed in the past gives evidence that there could be future problems.
... You mean like how Nvidia gimped color accuracy, antialaising, and so on?

How do you only know one (stupid, anti-competitive) side of this? By your argument, no one should buy Nvidia GPUs since they've had far worse problems on this matters. Problems Nvidia created themself instead of anti-competitive ones forced on them.
They STILL don't support dithering. Why would you buy an Nvidia card if getting the best graphics quality is an issue for you?

That's shit and you can make a custom build for cheaper. Why would it be a scam?
There was a 2700X+1070 with 256gb SSD for $1060 last week.

Is that actually true? If AMD actually has a better history of having longer lasting and better performing GPU's I can get a Vega 56 instead. I don't really want "THE BEST" otherwise I'd overspend on memeshit like a 1080ti and a delidded 8600k, a 970 pro and whatever else you could waste money on. I just want a good value and reliable card that I can use for a long time. I've heard saphire and powercolor cards are good I think but I'm not 100% sure on that. I'm not trying to shill, I'm just genuinely looking for advice.

8700k* fuck.

pcpartpicker.com/list/Grmn29
Pretty excited because in a week I'll finally be able to order it. If I don't make any last minute changes, this should be my new PC

Looks overpriced

First time ever building a pc, took me forever to settle on this.

pcpartpicker.com/list/szDJkd
How badly did I fuck up

I don't think I can do much about that considering every single PC part is way over the msrp ever since Bitcoin mining fucked up the prices. So nothing much I can do. I've already waited this long to get a PC, I'm just going to get it now (I know I should wait until December but I'm just tired of waiting)

could this run 1080p60hz on mid to high settings?
pcpartpicker.com/list/XmtQRJ

If all you need is a PC, (no accessories like Monitor, Mouse, ect) then it should be good. I'm guessing you either forgot or you already have storage. Also if you do have the money, try getting a DDR4-3200. If you don't, that's fine. Also recommend getting a 600W power supply, like this one
pcpartpicker.com/product/Tc3RsY/seasonic-power-supply-ss620gm2
Cheaper and should handle your pc

Im pretty sure you could make some changes and squeeze in a 1070 ti for 1100

you can save a few dollars with a lesser PSU, looks good.

If you know how, then I'll gladly look into it

Do pc part get reduced on prime day generally? Worth waiting to the 16th to make a decision or it's not gonna happen

Only get it if you have a 4k 144hz monitor.

As you said, AMD GPUs have typically lasted longer.

And yes it's true. Look at Nvidia's history of degrading image quality for higher FPS in benchmarks.
And they "invent" garbage like FXAA which makes the whole screen blurry and force it on developers since their cards don't have the compute to handle good AA.

youtube.com/watch?v=H0L3OTZ13Os isn't the best source, but it does go over it.
AMD has had settings to degrade image quality for better performance, like their optimized tesselation profiles, but they're settings. Nvidia in the past has had quality-degrading performance hacks forced on.

As for lack of dithering support, that's a bit different.
For AMD, they support it and it's enabled by default.
On Nvidia, it's not that they force it off if content already dithers, but they don't support injecting dithering. It makes those $2000 local dimming Gsync monitors useless since you get collar banding in a lot of content which looks like absolute shit.

Also, Nvidia has really been losing it's stranglehold with Gimpworks.
The past year of releases have, for the most part, heavily favored Vega over Pascal.
BFV is an Nvidia sponsored title, but Dice won't put Gimpworks shit in their game that looks and runs worse than their own graphics programming.
There's too many good open resources to use Gimpworks that a developer has to be blatantly evil to use it like Square Enix, which is one of the few recent examples I can think of and it was just horribly optimized on all hardware.
Hilariously, the Minimum specs for BFV are also a GTX 1050 (a 2 year old GPU) or a 7850 (a 7 year old GPU).

>pcpartpicker.com/list/szDJkd
That's actually a solid build, except for the oversized PSU and god that disgusting case.

It's fine. Price is mostly what I'd expect.

Prime Day sales are generally shit and fake.

as expected from that jew bezos.

