Is this a good tech salary?

Attached: 1505326312346.png (405x528, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

teamblind.com/articles/Compensation
levels.fyi/
leetcode.com/problemset/all/
levels.fyi/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Meh, it's no Google L6. I saw today that salary has risen to 9 million

fucking kek. enjoy living in a cardboard box.

Attached: Capture.png (1167x736, 349K)

How long til the stocks vest

depends on how old you are. if you're 22 it's good, if you're 28 it's missing a 0.

Am I actually supposed to be making those figures right now or soon? I'm 21 and making 50k/yr in software dev. Why would they be willing to pay so fucking much when its not a quarter as hard as being a doctor or some shit?

You can get 200k TC as a new grad from any of the FAANG in the bay area.

location is very important to consider when looking at salaries.
$185k is not a joke, but it's also not a lot considering the position is in the bay area.

>As a new grad
Please dont be memeing me I'm going to look into this

That's middle class money in the bay area.

>tfw 23 and only making 120k

Not gonna make it, am I ?

>23
>$70k in Denver
>more than enough to live comfortably and still max out a Roth IRA each year
Thank god I don’t live on the worst coast where a studio apartment surrounded by shitskins is $150k

Attached: CAB290C5-8666-4B55-B272-8DEDC3AC6E4D.jpg (500x494, 114K)

What's your rent?

$600 for a bedroom and bathroom in a 4-bedroom house. Two roommates.
Apartments would be slightly cheaper but fuck apartments.

teamblind.com/articles/Compensation
levels.fyi/

>Living with other people

Absolutely 3rd world

come to bay area, join faang, then transfer to denver team in a year or 2, and lock in that bay area salary user

Is this from Python? C#? What are you working with?

>room mates
DROPPED

brainlet in college here who cant choose a major what do I choose if I just want to make money like a soulless cretin

i have a handfull of business college classes will I make it as an accountant or should I switch to some techie shit

computer science, but only you are top 10%

Everything in LA is over inflated because a 1 bedroom apartment not in the ghetto costs 4000 dollars a month

forgot to mention im going into my junior year btw

Pretty good if you use that signing bonus for a pimped out sprinter van and live in the parking lot at work. 185 in the bay area is roughly equivalent to 50 in baton rouge.

How come the salary is so high when it comes to tech?

I only get 100,000 USD. Texas. As full stack nodejs developer. 2 years experience. I am so jealous.

then study up for the coding interview, ace it, and get the 200k leetcode.com/problemset/all/

nice

you work in any of the big 4?

yes, my w2 will show around 350k this year

I make 140k + stock in Texas. Bay area salaries are crazy.

WTF? I only make 75,000 a year. Ruby on rails developer. Straight out of college though.

Houston.

how much from that goes to taxes?

50%?

I max out my Roth IRA, max out my 401k, max out my after tax 401k, and deposited 70k USD in my after tax brokerage account last year. Overall net worth increase of 150k USD lasy year. The delusions you flyoverfags have over Bay Area costs are hilarious.

40% if no 401k contribution, did you know you can max out social security tax?

i'm from yuropoor

What about your HSA?

Forgot about that. My employer gives me a free $1000 in it every year, so I only need to add around $2000.

Does N stand for Nintendo?

Did you get a job before you moved there or did you move first and get job after?
I've heard from a coworker they got flown over to do an in-person interview with Amazon(he didn't get it)

I was already there for college (Stanford), got a job offer before graduating.

Post your rent and salary and years experience please, I've been here two years and it's just too expensive

$2200 a month for a 1 bedroom apartment a 8 minute bike ride from the office.
Salary is a meaningless number. I don't live paycheck to paycheck. My w2 income last year was 260k USD, with 3 years of experience.

>mfw average tech salary out of college is ~20k here

Attached: 1530794871420.jpg (384x288, 24K)

>260k USD, with 3 years of experience.

That's ridiculously high. You got a PhD or some shit? Wtf are you doing?

No that's standard. I write Javascript apps.

faangs start new grad at 200k now, if he is a superstar he could hit 300k and above

It is not you fucking liar, you realize people on this thread have access to indeed/Glassdoor/etc?

itt: people thinking that OPs salary is crazy when 95% of it will go housing, taxes and living.

