Should I get a Raspberry Pi?

Should I? If so, what can I do with it?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.png (1560x975, 423K)

It can basically do everything, but not in a way that is easy to set up, to maintain, efficient or feesible in the long run.

Better build a small computer for virtualization or docker.

You need another computer, and it needs to be a $35 USD poo in the loo special.

So instead of getting a Raspberry Pi I should get a shitty laptop in Curry's or PC World?

Are you a phone poster or is something wrong with the machine you're on right now?

If you have the time to thinker with it sure, since you will be searching why something that works flawlessly on a PC crashes, lags on a Pi.
Mine was collecting dust until I bought an SSD for my desktop and used the old drive with the Pi as a torrent box, pretty nice since having it on all day costs me less than a dollar a month.

I think the only point you have here is that it's not easy to set up.

For most users, a Pi *could* completely replace their home computers. The only people who can't are gamers, video editors, and people working with large amounts of data.

Attached: 1526886845729.png (1027x563, 571K)

What do you want to do?

You can learn how to use GPIO to blink LEDs, use sensors, and control electromotors.
You can make a home media server.
You can make a silent web server.
You can make a console emulator box (RetroPI).
You can make a environmental monitoring box.
You can control a robot.

The Pi is a very cheap ARM computer with a large number of input/output pins and a surprisingly powerful graphics chip.
Buy it if you want to, don't buy it if you don't. It is that simple.

>torrent box
Nice, I've been wanting to set one up for just that purpose. First I'm going to be getting an external drive enclosure and use it as a backup server.

>Should I?
"No!"

Which one is more efficient to build a password cracking rig: GPU or Rasp Pi

Attached: hhh.png (189x204, 23K)

>what can I do with it?
1. Make a lot of plans to do cool things with your cheap computer.
2. Spend 127 hours re-compiling various distros to try to get it to do something useful.
3. Give up and put it on the corner of your desk.
4. Go on Reddit and talk about how awesome the R-Pi is with fellow shut-ins.
5. Get really mad when Raspberry releases a new Pi that's twice as fast and has gibbaboot netherfitooth built-in and 75 picaRAMs for $6.99.
6. GOTO 1

The family have all the consoles available, Xbone, PS4, Vita, Wii U and Switch but I still go back to my Retro Pi build with 8bitdo controller. Comfy.

I wouldn't listen to anyone on here. I bet 99% of the fuckers wouldn't know where to start when building a PC never mind setting up a Raspberry Pi.

If you want to pay a few pounds sterling for something to tinker with the go right ahead.

And the next fucker who says "kino" on here is going to get a fucking slap.

Attached: son1.jpg (425x370, 19K)

Rasp Pi + external GPU

Yes, definitely over a chromecast. Now you can send youtube videos with the youtube addon on the pi. Honestly I'm using a pi I bought in 2011 and still taking advantage of it. if I were you I'd want for a pi with x265 support or buy an nvidia shield instead if you have the cash.

By the way if you have an old pi go for osmc and don't use openelec, it has given me problems with my wifi dongle and the KORE remote app and all the other remote apps

External GPU over USB2 that actually supports OpenCL or CUDA. That must be some good shit you're smoking.

Think of it as a decade old computer you got for cheap, except in a handier form factor (if you aren't using it as an overpowered MCU)

I use mine for monitoring humidity and temperatures and automatically regulate humidity for my reptile enclosure.

Are there any alternatives to raspberry pi that can run completely on free software or are in some other way better than the rpi?

The only viable use for the piece of shit that is the pi is pihole.

I got one, and after looking at it, realized I could just make apps for my phone that would accomplish the same thing. Unless you're going to be using the GPIO pins, there's no reason to buy one.

Attached: iu.png (500x365, 207K)