/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

The Return of the Weeb

>Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
- FAQ pastebin.com/thLgSkNE
- WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers
- PYRAMID i.imgur.com/Xb6bazc.jpg
- INVITE FORUMS imgur.com/a/jmAJNyN
- SPREADSHEET docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zYZ2107xOZwQ37AjLTc5A4dUJl0ilg8oMrZyA0BGvc0/edit#gid=1357476050
- TEN CURRY COMMANDMENTS pastebin.com/raw/dBbdE73M
- TEN NEON COMMANDMENTS pastebin.com/raw/Ud2pGYaE

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only. Don't offer or ask for invites.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.

News:
1 week freeleech on OT
PTP tracker STILL fucking up
GGn https tracker STILL fucking up
GGn 0.5x download
GGn applications still open
RED contest over, still no tokens, riot imminent

Previous thread:

Attached: 87958742648.jpg (960x1080, 211K)

Other urls found in this thread:

files.catbox.moe/h9el1p.webm
reddit.com/r/DataHoarder/comments/7fx0i0/wd_easystore_8tb_compendium
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for based weeb bread.

second

third for
>tfw waiting for invite

Third for I predict a riot.

Attached: 1514256325685.png (998x1500, 2.38M)

Yeah, there have been peer leaks before.

I know its summer, but get a life neon fagoot
hooking generals, not even making it to the bump limit.

Attached: 137593505136.jpg (240x320, 14K)

Attached: awa7.jpg (1400x1325, 161K)

Local, there are dockers floating about that make it easy to ensure vpn only

autism.txt

seething...hahaha

Attached: PYQsTA1.jpg (1000x847, 191K)

is posting manga to red worth it?

Attached: 1493962035485.png (789x720, 434K)

No, it goes on OT.

not that kinda of manga buddy

I see you!

Attached: 5b34.png (745x1073, 731K)

does Bibliotik still have recruitment for HDBits?

where the fuck did my freeleech tokens go
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

oldfags need to send nudes

Attached: 1516873208459v2.thumb.png.f545c9bc20347c23f20677ef241d24e4.png (1000x563, 47K)

No

i guess red is hard economy?

Upload obscure and local shit in FLAC, MP3 320, and V0, use your freeleech tokens to immediately grab staff picks, and if you really want to, auto-snatch 2018 FLAC releases.

It's not impossible, it's just tedius

it's a fat meme

Yes, but it's no longer in the normal invite section
Yes. No BP = hard economy

>no longer in the normal invite section
what did you mean by this?

Attached: fragezeichenschülerin.jpg (225x225, 13K)

It's now in a class restricted forum. You need to reach the ElitePlus class bib have been trialling.

why do people use seedboxes?

Some people do it for security reasons if they're worried about getting caught torrenting shit, transferring to/from a single IP of their seedbox is much safer and harder to track. Also there's some added convenience involved especially if you want to snatch a ton of shit quickly.

Of course there are also those that use it as a way to get more buffer than they will ever need as well, but I think that's pretty far down the list of why I'd actually use one if I ever felt like scraping the money together for it. Seems a bit pricy for me though considering I get by fine without one

ElitePlus, eh? What are the requirements for that?

because they want to game the system and hoard buffer for absolutely no reason

Some people are stuck with ADSL @ sub 2mbps upload and a seedbox is the only way to survive.

my ass, this isn't 2005. the people with shit connections on private trackers basically don't exist anymore.

>Is that even a risk on PTs?
IPT stole peers for their tracker once?

any recs for 10tb drives for my NAS? I run plex off it.

I don't know where you all came from.
but go back to that shithole

Absolutely false.
My upload maxes out at 200KiB/s and I don't use a seedbox.

Attached: .jpg (2590x3624, 970K)

shuck wd mybook

Was kind of more the fault of dumb users who used the same account info on both sites rather than the tracker. But I guess any PT can have dumb users compromise your security

Honestly I'm not sure how much upload bandwidth matters on private trackers anyway, since unless you're the initial seeder you're rarely going to be maxed out anyway and it's just gradual over long-term that really matters

My home connection has shit upload. I use my seedbox whenever I upload a new torrent to a tracker so I don't have to leave my PC running for like 3 days straight. Also comes with the added benefit of getting more than 1.1 ratio on my own uploads.

Outside of RED and BiB it really doesn't. Upload like 1 thing and then use that buffer to leach as much BP content as possible and you can be set for life on any tracker.

Most of my upload credit on bib came from filling requests or uploading an audiobook that got snatched like one time 2 weeks later...

you also probably complain every day about your small upload on red

>Absolutely false
Subsisting is not existing.
Even if your connection was maxed out all year you would get a little over 6tb upload. There is no way you are running max 24/7, most peers would ignore you. A really generous estimate is you get 2tb upload a year, between trackers. Not even worth bothering with desu.

