theverge.com/2018/7/4/17533926/windows-ios-android-bloatware
community.spiceworks.com/scripts/show/3977-windows-10-decrapifier-version-2
getwpd.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I can't, the concept of a start menu is horrible

not even the mainstream media is defending it anymore

theverge.com/2018/7/4/17533926/windows-ios-android-bloatware

Retina Macbook doesn't have this problem

Why don't they make an extra tier for this shit. Just make a version of win10 home edition that is free but has these ads, and call it windows 10 lite edition or something. I bet a lot of people would just get that or pay more for the home/pro/supreme edition

just turn it off

What, having a convenient extension to the taskbar so I don't have to clutter it with things I don't typically keep open?

Attached: Untitled.png (638x642, 201K)

You can remove them if you don't like them.

What are you talking about? Windows 10 is awesome after some cleaning.

Attached: win10.jpg (641x643, 96K)

No, your picture is ugly and unorganized. There's no pattern to any of it. It would take a great deal of effort to learn the Windows 10 start menu.

>μTorrent
Enjoy your vulnerabilities.

>IObit anything
>willingly installing literal malware

Defending a $200 "Professional" OS that comes with adware, yikes.

>Everything mainstream and good is a virus or a malware.
If you can't backup your claim you can kindly fuck off, also no sane person pay 200$ for the US we either use KMSpico or buy a key for 2 USD online you brainlet.

Lmao. Looks like those shitty advertisement editorials you get in the mail. Windows is a joke

Attached: LOO.jpg (2000x1000, 327K)

People here bash Gnome for being a tablet interface and wasting space and this shit takes up 20% of the screen to show 10 icons

>netbeard and fedora
NONONHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

why would i defend anything related to windows 10?
just install 7 faggot

I don't like W10 but that menu is pretty customizable if u delete all that shit and put your shortcuts there, i miss that thing on W8.1 a lot but i have my .classic shell so it's ok i guess.

Why would anyone defend someone's retardation?

what?

Attached: Untitled.png (679x625, 216K)

My beautiful and powerful USB-totting and FireWire wielding iMac doesn’t have a start menu in the first place.

Start menus are for Windows and Loonix retards.

Attached: image.jpg (236x213, 29K)

I can't. I installed Windows 10 Pro on my 1TB EVO 960, and the only thing it's good for is probably just playing Bethesda and Blizzard games. That's about it. I was getting frustrated trying to do about anything because I could feel the lag compared to even something like Xubuntu. Things on Linux just seems instant, or much more responsive. That could just be me though.

Bloatware sucks.

Is there a lighter weight shell that does windows classic for win10?
I have this same setup.

It's exactly what the people who use it deserve.

OOF

community.spiceworks.com/scripts/show/3977-windows-10-decrapifier-version-2

no u

It's free

l"moa

Attached: 1530726997234.png (520x195, 58K)

You can just delete all the shit on the right and it's basically the windows 7 menu that looks better and has a better search function. Sure it's not linux but not everyone has the time and interest in fucking around with OS shit

Have you heard of Taskbar? And clicking windows button on the keyboard and just typing the app name is probably easier than this retard

Fuck off with your ugly tablet UI, yes you can fine tune windows 10 but your pic is pure cancer you faggot

You know you can use small symbols? Anyway checked.

Almost every of the 500 ugly context menues has so much wasted space, even though almost NOONE uses a fucking w10 tablet. Also the new settings is retarded designed and obviously for tablet users

Using classic shell so it doesnt matter wether or not i can defend it.

Yeah, it sucks ass but I'm not autistic enough to care about it.

Attached: Clipboard01.png (1920x1080, 1.67M)

If it's non-free software then you can already assume that the software is malicious in nature. It's easier to prove that it's malware without having access to the source code than it is for you to disprove it. If there is no access to the source code (actual reproducible, buildable source code) then you cannot say that the software isn't malware, unless you personally know the developer and can vouch for his credibility.

weird, mine looks like this

Attached: hrp0s0.png (636x641, 39K)

No.

Attached: CS.png (393x558, 105K)

what?

Attached: xx.png (1920x1080, 320K)

Werks in my machine™

Attached: Screenshot (2).png (321x394, 108K)

>clicking around my desktop, encoding and muxing
>notice subtitle problem
>LET ME JUST PULL OUT MY KEYBOARD TO TYPE IN AEGISUB ENTER BEFORE SWITCHING BACK TO MY MOUSE TO FLING THE MKV INTO THE WINDOW.
Clicking is faster and easier.

Lincucks users never do any actual work

Post .stats.

>IT upgrading all machines in our department to windows 10
>Well, it can't be too bad, r-right
>Start menu full of xbox trash, minecraft, freemiumg garbage games, etc.
>Spend half an hour deleting all the unnecessary shit and office express garbage (did I mention we actually have full office licenses?)
>Oh, you wan't to delete xbox? YOU CAN'T

good thing I found a way via powershell to delete all this fucking bloat. Seriously, are our IT faggots so fucking incompetent or are business versions of win10 really like this? What the hell.

