What computer chair does Jow Forums recommend? ideally less than $400

what computer chair does Jow Forums recommend? ideally less than $400

pic semi-related, my current chair is in pretty bad shape (but not that bad)

Attached: computer-chair.jpg (1024x769, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

unv.is/business.asiaone.com/news/woman-badly-injured-exploding-computer-chair
web.archive.org/web/20090312034257/http://www.anorak.co.uk:80/strange-but-true/202541.html
amazon.com/Alera-ALEEBW4213-Pivot-Multifunction-Aluminum/dp/B014099PT8/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spall
blog.szynalski.com/2017/08/review-herman-miller-embody/
youtube.com/watch?v=wqQhQSbe6fw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

shit made me die laughing. what happened here?

unv.is/business.asiaone.com/news/woman-badly-injured-exploding-computer-chair

>A 24-year-old woman from Fuijian, China was sitting in front of her computer when her chair suddenly 'exploded', sending pieces of steel into her body.
>[...]
>She was sitting in the chair drying her hair with a hair dryer when suddenly, the chair exploded with her on it. He said that she whispered that she was in pain before losing consciousness.
>According to reports, her intestines and vagina were pierced by a steel rod. Doctors saved her by removing a dozen screws and fragments of plastic from her flesh.
>[...]
>According to Dongnan Daily News, an industry insider said that there are three types of air-lift chairs on the market: hydraulic pressured, mechanical and gas pressured.
>The majority of cheap air-lift chairs are gas pressured, however, some manufacturers take it one step further by filling it with pressured air to lower the costs. This dangerous step, the insider said, was likely the cause of the explosion.

got railed by a steel beam up the ass at the power of gas and died

That's a different case where the person died (pic related, chair)

web.archive.org/web/20090312034257/http://www.anorak.co.uk:80/strange-but-true/202541.html
>anal-chair-death Boy Killed By Anal Penetrating ChairIN China, a fourteen-year-old boy was killed when chair he was sitting on exploded.

>Parts of the chair entered the boy’s rectum. The result was extensive bleeding. And it killed him.

Attached: diffchair.jpg (635x424, 54K)

another thing to worry about. nice

>see this pic 3 years ago
>immediately cut 3mm thick steel plate
>insert it in free space of chair just above 'killer road'

Don't use cheapest, shittiest chair imaginable and you are fine. How many cases of exploding markus have you heard about?

inb4 hundreds of hipsters recommending you buy a 1000USD Herman Memer to play video games and facebook

>Wasting any money on a chair

Attached: Royal_Street_Performer_-_Sitting_Man (1).jpg (400x600, 70K)

fake

I just have a thick pillow and blanket in between my ass and the chair. I should be relatively safe, right?

>I prefer to sit on dicks
Ok.

It will cushion a bit the penetration

Well that pic would return to hunt me for sure so why not solve problem with steel plate?

I like the Markus from Ikea for about $200. Firm leather seat, mesh back. Doesn't require the arms to be attached, which is a plus for me. I've been using it for about a year with no problems.

>leather
for what reason

it's really good though

I'm sitting on pic rel
What are the chances of getting ass raped by my chair

Attached: ikea_renberget.jpg (800x866, 94K)

>markus

Truly the reddit of chairs

>for what reason
Uhm sweaty, to accumulate sweat of course.

>nervously shifts on chair

Attached: 1511872812089.jpg (640x496, 51K)

Its not fake he has a metal base under the rug with a frame that goes up his pant leg and under his ass that he sits on.

Its a (lame) magic trick, not a fake pic.

This one.
Best 500 bucks I ever spent.
It goes back so far I could sleep in it if I wanted to.

Attached: fotel-ioo-bs-kmd31-24h-254.jpg (3340x5530, 1.01M)

I am currently seated in a huge armchair from the thrift store
feels good man

MARKUS
MARKUS
MARKUS

Shit, that pic makes me clench my ass cheeks.

Every day we increase the distance between us and goddy

Attached: IMG_20171116_182216.jpg (247x189, 11K)

Attached: d90.png (644x800, 15K)

this is mine
it's pretty decent

Attached: mirra-1_1000.jpg (1000x1000, 72K)

butcanyoudothis.opus

it just werks

I fucking hate that chair delete otherwise you risk 238% ass raped PER chair you own

I'm suddenly feeling very uncomfortable sitting here.

steelcase gesture with headrest if you want the best chair you can get (~$1,000 new, 12 year warranty, pic related)

for the best value, a steelcase leap used (~$300 refurbished, check your local craigslist

steelcase leap plus (~$800 new) if you're a fatass who weighs more than the 400lbs the regular leap is rated for

Attached: steelcase-gesture-headrest.jpg (1166x656, 77K)

>tfw /only/ 310lbs
>all chairs rated 400lbs or more wind up bending under my fat ass
>permanent leftward tilt on all chairs I use for longer than 3 months
I need to lose this weight, this shit is starting to cost me my sciatic nerve.