>not removing i7 from the cpu list

Attached: shintel.png (868x756, 265K)

>intentionally enabling retarded tessellation effects
youtu.be/SAwh9NHw75E?t=10m20s
On the note of Graphics Cards standing the test of time, Perfect example is Kepler vs Tahiti

Yeah, I already have ssd+hdd and other things and I found a good monitor but the site didn't have it listed.
When I did calcs it said my wattage was like 468 and the guide said you should go a could hundred over.
Everyone's talking about it though, should I step it down to 600 or 650 even with that calc?
If I do go down on PSU I can go up to 3200.

>god that disgusting case
Fuck you I like it

Thanks for the info and for some reason I never thought about it like that. For the most part game companies, especially the devs, are run by people that want to make games and want to make fun games. I guess I do believe that a game developer wouldn't openly try and fuck over their own game and their playerbase that wants to play their game just to do what essentially amounts to evil shit for Nvidia. Certainly any dev that actually is making games I want to play wouldn't do that and I don't really play open cashgrab games anyways.

So is Vega 56 supposed to be a 1070 equivalent and Vega 64 is the 1070ti and 1080 competition? I guess I'll be saving up for the Vega 64 even if it is expensive right now because Vega 56 just seems like it could be shitty in a few years.
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814126232&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131734&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

First time getting an SSD, anything i should know/avoid? 256 GB enough for operating system and a few games like PoE ?

The one I posted was a 620W which should be enough for your pc anyways and could save you 20$. Also in my opinion, if you do have the money, you could try and go for 3200, but only if your budget allows it. Do not try to spend more than you can afford, trust me on that one.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/XmtQRJ
Like I just mentioned, the min requirements for BFV are hilarious.
2 year old Pascal GPU is minimum for Nvidia cards, 7 year old card for AMD.
I'd assume a 960 or 770 will still work okay, but it's still fucking hilarious.

That said, I think Pascal is going to last MUCH better than Fermi and Kepler did. Just Vega slightly better still.

>So is Vega 56 supposed to be a 1070 equivalent and Vega 64 is the 1070ti and 1080 competition
Tom's Hardware latest test (using more recent games) put Vega64 10% ahead of 1080 and 16% behind 1080Ti. But that's AIB model vs stock. So more like +5% and -20%.

But I don't recommend the 64 for gaming because, like Gamer's Nexus tests show, clock-for-clock Vega 56 and 64 have identical performance in almost all games because almost no games can utilize the silly amount of compute it has. 64 is only worth getting for OpenCL, where it outperforms the 1080Ti.
All these gains of Vega64 over 56 in games here are simply to do with the 64 having higher core and memory clocks.

56 are sometimes between 1070 and 1070Ti, other times beter than a 1080 when overclocked, it depends on the quality of luck and the model.
But that Strix one is really good, and it's only $490 for 1080 performance with a little tweaking.

>I guess I'll be saving up for the Vega 64 even if it is expensive right now because Vega 56 just seems like it could be shitty in a few years.
56 has higher compute performance matching the 1080Ti as it is. It's not going to be shitty in a few years. It has the same 64 ROPs as the 64.
64 just uses more power and gets worse perf/watt in games. I don't recommend it.

I would get at least 500gb unless you're using StoreMi which has a 256gb max without paying an additional license fee.
Just looks at others builds that are well received.

Attached: wine = fine.png (1845x1371, 746K)

bought a new r7 2700x and a x470 board but the damn thing wont start.

smallest possible setup:
>confirmed working psu bequiet straight power 10 500w
>aforementioned board and cpu
>connected plugs:
atxpwr1 -> 24p plug
cpupwr1 -> 2x4p plug
cpufan1 -> cpu fan plug
jfp1 (6,8) -> case power switch
jaud1 -> case beeper

>What happens on launch?
nothing! no signs of life.
>cpufan doesn't spool up
>no POST-acoustics
>no rgbs lighting up

does that mean the cpu is ded or the board is ded?