>Oh, you wan't to delete xbox? YOU CAN'T
wrong

you can't delete it by right clicking on the tile, you have to delete it using the powershell and some obscure commands, as I have said in the next sentence.

LTSB exists

It's a nice shortcut list for programs you use frequently, but not enough to drown your taskbar

But you CAN delete xbox, retard. Stop claiming it's impossible.

fuck off

>obscure commands

you mean winaero?

no, something like
Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxApp | Remove-AppxPackage

*In PowerShell as Administrator

dmenu doesnt have this problem

Any other laptop not running windows

if that's obscure
then apt-get install must be some advanced wizardry shit

You can uninstall Candy Crush with right click > uninstall.

is right-click too hard for Theverge writers?

Basically Jow Forums

It's easy to remove it, but the problem is that it shouldn't even be there, it's a $200 "Professional" OS.

Pro is no longer professional edition.

..... wait, is this sarcasm?

then every single fucking update reinstall that shit

>Not instaling windows 10 enterprise ltsb

A guide for Power User folks who hate UWP/Modern apps, Cloud, Telemetry & tabletish GUI of Windows 10, but want to use it for Win32/Win64 API software anyway.
Let's make this go viral Jow Forums.

1. If you have Home, Pro or other standard edition of Windows 10 for normies - download .iso image of Enterprise LTSB 2016, make bootable pendrive using Rufus and format your entire HDD.

2. Perform clean installation of Enterprise LTSB 2016, during the installation make sure to not click "Use express settings", uncheck everything privacy-related instead and make Local Account, remember to NEVER use Microsoft account.

3. After installation use newest version of KMSAuto Net to activate it, then reboot.

4. After first reboot let it download security updates and other crap thru Windows Update.

5. Go to “Privacy” settings of Windows 10 and disable EVERYTHING there, then click on search icon in the left down corner near Start Menu icon and make sure to disable search history there, open Windows Defender and disable: Cloud-based protection & Automatic sample submission; you can also install different antivirus later on if you wish.

6. Download WPD from getwpd.com/ and use it to disable additional Telemetry/Spying garbage, DON’T USE Spybot Anti-Beacon, O&O ShutUp10 and other privacy tools, all of those are not fully compatible with Enterprise LTSB 2016 edition of Windows 10, only WPD is.
7. Torrent cracked version of StartIsBack++ and install it. It will replace that new ugly UWP Start Menu of Windows 10 with Windows 7-style Start Menu, you can also use ClassicShell which is free, but StartIsBack++ is way better and faster, you just need to crack it.

>Let's make this go viral

8. Click WinKey + R combination to open Run and type: gpedit.msc, go to: User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Start Menu and Taskbar, find “Disable showing balloon notifications as toasts” there and Enable, it will replace those new smartphonish “Toast” notifications into classical “Balloon” notifications known from Windows XP and Windows 7.

9. Do the same as above, but for: “Remove Notifications and Action Center”, it will remove that smartphonish Notification Center (right-sided bar) that we all hate.

10. Go to: Control Panel -> User Accounts and Family Safety -> User Accounts -> Change User Account Control settings, move the slider to the bottom (Never Notify), click OK.

11. Reboot to apply all changes and enjoy clean, bloat-free, Power User friendly version of Windows 10.

yeah, but theres a balance between however x-millions the producers of Candy Crish Saga pay (how much? presumably, a fuckload) to pollute x-million fucking desktops with their unwanted shite, and how many x-million users for reasons of having to put up with precisely this shit puts off using MS OS entirely, or sticking to Win7 till it gets prised form their cold, dead, etc.

Way I see it, if they got this level of crapola upfront, and 'privacy settings' that are the equivalent of '..and how much info you wanna send us? A: Everything, B: Just the Good Bits - Pick One' - this in a 'Pro' OS - figure I dont really wanna know how much more seekrit shit they got running in the background. OS's long aleady do everything anyone needs, rest is just added ads and BS. And Cortana can fuck off as well.

There's no need to defend perfection.

I like it after you removee most of it
The only thing bugging me is the reallt high response time.... (I have a okay ssd so it is not that)

I get asked to "speed up my pc its slow as shit" alot by normies, cleaning up windows 10 to a borderline acceptable level is horrible

the maga color scheme?

When im at uni people actually pay me for this shit

I like it so it doenst matter anything else

Well, what a coincidence Jow Forums. I just got a new computer and it's got W10.

How do I customize it to not be horrible and how do I stop it from spying on me or stabbing my dick when I'm asleep or whatever?

Attached: images[1].jpg (283x178, 6K)

Real life jen

>windows classic for win10
no. windows 10 has the DWM (aero) enabled at all times. it's virtually impossible to disable it without tinkering with system files and risk getting your computer completely fucked

Attached: Capture.png (401x534, 134K)

works on my machine

Attached: muhgames.png (390x667, 526K)

Attached: Idiocracy-tv.jpg (460x258, 78K)

Attached: 1457209773421.png (400x400, 172K)

What is then?

Not even once did this happen. It shouldn't be there too start with though

Well Ubuntu has Amazon...

Windows 7