Alera ALEEBW4213 EB-W
Best chair for the price. The only slight downside is the arms don't lock in place (they click) and the chair isn't meant for anyone below 5'6".

Attached: 1530544661560-pol.jpg (182x278, 7K)

Get a higher end chair like
>Herman Miller Aeron
>Steelcase Leap
>Herman Miller Embody
>Steelcase Gesture

These are rated for 400lbs WITH a twelve year warranty, so they either use mesh or seat cushion designed for 8+hr/day every day office use and abuse, so the cushion material won't give out.

Embody is a love or hate $$$$ chair, but some people with sciatica find it to be immensely helpful.

Leap and Aeron are much easier to get used/refurbished for around $300 and you can flip the chair for the price you bought it for if you don't end up liking it.

>antimanlet chair
>downside

I'm not seeing the problem, dudeson.

amazon.com/Alera-ALEEBW4213-Pivot-Multifunction-Aluminum/dp/B014099PT8/

Attached: serveimage.jpg (500x500, 21K)

here
Of course
1) Losing weight would help

2) If you buy an Embody or Gesture used, you should get a minimum of 15% off list through an authorized seller

3) Any authorized seller worth their salt should offer a 30-45 day return policy with free return shipping on the Gesture or Leap so you can be sure the chair meets your needs before keeping.

I used to go through a $300 office chair in eighteen months (I only weigh 140lbs), the cushion would be gone and the material tearing, with the higher end chairs they're built in a very sturdy fashion with ergonomics.

I will tell you, try the chairs if possible. A lot of people love the Aeron. I hate it. The pecille material for the mesh tears khakis to shreds and the "waterfall edge" cuts off circulation to my legs.

put a steel plate between your asshole and the chair

this is why i squat on my chair

exercise ball best chair, anything else is a waste of money

>not wearing titanium chastity undies

Attached: 1530218849343-pol.jpg (268x442, 20K)

Currently have Serta Smart Layers Jennings Super Task Big and Tall Chair. Very happy.

does anyone sell kevlar panties?

all chairs are the same, you'll wind up with back pain in all of them. the only thing that works is zero gravity/full reclined/bed setups.

Oh wow, thanks! I'll take all this into consideration when I purchase a new chair soon. Any further info on sciatica-specific solutions? Why do people with sciatica prefer the Embody?

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spall

the HM embody and HM aeron generally force an upright position, the leap does to a lesser degree, and to allow for a variety of task seating, the Gesture does not force an upright position to nearly the same degree (see pic related, gesture allows for "new seating positions").

if you're already experiencing sciatic nerve pain, I would skip the gesture - the leap provides better support.

blog.szynalski.com/2017/08/review-herman-miller-embody/

ergohuman may be worth considering too

really you should talk to a doctor, humans are built differently and sciatic pain can have different causes.

Attached: gesture.png (668x652, 61K)

I'm curious, why do chairs even have the pneumatic height adjustment? Out of the dozens of chairs I've used, this is the #1 thing that breaks, usually within a few years. Maybe it's useful in public spaces, but for a personal desk chair? How often do you need to adjust your own height?

A screw mechanism is way more effective IMO. My guess is pneumatic has become so commonplace simply because they break easier and manufacturers can get customers in to buy a new chair more often.

Attached: 8d2.jpg (353x334, 15K)

I'm actually calling my dcotor's office now. I've been having trouble with my sciatic nerve for the past week or so and want to get that checked out. I've had this issue with chairs for some time now so that 12 year warranty is a pretty juicy

you retards are the literal equivalent of mactoddlers, wasting thousands on your facebook machines just because it has 'industrial design'

Because it breaks. That equals more שקל for the manufacturers.

people tend to be smart enough to not buy that sort of stuff at full price, laddie

Can you sue the retailer if this happens to you? I bought mine from Danish Jysk and dont even remember the manufacturers name. Probably some chinkshit.

No, people buy them because they're built to last with 12+ year warranties and non-stop usage and premium materials rather than the cheapest layer of foam possible with some pleather/fabric slapped on top of it.

Nobody pays list and a lot of people get these chairs used from office liquidations for $300 or less.

RIP sweaty ass (;

Just put a car seat on a cheap computer chair, shits comfy.

