Why aren't you using the superior language? Go is already, in many ways, C 2...

Why aren't you using the superior language? Go is already, in many ways, C 2. Rewrite all your code in Go and enjoy the simple concurrency model coupled with verbose errors that shorten your debugging time by ten-fold.

Attached: gogopher.png (1634x2224, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

shodor.org/~bplist/bwi/openmp.html
benchmarksgame-team.pages.debian.net/benchmarksgame/faster/swift-go.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>using google botnet that has sjw approval
No thanks

just as a reminder

Attached: 1526375458960.jpg (1438x788, 124K)

>google botnet
It's open-source honey, you don't need to use the search engine.
>sjw approval
I wanna say but this is a special case, you seem to dislike it because some SJWs use it. SJWs have also written numerous code in C, C++, Haskell, Lisp etc. Why is this any different?

>garbage-collected systems language

Any gc language is not a replacement for C. try rust you google-fellating faggot.

It's a replacement for C in the sense that many applications are written in C for no good reason. All the Unix user land, basically, could be written in Go instead of C.
But it won't replace C for actual systems stuff like kernels, etc.

I'm a Jow Forumsack fascist and I'm doing some stuff in Go. Every language or open source community has communist trannies anyway. The proper solution would be to gas them, not to stop using the stuff they are involved with.

>Go is already, in many ways, C 2
That's the problem. Go was supposed to be a modern language, but has instead inherited a bunch of ridiculous design flaws. That's what you get when you put Rob Pike and a bunch of other UNIX dinosaurs in charge of inventing a new language.

Yes.
The GC is pretty efficient and well-optimized. I can tell you haven't written a single line of Go, because Rust is about how much bullshit you can add to a language before it collapses under its on weight. Besides, Google Go is erroneous, it's more correct to say Ken (Thompson) and Rob (Pike) Go. The syntax alone is a drastic improvement to C, and gofmt ensures you can't fuck up the formatting unless you decide to avoid that too for some retarded reason. I'm not suggesting that kernel, very low-level stuff like said should be written in Go, but it can be. It just isn't very good performance-wise.

i suppose that's true. but any language could be a candidate for that. i refuse to use go until they put in generics. or at the very least get some decent package management.

>try to compile go
>need to pass google captcha

There are not many alternatives. For Linux utilities, you want:
1. apps that performs well
2. apps that starts quickly
3. apps that are easy to deploy / integrate

That takes out Python, Perl, Ruby, Tcl and so on (too slow) and Java (fast, but slow startup and huge run-time). You are left with things like OCaml, Chicken Scheme and the like. Good, but not as well popular and well supported as Go.

I would rather use Rust.

Why is this a jpg?

Attached: go.png (1043x399, 23K)

he screenshotted his phone after seeing it on 9gag

GC is the only safe option for concurrency, which is exactly what Go was made for.

Now with the text scaled

Attached: Screenshot_2018-07-05 Parallelizing Enjarify in Go and Rust.png (903x548, 37K)

Now with round corners.

Attached: iReddit.png (903x548, 55K)

Okay which unix tool needs performance above what a scripting language can give? They aren't THAT much slower.

Thanks! :)

>Python, Perl, Ruby, Tcl
These are ironically father than shellscript

cat, grep, awk, gzip, /bin/true .... many examples

Go has better concurrency than C and Java, but many languages have better concurrency (clojure, erlang, rust, and much more). If that's your reason for using it, then you're retarded.

>Why aren't you using the superior language?
The compiler is an autist who refuses to build programs if there are unused imports, variables, or the curly brace style is wrong. The language has no support for generic data structures. The error handling is terrible. It's Google, which makes it about as relevant as Dart.

> Why aren't you using the superior language?
But I'm already using Rust.

because that fucking badger pisses me the fuck off. worst mascot ever.

>GC is the only safe option for concurrency
False, GC has little to do with safe concurrency - Rust doesn't have GC yet guarantees concurrency free of data races thanks to the borrow checker, while Go has nothing to protect you from data races.

It's a gopher.

Rob Pike really needs to stop letting his wife design the logos.

>while Go has nothing to protect you from data races.
except the race detector that go has.
> thanks to the borrow checker
Which is exactly the reason why it sucks to program in Rust, and is pleasant to code in go.
Your shilling is disgusting you mentally unstable Rustard.

>Go's concurrency is so broken it needs the "race detector" to barely work
Exactly.

>Which is exactly the reason why it sucks to program in Rust, and is pleasant to code in go.
Lean how to write decent code, and then the borrow checker won't have so much to complain about.

> I'm a Jow Forumsack fascist
kys

>I'm a Jow Forumsack fascist

Attached: DXds8cPXcAIrrKy.jpg (720x510, 64K)

I love those "I don't wan to be alone" thread made by insecure nerds *snap*

The best things about Go imho are the compiler and the runtime + gc. Both get top marks for execution.

