Work on PC all day

>work on PC all day
>dull pain and discomfort starts on the pinky

Do you have any experience with wrist supports?
I think I will get this one to try.

Attached: 91g7pR9lHbL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 237K)

they don't do anything
only taking long breaks from typing works, regardless of wearing one of those
wearing one of those while typing sounds retarded.

don't risk it. First sign of an RSI, stop typing, cool the wrist and maybe even use one of those anti inflammatory topical salves.

I think the mouse is the problem. Not typing.
But where is the problem?
I feel it on my pinky but I read that it is the carpal bones or it might start on the forearm bellow the elbow (the pressure where it rests on the chair).

Using mouse since a child wrecked my central wrist bone, the lunate. 1 month after the surgery it still hurts, atleast I'm sick leave..

Attached: PSX_20180705_121243-1269x1586.jpg (1269x1586, 371K)

It's been a while since my classes on general anatomy (I'm a dentist) but pinky finger sounds like cubital tunnel syndrome or a tendinitis/ tendinopathy. Same shit, different nerve. Also, same solution.

Have been using PCs since 1993.
Te last 2 years I use them long hours daily though. Feels bad.
Maybe I will get some CBD weed lmao cream to try..

Makes sense because I am pretty sure I press my elbow too hard on the chair.. Will research more. Thank u.

Attached: Sarif-bustshot.png (804x863, 389K)

>people get injured from using a computer

This is so retarded. It's like that guy who "legitimately hurt" his hand from trying to open a bottle of Zoylent.

People have been getting carpal tunnel for decades. Leave it to a fucking retarded Jow Forums nigger to not know shit about anything.

I got carpal tunnel playing piano and tennis you double nigger. This is nothing new.

Carple tunnel isn't related to wrist activity, geniuses. Studies on it have been inconclusive. Otherwise people could sue their employers for not providing safety measures to mitigate the chances of developing CT.

Attached: wth.png (203x209, 14K)

I'm sorry, but you're too stupid to even spell the name correctly. Nobody is saying that it's caused exclusively by 'wrist activity'. It is however accepted that it can be exacerbated by repeated overextension of the wrist and pressure on the nerve and that the best way to prevent it from getting worse is to stop doing that until the inflammation goes down.
Fucking half-educated porch monkey, I swear.

I had my pinky getting numb and hurting but it ended up being my pectoralis minor cramping and pressing on some nerves. Went away with some stretching and massage.

>stop doing that
>when you use the mouse for work all day

I have hyper mobile wrists and I feel pain and numbness if I use the computer for too long. Wrist supports and grip trainers have helped me a lot. Just remember to not use the wrist supports all the time, weaker muscles will cause you more pain. If you have hyper mobile wrist like I do, then don't ever do any stretching with them no matter what anyone tells you, it will fuck you up more.

Attached: grip trainer.jpg (800x800, 42K)

My pain went away when I stopped playing starcraft, deadlifting also helped

I bet most of the time is what people think is carpal tunnel is really just tendinitis which doesn't need surgery to fix.

umm why are you not using programming gloves????

Attached: 1524286600178.jpg (450x450, 99K)

Are some people quite literally just limp wristed? This seems a bit pathetic

My dude.
I had 'the mark' back when I was playing BW.
Those were good times.

wrist related symptoms might not actually be wrist related
t. rsi high up in neck that causes hands to go numb

Yes but OP described pain and that's indicative of

It's like a dull tingling/'pain'/annoyance on the pinky.
It seems complicated. It can be many things.

I've got a set of those, the metal bit is quite annoying. The 'sport' versions with just the elastic straps are better, have to wear them 50% of my time at work otherwise my wrists get super fucked and I can't even hold a glass of water without major pain. Probably need surgery eventually, very dull.

While CTS itself is caused by genetic factors creating a Carpal's Tunnel that is too small to support the tendons and nerve branch, the injuries are RSI, and are created when repetitive wrist tense motions are practiced for extended periods.
People who get CTS or related problems can't do anything about it except treat themselves better. Which usually means a drop in productivity. Good luck fellow sufferers.

Your premise is entirely wrong. Pinky and half of ring finger are innervated bu the ulnar(funny bone) nerve and are spared with carpal tunnel syndrome(which the splint may help prevent), because carpal tunnel syndrome is caused by irritation of the median nerve which affects the thumb, index, middle and half of the ring finger. No wrist splint will help your pinky.

I think so too. I am observing my 'normal' position and I see that my elbow is a bit tight on the arm rest. I shouldn;t let all the weight rest there.

We need to know the mouse brand and model you are using. KB is generally fine if only pinky is going wacky.
Next up on arm rests, table, mouse pad. Are you putting weight on a arm rest all day? Table to high where you have a line imprint on wrist or arm. Lastly do you have one of those silly gel mouse pad dealies cutting off circulation?

Same. Stopped playing smash bros, started deadlifting heavy, and started using an ergodic without ever using a mouse when using my pc. Pain went away.

Good luck fellow bros, this shit sucks

G403 mouse, steelseries mat. I think it is the forearm weight on the arm rest.

I also scroll with the index finger, not the middle one. So maybe there is some pressure from resting the pinky on the desk and the backbone.

Attached: 1517750900074.jpg (1280x720, 418K)