Attached: IMG_20180705_213453_HHT.jpg (565x995, 144K)

Most chairs in most environments are not seating one person. Pneumatic makes it low effort to adjust the height as people switch into different chairs. Examples: Conference rooms, or shared desks like receptionists or open work environments.

At home, usually one person isn't the only user of an office chair either.

how does that stay up? wtf

Stability?

You can't tip it over, even leaning all the way back with your arms outstretched and feet off the ground.

Attached: IMG_20180705_225601_HHT.jpg (750x1000, 218K)

so fucking cool. 'mirin

This is why I sit on a fitness ball and swerve on it. It's good for the hips too.

Attached: 1520627871993.png (480x360, 131K)

Looks like a pain the ass. Nice pic OP.

Attached: 1525801867542.jpg (400x600, 96K)

Yes, but how is he not falling over?

>be me
>own that same Ikea chair
>every now and then, screws from the bottom piece where the wheels attach keep breaking off

Ikea chairs aren't meant for fat people.

Attached: 20180705_172305.jpg (5312x2988, 3.54M)

there's two varieties of the trick: either you use a prop like a cane to go for full floating (which certain cultures like more) or you go for legs on the ground and rug like in the pic you linked to (in which case the support goes down the side of one of his legs, hidden by his pants as it goes to the ground).

Attached: invisible chair.jpg (600x598, 143K)

Damn we have the exact same chair.

Ahhh, I understand now.

Attached: 1511578926506.png (500x500, 34K)

So it's a Chinese corner-cutting problem, then?

>All these $500 chairs with plastic armrests

Attached: scrot.png (800x800, 413K)

Yes. You wouldn't get away with these sort of cost cuts in the US due to product liability concerns.

Your next of kin could.

lmao you're not spalling steel plate with a pneumatic explosion. The velocity is simply too low.

ugh!

everything is made in china, doesn't matter how much you pay, your ass is getting gassed

im not sure that's going to be enough, look at the pieces of the bottom metal plate broken on the floor
put 2 plates in

how do you know they're not doing the same as el-cheapo and charging you extra?

Why don't they just flip the hydraulics so that the shooting would happen towards the floor instead of upwards?

are you fucking blind
he's holding onto a pole

youtube.com/watch?v=wqQhQSbe6fw

I hate my Mirra. Looking for a replacement soon. Shitty uncomfortable seat and no head rest/true recline for lounging. Only redeeming features are armrests and breath ability of the back upholstery

European norm chairs got valves and intentionally weakened fracture points IIRC.

With not really designed crap you probably don't know what will happen, but these are surely rare even for China.

Attached: hag-futu_medium.jpg (404x458, 59K)

BTW try looking for: EN 1335 - HÅG Futu

If you want to find the norms such a chair is tested for. Sorry, can't hotlink the pdf here. It is rather interesting & many tests.

Unironically.

Attached: PewDiePie-Throttle-Gaming-Chair.png (5760x3840, 1.05M)

What is it with the unergonomic obesity thrones in every such thread?

Had comfort issues with the seat too. Completely solved them but putting a blanket over it.

>but
by*
it's due time to go to sleep

fuuuck you

That chair fucking sucks, I had it and it broke in less than a year, I’m only like 175 lbs. IKEA chairs are a meme

Attached: image.jpg (817x443, 92K)

office chairs cost more because they're a professional product built to last for real work environments.

bought mine for $300 off craigslist used. originally $800+ chair. Guy mostly collected them wholesale from Boeing and other huge employers and did minor repairs for profit

Check your local craigslist or other online resell site for a used Steelcase Leap or Hermeme-Miller Aeron. They can be regularly found for around $300.

I personally have a Steelcase Leap and it's the best chair I've ever sat in. I got lucky though and got one for free. Some lady was throwing it out. She just moved into a house, said the previous tenant left it, and she didn't care for it.

>and vagina were pierced
she has good posture

Attached: 1529073300101.jpg (900x1200, 228K)

> a professional product built to last for real work environments
I'm not sure that's the main reason.

My guess is more that they're produced at comparatively small scale [don't think that there are many non-Ikea models that sold dozens or hundreds of millions] and bulky and don't sell quickly.

Attached: dauphin_xcode.jpg (1500x1500, 88K)

Any comments on a Humanscale Diffrient World?

Attached: images.jpg (384x384, 9K)

thefuck
I have the exact same chair

Attached: 1527519134936.jpg (296x296, 10K)

Attached: traditional-wooden-chair-500x500.jpg (500x500, 35K)

I fucking hate this one
It's all squeaking and the fake leather has completely worn down on the area where I sit