>Rustfags are so incompetent they need the "borrow checker" to make non-segfaulty code

Attached: rust shill hd.png (2955x2785, 785K)

go is losing hipster mindshare fast, java on its ass with lots of cool shit like kotlin, an aot compiler, graal, etc coming down the pipe, go is probably on its way out if 2.x isn't amazing

>Gofags are so incompetent they can't even manually manage memory

So, how did you enjoy writing your last multithreaded C++ program?

Nim

>#pragma omp parallel for
A lot. Thank you.

Crystal is better. Both are obscure as fuck.

>> OpenMP
>> Handles shared memory by not having shared memory.
If you don't share memory, Rust borrow checking is fucking trivial to begin with.

I enjoy writing in go

Attached: 1529902597240.jpg (700x963, 94K)

AHhahahahaha

AHAHAHHA

AHHAahhahahahaha

Ahahhahahahahaha

Truly superior language.

Attached: Unknown.jpg (239x211, 7K)

>> Automatic reference counting

No. It's shit.

>>> Handles shared memory by not having shared memory
shodor.org/~bplist/bwi/openmp.html
Will Rust shills ever not be full of monkey shit?

What's not shit, baby.

If you don't want ARC, you have manual memory management, but since the compiler is the best (LLVM) and does it's thing very well, it's just more work you have to do, but you can, for Internet points, or whatevs.

ARC has zero advantages over a good garbage collector except for compatibility with objective-C. Swift hogs more memory than Go and is slower on every benchmark, despite using a leaky abstraction for its memory management.

Scala native.

I am.

It's easy to write stuff in. I just wish the code generation would work like Java's @lombok annotations.

IMAGINE

> ARC has zero advantages over a good garbage collector except for compatibility with objective-C.

Hhahahaha!

What a fucking idiot!

Every know it's not true, GC always wastes more memory, and lags.

> Swift hogs more memory than Go and is slower on every benchmark,

Source for that, Google cocksucker.

Because it's simply not true.

> despite using a leaky abstraction for its memory management.

Only "leaky" for idiots like you who don't know how to program.

Better for you to stick with GC, pajeet

The only good parts of Go are the parts that were inherited from C

benchmarksgame-team.pages.debian.net/benchmarksgame/faster/swift-go.html

Wasm support has been awesome. Having a lot of fun playing with it so far.

I wish Go did multi-line chaining of functions better. This is Go:
func hurr() {
rows, err := databaseQuery{}.
QueryString(queryString).
VarcharParam(myString).
IntParam(myInt).
Execute()
fmt.Println(rows)
fmt.Println(err)
}

Here's Java:
private void doQuery() {
Rows rows = new Query()
.query(queryString)
.setParameter(myString)
.setParameter(myInt)
.executeQuery();
}

Examples are fictional of course, but having the dot in front is just that much better for me because you're always 100% certain that the line is executed on an object, you don't have to check the preceding line like in Go.

>The compiler is an autist who refuses to build programs if there are unused imports, variables, or the curly brace style is wrong.
How is this a bad thing?

>The language has no support for generic data structures.
Yep.

>The error handling is terrible.
It's grown on me. Makes for better code. Everything I've written in Go is better than what I've written in Java.

>It's Google, which makes it about as relevant as Dart.
I guess google sucks, yeah.

>touching anything google in 2018

I know most software is shit, but come on

>Everything I've written in Go is better than what I've written in Java.

says more about you honestly

Probably, but I've just written some Go code recently. In a few weeks I'll look at my Go code and hate it with a burning passion.

I like how I can put .go source file anywhere on my computer and run it with `go run` as with interpreter language and totally don't need to have it in some fixed directory or bother with env variables to make it werk

i can compile C once and run it from anywhere i want on my computer.

Llvm is shit.

>literally the first two letters of the company name
>ITS NOT A GOOGLE PRODUCT GUYS

i too enjoy go being 4x slower than it should, requiring another gcc based compiler to be written, just because pike wanted to use his plan9 shit, thus allowing rust to stomp it badly on every benchmark and giving ammo to mozilla trannies

Rust takes hours to compile "hello world"
It's a toy

rust is dominating by not being a shitty version of dumbed-down java

>allowing rust to stomp it badly on every benchmark
Tell me more about compile time.

Attached: smug.png (1631x1571, 124K)

go is far easier to write than c

so is python

go's is steadily getting worse as it's been re-written from c

Go is fast enough at this point. I'd rather see more energy being put into new features than into speed.

No generics and slices are the most retarded std::vector alternative in any language.
Even php's array, which is actually a hashmap is more usable.

Perhaps, but the answer isn't to go overboard and add generics to the language.