Are these Eye Care monitors worth the money or a meme...

Are these Eye Care monitors worth the money or a meme? I'm an accuckountant and stare at a shitty HP monitor 8 hours a day, fuzzy vision and headaches are starting to get out of hand.

Attached: 1503050869.jpg (800x800, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yEYyAZP9I70
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I literally just bought this today

Just use dark theme for everything and lower brightness and you shouldn't ever have a problem with monitor eye problems.

Can't you just use Flux or something? Unless work is paying for it in that case buy it.

monitors won't make you blind. don't be a retarded consumer

maybe have your eyes tested for glasses first. getting tired quickly or headaches multiple times a week could be linked to this.

Good shit, my Benq BL3201PT's got it and I always have it on.

I personally use gamma Ray optics m04 blue light blocking glasses, they are like 10 to 15 bucks and aren't "gamer" attire. They stopped my eye burn and headaches along with the blurry vision. I do use them all day until I go to sleep since I have really fucking gay blue eyes that hurt whenever I walk into a building with florescent lights.

How do you like it? Is it easier on the eyes than other monitors?

I already use f.lux and lowered brightness, I think it's the monitor itseld that's shit

This.
I use Gunnar glasses (VERY NERDY, yellow tint) and it has been incredible for at-home staring at monitors for 12+ hours a day.
Spektrum and Gamma Ray glasses are other options. Unless you have an unusually large (unfortunately, I do) it should be easy for you to find a pair that look normal.

I think those eye care monitors just have a mode that reduced blue light. I use professional CAD IPS monitors at work that have this option, I never use it as I'd prefer the sRGB colour accuracy.

>Not just buying amber tinted safety glasses for 10 bucks.

Good goy

I can tell you few things

Benq cheap TN panels are the best cheap TN panels. That might be unrelated, but I was buying monitors for office with cheap CEOs and going with phillips, AOC, acer,... and they were all the same shit with terrible contrast.

So I am quite open to Benq

Now, I was choosing better monitor for 70 years old accountant, I was recommending three monitors but pushing him towards 27" though he wanted to go around 24"
>BenQ EW2775ZH
>27" 1920x1080, VA panel, speakers, automatic brightness adjustment, no pivot or height adjustment

because he wanted easily readable and was on really shitty, so FHD on 27" would not be much of an issue, that he would be dissatistfied because its not all crisp perfect..

but he went rather for samsung with glossy screen and suppose good quality speaker in the stand (it was not, it was cracking on higher volumes) so he could watch maybe movies on it (he fucking has like 100" tv in the living room)

anyway, I watched this video about that benq, and one thing I loved being seen there was that there was no flickering on the recording when compared to the monitor next to it
youtube.com/watch?v=yEYyAZP9I70

I think eyecare might be meme, and you might just set it up to some specific brightness or tone or blue light, but who knows, I think it will be decent. Just be sure you buy from a place you can return shit in first week.

>these people got goy'd do not listen to them.

I have expensive gunnars all the way down to the highly reviewed but cheap ones and all are good. you will never go back to looking at a monitor without a pair.

Venq owns a patent on a certain blue light reduction technique so they do have actual good reduction

Blue eyes master race reporting in!
just use blue light filters like redshift/flux. Some asus monitors have image settings specifically for this, it really helps too. Also glasses, without glasses I can't stand an hour in front of the monitor

Maybe your just getting old, boomer.

No benq has displays with sensors like on mobiles and auto adjusts brightness or even contrast. It's nice to have, but it only works with specific profiles and strangely enough not with a user defined profile.

no love for green eyeshades? where my old school nerds at?

Attached: ABC10C29-5B5F-4AD6-BE46-776A280DB0F2.jpg (250x181, 22K)

>Master race
>Literally a recessive mutation that has evolutionary disadvantage
Lmao white people extinct in 2050

I'm 26 years old.

flux doesn't fix flicker

everything lcd based is a meme

Le 26 year old boomer thinks he's not a boomer

then get a monitor that doesn't have PWM flicker. stop being obsessed with arbitrary marketing buzzwords.

what is best monitor?

Mine literally arrived today. Got the 1080p HDR one for 177 Eurobucks. I tested it only for half an hour but I can already say, I am not disappointed. The eye care feature is the main reason I went for it. Yellow meme glasses aren't an option because I have real glasses and my nose isn't big enough for two pairs of glasses.

The first impression was great. Especially because my previous monitor was a TN panel Samsung from 2010. Colours are accurate from the box. I chose the standard mode and turned contrast to 55, sharpness to 7 and gamma to 5 for my personal preferences. The standard mode is compatible with all the eye care features that can be activated/deactivated with a dedicated button. The HDR isn't real HDR but this version has 400 cdm2 max brightness compared to the 300 of the slightly cheaper version. The stand and frame are sleek and solid, in contrast to many other monitors. The resolution could be the only downside for some people. I have a big desk, the monitor is about one meter away from my eyes. From that distance it is crisp and I can't see any pixels. From half the distance you start noticing the resolution.

I will see the black levels later at night and will also try to overclock it to 75Hz. I hope there is no horrendous backlight glow/bleed and the overclock will work, then it would be the perfect monitor for the pricepoint.

Attached: smile.jpg (626x667, 69K)

The old Samsung isn't of course my only reference. I had an IPS 1440p Korea Monitor for a period. The colours and sharpness were great but you couldn't adjust the brightness... Also the stand and frame were of the cheapest plastic you could imagine. But at the time the price was just to much for a bargain and I tried my luck. After a couple of weeks I went back to the Samsung because of eye pain and headaches from the sun like brightness at night.

Also, I have a 65 inch 4k VA panel TV, but I don't think it makes sense to compare it to monitors, except for the colours. And the BenQ holds up very good in that category.

ITT:
Very, VERY good goyims

> buying a cheap monitor after many years
> being a good goy

A good goy buys a new Monitor, TV, Smartphone, MacBook etc. every 1-2 years. In comparison ITT are the shittiest goyims ever.

Attached: IMG_20180107_205602.jpg (640x861, 68K)

Yes, it works. Just make sure it doesn't have glare -- meaning, no touch screen

Try moving the monitor farther away from your face.

eye care is just no flicker led backlight.