Best DE ever created

Best DE ever created.

Prove me wrong.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

manjaro.org/community-editions/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: 7D293203-0785-4603-BCB6-8B45614A5DA9.png (692x298, 11K)

>ubuntu 13.04

Attached: 1530318467787.png (960x637, 84K)

>proves him wrong with unsourced random screenshot

>5 years outdated
Kys

Shit defaults

*krashes*

>*grashes*
ftfy

>oops your program crashed
>oops the crash reporter crashed
>oops the notification for crashes crashed
>oops kde plasma crashed

Windows is superior and will always be, KDE and other DE's crash or bug so often when even attempting to multitask

>Windows is superior and will always be
Delusional retard

no no no no HAHA

Ah you must be using Ubuntu

I love KDE but I'm sick of the random crashes. I'm tempted to move back to XFCE.

What distro are you on? I've been using manjaro for close to two months now and I haven't had any random crashes so far

Attached: 1491924806758.png (900x900, 543K)

I'm using the KDE spin of Fedora 28. It's been a blast thus far, but the only problems I've had are caused by KDE.

yeah it was kubuntu. i have to admit kde on fedora was nice and smooth

it actually crashes quiet often for me. Had these issues on KDE neon and Antergos. I even have a custon shortcut configurated just to restard plasmashell, since the panels just "stop" working sometimes with no fix in sight.

Ah okay. I haven't tried Fedora but prior to switching to Manjaro I was use Kubuntu where I was experiencing crashes every now and then. So far so good since the switch, though.

Also check'd

Attached: 1522559457823.jpg (439x512, 73K)

I've never had Xfce crash
I've never had MATE crash
I've never had Lxde crash
I've had Explorer crash and it doesn't even have multiple desktop support
check mate faggot

*tips distro*

Attached: fedora_whale.png (1238x288, 460K)

Weird, I always had the opposite experience with Fedora's KDE spin.

>KDE users confirmed for psychopaths

Attached: 1519703346105.jpg (1920x1080, 102K)

deepin(mybutt) is currently the most metro-like DE. If only it also had the flip-out menu rather than the dash

The best dash is available on KDE. It doesnt give you just a window overview OR a list off apps, but also a favourites-sidebar

I love the simple beauty of Deepin, but in the end, I think KDE will always be my pick simply because it has the biggest selection

>Shit defaults
What DE/WM you can't say this about?

Well, it has the worst UI defaults.

Best DE was kde 3
Now the best is xfce

bindkeys are all over 3 different menus is so retarded. enjoy wasting your time making it usable

gnome, i3, which don't even have desktop icons

Not the same person but I've seen many people here say Fedora's KDE spin is awful, for whatever reason.

I'm using KDE Neon right now and it's just solid. No issues at all.

I tried it and it was very unstable. Programs crashed randomly. The calculator sucked, it wouldn't let me write an entire expression or show the previous results. When alt+tabbing I couldn't navigate windows with left and right. Wayland did not work at all. Opening the settings menu and navigating to a submenu showed a different interface from searching that submenu directly. I couldn't map Super to anything, just things like Super+Space (also it called Super Meta, which is at the level of calling it Win Key).

>fetishizing free ram
Kys degenerate

I use KDE on my desktop but often experience screen tearing... anyone else have this issue?

tbqh i'm more interested in your wallpaper.

i3 has awful defaults. Having to change modes to resize a window is dreadful.

that's the official KDE Plasma 5 wallpaper.

yes, but i3lock is the greatest lock screen in existence.

I still prefer Cinnamon.

pretty nice abstract wallpaper. 9/10

it is the best de

Attached: 1530405646911s.jpg (250x240, 8K)

this is correct

I wish there wasn't a loading screen just for the desktop, and it also feels like a lot of different functionalities are placed all over the place.

But at least it's better than kde 4

Nvidia, AMD or Intel?

Shitty NVIDIA with proper drivers installed and Intel chip (disabled integrated graphics)

I can't. I use it.

used to use fedora with KDE untill recently
you should consider switching to manjaro...
its much better for KDE, Fedora seems to be focusing on Gnome support more than KDE

>nvidia
My friend, i have a bad news for you: i have a nvidia card and is a shit experiency on KDE.

Here a tip for you:

>enable compositor OpenGL 3.1
>smooth
>v-sync enabled
>force full composition pipeline on nvidia control panel

It greatly improves usability.

Thank you, user. Everything is fine for me until I move the windows, but I will update my settings per your suggestions.

>force full composition pipeline on nvidia control panel

This particularly fixed like 99% of my graphic problems with nvidia on KDE. In the past I had to enable triple buffer on some obscure config file and even then it failed sometimes.

You're welcome.
The problem with full composition pipeline is the high input lag.

I haven't noticed any difference in input lag, but I don't play videogames or do any job where it cold be noticeable, so I think I can live with that.

Disable power saving in the driver

>If only it also had the flip-out menu rather than the dash
you mean like this?

Attached: DeepinScreenshot_20180601041139.png (1360x768, 218K)

Why the fuck would I use KDE over something like, say, XFCE or Cinnamon

Holly shit! Deepin UI is very nice.

i'd rather use windows than kde, or at least xfce and mate those still the best de for linux

yep
this is what KDE should have been
simple and beautiful

Attached: depn.png (1920x1080, 961K)

Yes.
How did you get that?

this is 15.6
15.5 startmenu looks a little bit different

Attached: deepin-screen-recorder_Desktop_20180705213705.webm (1920x1080, 875K)

I got bored with Cinnamon so I wanted to try something completely different but KDE is like someone wanted to recreate all the annoyances of Windows.
I'm still giving it a chance, I'll use it for a full month to get to know it, but it's not convincing me just yet.

This looks nice, can I install the DE on a non-Chinese non-botnet distro?

I'm on Slackware and the one that does this without exception is Baloo. That little nigger always crashes.

it looks like generic brand cinnamon

>can I install the DE on a non-Chinese non-botnet distro?
there is a manjaro version
manjaro.org/community-editions/

Cool, I'll try that too after I'm done with Kubuntu 18.04, thanks user

What is the current opinion on KDE neon opposed to Kubuntu 18.04?

Also, what y'all think of budgie? I think it's looking cool but needs more customizability.

>that gnome startmenu
oh my fucking... INTO THE TRASH IT GOES!

As someone who was using Neon and went back to Kubuntu I can say: stick to Kubuntu+backports ppa. Neon dev edition is too unstable and user edition actually takes longer to update KDE stuff than the backports ppa

>kwin crashes laving you with no window control, no task bar, no start menu, no ability to switch windows, no ability to move windows
>psshh nothin personel kid

It takes like 5 seconds until dolphin starts

They still didn't fix this? It's been over a year...

not as far as I know.
Ive been on plasma for years now and I think its done this shit the entire time Ive been using it even with multiple reinstalls.
Ive bee running it headless for a few months now, so I cant say it hasnt been fixed since then but I really doubt it has been.

Attached: 11.png (1416x1518, 351K)

i3 over xfce if you're a patrician

Attached: 2334784676.png (541x398, 398K)