Maybe Netflix does but that's because you get no benefits

>not living in a van and using mcdonalds wifi and public charging stations
never gonna make it

>indeed/Glassdoor
HAHAHAHAHA, stay poor, read this and weep levels.fyi/

takes 2 years to go from l3 to l4 at goog, and you can definitely make 300k+ at l4

At least you're not 33 making 40k

why the FUCK are american salaries so high?

Attached: file.png (755x917, 581K)

how do i learn to do these if i havent taken ds&algorithms class?

t. incoming cs freshman

freedom

they will teach them in cs 101 and 201 classes

so how do i get a headstart for that 200k starting total compensation?

They need it to stay afloat from all the jewishness.
Even then, most end up in debt forever.

get internships

I dk if you're joking, but netflix

Boy genius making 99k in LA @ 22, ama

itt: a bunch of poorfag systems admins roleplaying as people with high salaries

are you living with 5 roommatse?

>$70k in Denver

What the fuck, I make $105k + 15k in bonuses and I'm the same age as you, I would honestly get out of where you are working

70k doesn't sound livable for Denver, but I live in Boulder

live with my also-in-tech gf
1bedroom

i graduated with an IT degree, but have spent the past year doing data science at my internship. do i have a chance at a sweet starting salary?

were u an average student? know how to code before uni?

Ha, smalltime.

I'm 24 and I earn less than $12,000 a year. I live in the southwest US, and the only outside support I get is living in an extra room in my parent's house.

I save the vast majority of what I earn but jesus christ, I can't even imagine earning $50,000 a year, let alone fucking 180k. It's just so far outside of what I've ever experienced, I literally cannot fathom what it's like.

Attached: 1491936401030.jpg (480x522, 34K)

nigga what. interns make more than u

1. decent student but not anything crazy
2. just barely; some basic python
advice would be to apply to lots of jobs (I did 60+) and build a portfolio instead of getting good grades
classes/grades are a waste when you can just practice tons on leetcode & do stupid well on whiteboard interviews

Benefits of being a smalltime youtuber. The money sucks but I don't do well with bosses and supervisors so, eh

Attached: 1529084419286.png (314x228, 73K)

>what it's like.
feels good man

Attached: 1516140074723.png (430x129, 10K)

1.8mil in 28? Damn...

What do you do?

Fag

freedom

What the fuck? Why does most people make 200k~800k here?

Impossible to end up in debt when you earn 400k a year

I only make 135k a year as Java Spring developer. I live in New York City. My life still sucks. I cannot afford a house. I can only afford a car. Still rent.

Job is comfy though.

$200k straight ouut of school? Wouldn't they be paying like $500k in Bay Area then? Damn son.

>22
>7 yrs of experience

he's talking about bay area total comp.

because we took the stem pill

Yeah. Good thing i took STEM. My brother went to liberal art degree ans now he is homeless living with my mom. I give him some money monthly to help pay the bills.

My wage sucks though. Only 90k, i worked overtime for 1 hour everyday. I use mostly Sails and ReactJS framework at work. I hope by the time i am 29 years old i will be making 120k a year. I just recently graduate 7 months ago

>$120k remote job in a lcol area w/ no state tax
>take home pay is higher than if I made $200k and had to pay CA tax and rent

plus I can actually afford to buy a house here if I want

living the dream boys. Why haven't you taken the remote pill yet?

You live in NYC and own a car? Why?

200k is entry level. With 5 years of experience you're looking at 300-400k.

I want to have a car because that is the place i can get laid to be honest. My apartments sucks. I use uber for work mostly though.

I don't have 5 years experience, though.

Who /FIRE/ here? I've got 10 years left at current savings rate until I can retire.

What does total comp mean? Does the stocks count towards total comp? You don't get stock shares every year do you?

At google if you are any good you can ramp to 300k within 2 years. 400k is only a few more years after that.

How much do you intend to retire with?

The number you report as income to the government for tax purposes.

typically the stock you see discussed on teamblind is 4 year vest. so tc = base + bonus + stock/4

some people adds signon/4 to the tc, some don't

people actually fuck in cars?

t. 18yo virgin

yee. prob just /fi/ for me though.

vtsax all the way. simple path

Total comp is a lie sf-area programmers tell to make their e-peens look better.

If you're including stock appreciation of $GOOG as part of your income, then I my "total comp" should include the stocks in google I bought that are appreciating in my brokerage account.

How much can you be saving every year living in Bay Area with 200k salary?

It's not a lie. Stocks are income. You can sell them and get cash. They get taxed just like cash by the government. RSUs are an interest free loan on the underlying stock.