Attached: IMG_20180705_113502.jpg (3120x4160, 3.43M)

Why'd you take a picture of it not plugged in?

Also you need at least 1 DIMM in to post.

>does that mean the cpu is ded or the board is ded?
LEDs on motherboard should still turn on without a CPU present at all, IIRC.

either you don't plug the shit deep enough or you forgot to add fucking ram. Also instead of hooking up a button short the pins with a screwdriver - maybe your button is a nigger. Also dont forget that 2700x doesnt have onboard video

I just got a Vega 56 Red Dragon, why are you recommending the strix?

Him Im the dude from yesterday wirh micro stutterimg in games with 1080 ti and 2600x, got my new ram kit, same lpx vengeance at 3200mhz, can confirm with 16gigs all that shit is gone, everything runs smooth as fuck now

Thank you for your help in selecting a GPU. I'll keep your suggestions close to heart and if that's the type of performance I can get from the strix 56 (assuming I fair decently in the silicon lottery) then I'll definitely get it over a 1070ti. A part of my autism would definitely find a calm ambiance in having a full AMD build too, even if I think its silly to favor brand loyalty over product. I also definitely want to side with the tech that supports things like Vulcan and better lower level API's since I think that large game engines that have better hardware focus are going to become more popular in the future over using a high level API like direct X and then relying on the GPU driver developers to pump out driver updates for specific game releases.

I have one final set of questions though. When I've purchased the GPU that will be the final component of my build. Should I order anything with the GPU that I might need for the build? I've seen shit like anti-static mats, magnetic screwdrivers, magnetic bowls, zip ties, and 3rd party thermal paste shilled on tech channels for build guides. I'm wondering if I actually need any of that stuff. I've never built a PC before and my experience is basically just lurking this thread for a long time and watching youtube videos in prep for this build (I've been waiting for about 4 years or so). I've read here that aftermarket thermal paste is more of a thing you get if you're starting to have thermal problems with the stock paste and that the stock paste should be fine for a bit and that the same principle applies to getting extra case fans. The only things I have on hand are a screw driver set, canned air, and clean unopened microfiber cloths.

Because the Strix dropped in price to $490. It was $530 last week.
Did you get Samsung or Hynix on your Red Dragon?

Again, I doubt just having 8GB was making you stutter unless you were actually using page file. I think something was faulty with your timings and you were getting seek misses or something like that.
You should really test the old kit and RMA it if it's faulty before warranty expires.

But yeah, that's nice to hear anyway.

You should get roughly identical performance on average to a good 1070Ti overclock with a Vega 56 overclcok, regardless of lottery.
The big lottery is on whether you get Samsung or Hynix HBM. The Samsung can be good for like 6-8% more performance which is a retarded difference, and gets you more like a decent factory OC model 1080 performance.
At a minimum you still get good performance, at least once you undervolt, it's just a lottery for *even more* performance.

I wish they'd just fucking sell the Vega56 with guaranteed Samsung HBM as certain models instead of it being luck which you get when you buy a 56.

Samsung, $500 on newegg

button is confirmed whiter than a polish church choir; works fine on my i5 setup i just now built back to.

Pretty sure i've POSTed without ram before. you'll get an error and a reboot, but you get a reaction and that's all i'm seeking right now.

Oh, nice. You're lucky then. Have you been able to flash it to increase HBM voltage or have you tried overclocking the memory at all?

Might vary by board. Put a stick in where your motherboard manual says a single stick goes. Just do it.

>You should test old kit and rma it
Im actually gone give it a go after work, memtest looked ok. Im gonna just use new kit and see how it does, if there are no stutters then im not gonna waste time and exchange it, still have warranty.

I just do the undervolt idk if I can find a Vega 64 bios that matches red dragon. Right now it is 1600clock and 900 mem. Doesn't ever go above 65c.

pcpartpicker.com/list/NvprcY
This should be good for a while right m8s

>8700k

No. Your socket is dead as soon as you buy it. Not a good investment.

just get 2700x and also 1080 is not in op for a good reason, get either 2070 ti or go all out for 1080 ti

>spends 1.5k+ for a build
>he wont have 100 bucks in 3 years for a new mobo

HBM overclocks gives good gains.
10% higher memory clock(so to 990) should get you and extra 6-7% fps. But you might need more HBM voltage to reach that.
1600 core is a bit high and you could get better results slightly lower at lower voltage. But if you're not throttling, well, ignore that.

