Attached: ps2-v-usb.jpg (200x193, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eEswl6kZq5k?t=8m20s
youtube.com/watch?v=eEswl6kZq5k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

either is ok. mostly just depends on what keyboard you want to use

ps/2 for keyboards, usb for mice

The debate is irrelevant.

Attached: 15210482833_59a103eda8_o[1].jpg (500x391, 59K)

Only idiots use usb.

>mouse and keyboard have different PS/2 pin outs
>you cant use the same adapter for keyboard and mouse individually
Yes the debate really is irrelevant as USB is universal.

PS/2 is the best to install windows 7 on new mobo

2009 called
they want their OS back

Attached: Windows 10 wtf.png (807x6544, 1.7M)

Attached: 1518904305478.png (908x444, 80K)

Every version of Windows sucks. Stop sucking Microsoft's dick.

PS/2 obviously. Enjoy your input lag usbfags.

Reddit called, they want you back.

my usb keyboard runs at 0.2ms thou if I use a USB to PS2 adaptor will it run slower or faster I'm guessing slower? isn't PS2 just preferred because some keyboards have better anti ghosting and key rollover with it.

like isn't PS2 125hz while USB3.0 is 125-8000hz (thou most usb devices are 500-1000hz)

>one windows in better than the other
lol

ps2 is faster

You're fucking retarded, aren't you?
PS/2 doesn't run at any hz, it based on hardware interrupts.

Attached: .png (1200x880, 22K)

>connection drops
>connection drops again

*turns on microwave*
>connection lost

works on my machine

enjoy your input lag. might as well connect a joystick lmao

Back in my day we had a 150ms input lag on teletypes and we liked it

pretty sure PS2 doesn't run at 0.2ms USB keyboards can run at that speed now with optical switches fairly sure converting it to PS2 would make it run slower than that..

sorry bro maybe running old keyboards in PS2 was faster but USB has obviously catched up.

look at the new optical switch keyboards and Logitech's roamer G all run at 0.2ms.

there is like 8-10 diferent 0.2ms switches now all just in the last 2-3 years.

Dude PS/2 has no latency

>can't hot swap
>somehow still being mentioned
>dedicated port for only 1 device

Yeah lets' go back to joystick gaming ports

ITT: lies and misinformation

>PS/2 doesn't run at any hz
>Dude PS/2 has no latency
Yeah, it's magic!

Serial data at 10.0–16.7 kHz with 1 start bit, 8 data bits (LSB first), 1 parity bit (odd), 1 stop bit, [1 ack bit (if host-to-device)]

Effective data rate: 7–12 kbit/s

>Let's go at the low end: 10kHz. And let's pick a beefier keycode, say "R CTRL", that has a 2 byte scan code.
>The time to send a key down event should be 2 bytes * 11 clocks, or 22 clock periods at 10kHz. That's 2.2 milliseconds. The time to send a key-up event should be 3 bytes * 11 clocks => 3.3 milliseconds.

=> PS/2 keyboard latency is at least 3.3ms, disregarding the time the controller needs to read the matrix and assemble the serial protocol.

>hardware interrupts.
USB 3 does, too.

#rekt
thanks for putting things strait user

It is true that most older USB keyboards have worse latency and require polling.
However USB 3 does everything PS/2 does, faster.

what is PS2 analogue or some thing? even if PS2 has 0 latancy all cherry keyboards internally have 30ms of lag filco has 30ms of lag and topre has 55ms of lag.

in last 3 years and more so in the last year you can get keyboards with 0.2ms of lag.

if you can convince me my keyboard manufactured in 2016 with 0.2ms of internal lag will run faster on PS2 ill switch to it but I have my doubts. not sure what hz the keyboard runs at I'm guessing 1000hz but to reach thous high speeds it might use full USB3.0 spec so like 8000+hz.

>it might use full USB3.0 spec so like 8000+hz.
USB3 supports interrupts. It doesn't require polling. Not sure if any keyboard controllers support that yet, though.

Fun fact: Even USB 1.0 was designed to support N-Key RollOver. Bad drivers and the BIOS were responsible for rollover issues with USB1

desu I don't think any USB3.0 keyboards or mice actually exist. they are all 500-1000hz so they can sell more of them to USB2.0 people. might change in afue years but not now.

only mice that can make use of usb 3.0 is the wmo and its 2 sisters from 2001 or some thing and that mouse is default 125hz but doesn't have a internal limiter like modern mice so you can overclock it to 8000hz and make use of usb3.0 (its internal sensor is 9000fps so it does actually help and change how it feels)

The whole 3 keyboards that use USB3
>Impluing usb works on magic and doesn't have protocol overhead and processing delay

my keyboard is the Bloody q700 (same as common b700 model) pretty sure its usb 2.0 could be wrong thou.

bloody recorded that its LK switch keyboards and Logitech Romer G keyboards hit 0.2ms delay to computer that's way better than 3.3ms+ of PS2 I don't understand the interrupts stuff thou and fairly sure the bloody and Logitech keyboards tested are not USB3.0

/thread

there's a debate?