I don't. My ratio on RED is 3+ and I download whatever I want.
The only place I'm hurting is BIB, and books are small anyway. Still positive ratio there, just less than 5GB buffer.
All you have to do to be successful with bad download speed is seed a lot of torrents, your upload will be maxed out at all times.

Fuck, meant to say upload speed.
Most trackers have bonus points, user.
PTP, AB, BTN is ratioless.
Really just RED and BIB have hard economies.
My upload absolutely is maxed out all of the time.

You can easily make more than that in Yen on AB alone. Just because your up speed is shit doesn't mean you have to use shitty trackers.

what is shuck? remove the drive?

yeah...

Attached: file.png (279x31, 790)

Even maxed is 6tb a year. I'd probably just stream if I had to go back to those kinds of speeds. Or more likely would rent a seedbox for one month a year to make 50-100tb of upload, between my trackers, to live on.
>AB
>not shitty trackers
hmmm

i'm the star of this thread WEEB

Attached: 1530667971003.gif (720x828, 164K)

AB is more stable than GGN, PTP and AHD, is by far the easiest to gain buffer and has everything you could ever want as a weeb. Except a GF.

>I'd probably just stream if I had to go back to those kinds of speeds.
???
streaming is just gross, user
don't behave like an unwashed pleb
with shit speed streaming becomes unbearable even if it's shit quality

>as a weeb
even worse than subsisting on crumbs

Xth for "What's a Neon"?

PTP HOW

OP READ

bring chunckylover back from the dead

Even Bib gives you enough initial buffer to download like 6GB of stuff without getting anywhere near ratio watch. As long as you're not snatching tons of audiobooks or comics or something that will go a very long way, I've been a member over 4 years and still used less than a gig myself

Yeah. For some drives it's cheaper to buy the external USB variant than the hard drive that sits inside it, so people buy them and remove the enclosure.

You can stream 4k netflix with 16/2mbps ADSL. If I had to use that type of connection, and seedboxes didn't exist, I'd absolutely stream rather than live off 6tb a year crumbs. I'm not having time sucked up for not even one HDD worth of content, I'd stream or not bother watching tv and movies.

Most people on BiB only care about
>muh hdb recruitment

files.catbox.moe/h9el1p.webm
your all gay

Does HDB even still recruit there? I never bothered when it was open since it seemed like a pain in the ass to upload that much shit when I already have PTP/BTN and don't really look forward to having to work my way up in a new tracker I might not even need

is the recruiter on GGn still alive?

6TB a year is enough for some people to download anything they want.

Nope; hilariously, anyone there now is wasting their time.

thanks I'll look into that

no he died

No idea, is that someone else?

Well, there is a precedent so they might open it up again some day

they don't read?

Only an extra 5GB upload (now 25GB), but 1000 uploads instead of 100.

Yeah just search for popular drive variants to shuck, usually you'll find tutorials on the best way to remove the enclosure and stuff too and can also make sure they don't use some weird encryption that will get in the way when you stick it in your case. (That's rare but it does happen sometimes.) I know off the top of my head the WD 8TB easystores you get at Best Buy have been a really popular staple for this since they contain WD red equivalents and are relatively cheap. Not sure about 10TBs though

Yes

reddit.com/r/DataHoarder/comments/7fx0i0/wd_easystore_8tb_compendium

another day another 0mb upload on red

Attached: yande.re 314869 ass bra cameltoe cleavage feet kasumigaoka_utaha open_shirt pantsu pantyhose sawamur (1920x1080, 674K)

I AM BIG PIMPIN SEED ON PASSINGTHEPOPCORNS

Why upload? It's easier to just download until you get banned and then get a new account

awesome thank you

is it ok to suck dicks?

what is your connection?
what do you fap to?

Just got my db9 invite

hello there :^)

yuri!

just got my db9 invite

Fake
Possibly not fake

What's easiest way into HDB or madokami these days?

Just got my IPT invite

For madokami, sucking Dick. (Worked for me)

Just got my WCD invite

what? wcd was eternally btfo you sack. now we're all at apollo.

just got my BCG invite

Just got my PTP invite

just got my AoM invite

just got my gf invite

when is NoS coming back

just got my mam invite

that would be such a hassle for nothing

50/10 and i fap to very degenerate shit

:^)

Attached: yande.re 303333 kyuri seifuku yuri.jpg (2126x3000, 3.56M)

Someone ever used soulseek to get more ratio on RED?