And yeah, I hear it's was hard to find BIOS that work on the nano PCB cards. I'm pretty sure liquid BIOS does not. But there should be something that does work.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/NvprcY
What are you doing that makes use of NVMeme? I'm guessing nothing and you just don't know what you're doing.
When you're spending that much, you should be getting B-die RAM.
That's MSI Armor is shitty ass model of card. Get a better model of 1070Ti instead (or Vega56 if you don't already have Gsync, obviously).
That motherboard is only 4 phase VRM. Is not going to OC an 8700k well. Again...

Pretty bad build.

Thanks, but still no success.
I just nigger-rigged this real quick.
I already put in a ticket at MSI, waiting to See what they make of this.

I'm pretty sure i put in the CPU correctly, but i guess i'll check again aswell.

Attached: IMG_20180705_123438.jpg (3120x4160, 2.76M)

I'd still try using screwdriver to short the power pins instead of the switch, even if you're positive the switch works.

But it didn't even try to power cycle at all with the DIMM in there?

It'd also probably help to have a GPU plugged in. But it should still try and power cycle without it, just not output video.

I gotta say, I'm starting to hate tool-less designed anything
like this shit youtube.com/watch?v=nLq7mAisRRw

what a pain in the ass to install, plus they're non-reusable

Should l get the 1070ti even if it's the same price?

If 1080 is the same price, then 1080 is better. But they're so close in performance (with the 1070Ti even being faster in some cases where lower memory latency is favored over bandwidth) that you shouldn't pay a remotely significant amount more for the 1080.

Some tool-less shit is good. I've had some nice hdd cage things where they just had plastic notches that go in the screw holes and then they snap into place of the drive bays.

Also those fan mount grommets like that also help reduce noise. They are generally good.

How much is 1080 ti? Drop that cpu and go for 2700x, might cover difference

The 1080ti is over 200€ more so its out of My budget.

are you aiming for 1080p?

I initially tried the full setup aswell with a GPU, SSD and RAM. Absolutely nothing seems to get this board to show any signs of life.

Screwdriver and a paperclip (Hand is isolated) also without success.

Meabwhile i noticed that the 24p plug is missing one pin jacket and cable leading to it. Top row, 5th from the right. Not an issue with my current i5-6500, but could be with the r7

Attached: IMG_20180705_125939.jpg (3120x4160, 1.35M)

At 144hz yes.

its supposed to be empty

>1080ti is 200€ more
>2700X and not uselessly spending 50 euro more on a useless NVMe is almost 200€ cheaper
really fires the fuck out of those nuerons

you should be ok then i guess, 8700k will be bottleneck for 1080p thoufh, I think

OK thank you for trying to help me.
Maybe i just caught a Bad Apple and then i can just have it exchanged by the dealer.
I'll wait for MSI 's thoughts then.

What brands should I be looking for when buying an SFX PSU? Are PCpartpicker scores a good rating?

Attached: Sfx_psu (2).jpg (1000x1000, 217K)

wat? 8700k will not bottleneck a 1080 at 1080p.
Even an i5-8400 or OC 2400G hardly bottleneck the 1080 at 1080p at all, if at all most of the time.

>Are PCpartpicker scores a good rating?
Nope. Mostly just fanboyism.
Newegg and Amazon ratings show reliablity at least.
Need to look at someone like johnnyguru for PSU reviews or anandtech comparisons.

Yep, just bad luck or damaged in shipping. It happens.
Back when I used to build PCs, it seems like there was a 20% chance for DoA parts.

my main problem with tool-less stuff is that apart from obvious shit like thumb screws the instructions are usually pretty poor and the quality of the stuff is sometimes questionable

do b450 makes 2200G performance better or nah?