USB C

idknow my motherboard from 2017 still has as PS2 port I'm not saying PS2 is shit but I have my doubts its still faster.. but then I have doubts because it is odd that they keep the port on motherboards. obviously has some use for some niche reason right? I doubt they left the port on there for keyboard support its probably for some random military or science or remote admin reason I'm guessing.

the argument that ps2 is better isn't convincing me maybe in the 2000s it was optimal but I'm guessing USB has improved alot as well as how operating systems handel input etc. windows updates its USB system all the time it fucks with my mouse overclock.

right now I'm thinking PS2>USB for keyboard was some meme that made scene for maybe 8 years and is no longer relevant and the people that believe in it don't actually understand why

honestly thou the argument he

oh no it's the lagsperg
or some unfunny larper

>in better
cuck basedboy

you have to go back

No u

your taking to offence to the idea that lag is important in a thread about PS2 apparently being faster than USB for keyboards. get fucked you own a slow ass 30ms cherry keyboard or paid 300$ for a filco that lags 55ms

actually I think your worse than that you probably spent 500$ on custom keyboard parts and soldered together your own keyboard with a cherry imitation chip and now scared your keyboard might be lagging 100ms.

just get with the program in the last 2-3 years keyboards have increased in speed by like 30ms.

>idknow my motherboard from 2017 still has as PS2 port I'm not saying PS2 is shit but I have my doubts its still faster.
It's probably not faster anymore because it's probably on 3rd party chip nowadays.

Rollover is exclusively due to shitty multiplexing on the keyboard PCB, it has nothing to do with the data protocol. Nothing is stopping you from sending any amount of key press events in rapid succession, and for as long as you don't send the release events, these keys count as being pressed simultaneously. But it would take a total of 105 input pins to read all the keys simultaneously, that's anywhere between 3 and 18 chips, just for input. Not even high end keyboard manufacturers would spend extra $5 on BoM (gotta Jew hard), so everyone is just using "common keys" rollover multiplexing so that only 1 chip worth of input pins is needed. That leaves your with random ghosting, depending on particular PCB layout of a given keyboard.

hasn't really been a debate, and when it even could have been was probably more then a decade and a half ago.

USBfags BTFO
youtu.be/eEswl6kZq5k?t=8m20s

really committing to the larp
I'm impressed

THE PEE ESS TRIPLE

Very nice back of the envelope calculation, user.

based

Attached: 1502139287260.png (1300x4704, 1.14M)

Attached: Untitled.png (5000x5000, 83K)

ps/2? Yea that was the best port.

Attached: 20yoboomer.png (691x464, 163K)

too bad usb 3 emit noise that fucks with wireless
I have wireless mouse that I love dearly, and it took me a while to figure out a setup in which usb 3 would not bother it

why wireless peripherals have to share same bandwith as wifi is beyond me
thanks Obama I guess...

what the fuck

damn so ps/2 is faster if switches aren't the bottleneck

Attached: ­.jpg (900x900, 100K)

It's a real thing
see
This happens every time I use it.

You need to be 18+ to post on Jow Forums

enjoy your bent pins

and still it werks better than anything gahnewh leenakx.

Why does latency matter?

usb-c

>pic related

Attached: chad_ps2.png (697x280, 84K)

Not really.
But your reaction time and knowing the game helps immensely.
Reaction time is trainable since the rotation of the eyes and contraction of the iris is controlled by muscles.

t.I used to be "pro" gayman 10 years ago.

Why would I bent them? It's not a cuck connection like USB that is used by something else. You literally disconnect only when you replace your motherboard.

I had PS2 cable of a keyboard fail which triggered reboot on the pc.
so w/e they are not unbreakable

And USB is unbreakable...? Yeah nice logic

yeah if you say so

Can you really damage your hardware if you disconnect ps2 mouse or keyboard on the fly? Or was it problem in old ass hardware. (I know this port isn't designed for it)

I meant that we're on Jow Forums, not /v/.

ask /mkg/ they are super autistic about it

What team did you play for?

pubstar

off yourself

y u mad tho

South Korean pros in brood war and sc2 used to buy cheap samsung (qsenn was the name IIRC) and use them through ps/2.

Q: Why does latency matter?
A: Not really.
You can't hide pajeet.

Stop being such a nigger. PS/2 has lower latency.

"no"

Using a PS/2 keyboard frees up my usb ports for other stuff. Werks 4 me

I fell for this meme, it's okay for typing, but for even light casual gaming it's absolute thrash.

go back

Attached: ­.jpg (1022x862, 228K)

I see your USB peripherals and raise you this.

Attached: KVUSB-PS2_PCS_13460.jpg (3688x1808, 286K)

fuck off back to with your söy meme

What debate? PS2 is obsolete. In a few years, USB will be too.

dont try to argue with it
ive seen this autist posting all the time and theres no convincing it

>bloody switches
those feel like absolute shit compared to cherry switches

Question was what would you use if you had an ability to use both.

Doesn't matter anymore since all PS/2 is actually USB (or similarly doesn't interrupt the CPU) anyway.

t. brainlet

>no argument
I think you're the brainlet buddy.
But to be fair, your 15 year old Thinkpad probably does still have real PS/2.
Those of us with machines newer than 5 years old on the other hand, don't.

Attached: 1521860094889.jpg (596x521, 38K)

Usb: more latency
Ps/2: less latency

>all PS/2 is actually USB
you expect someone to waste their breath on your 60 IQ crap?
Educate yourself, loser.
youtube.com/watch?v=eEswl6kZq5k

>it has nothing to do with the data protocol
FALSE.
USB has two modes for HID keyboards.
One is limited to 6KRO. The other supports NKRO.