Apart from the hate that I have to suffer are there any reasons to switch from Java to another language if I don't do...

Apart from the hate that I have to suffer are there any reasons to switch from Java to another language if I don't do performance critical stuff?

Attached: Java_Logo.png (225x225, 4K)

> performance critical stuff

Java performs well, compared to python / ruby / javascript

java the language is painfully verbose
java the platform is polyglot and quite good, my weapon of choice every day of the week

Yeah, I'm meant compared to C++.

>painfully verbose

Use project Lombok.

>java the language is painfully verbose
which is good for big projects that have people come and go, you spend less time trying to teach a Pajeet or a java newfag what the code does or how to maintain it

so you're saying it performs like ass?
and that's before you factor in people not following conventions and triggering lazy-loads of half their fucking database with each interaction.
got a new job with zero java lined of later this year and i won't be looking back.

just use c instead lmao

Not really. If the language is fit for purpose, use it. I find java easier to work with for some projects because it happens to have built in support for stuff that require third party libs in other comparable languages. For example http and json. Of course you could argue that's just being lazy and you'd be right.

Attached: 1529540664839.jpg (363x363, 30K)

Java has built in JSON serialization and deserialization? I've been using Jackson all this time because I thought it didn't

Use scala instead. Or if that's too much for you, use kotlin.

Why though? I mean I know Java. Why should I put it in all the work to learn a new language? There has to be a really good reason.
It feels like hating Java has become a boomer meme. Even normies jumped on the hate bandwagon.

>Why should I put it in all the work to learn a new language?
Your needs WILL change and learning a new language will probably keep you bills paid.

People like you are the reason everyone hates Java developers.
I worked with a group that would reinvent the fucking wheel in order to use Java. My first week there I encountered thousands of lines of in-house Java data analysis libraries that I rendered obsolete in 40 minutes of fucking around with Python and pandas.

I wouldn't do that, you dimwit. That would be a valid reason to use another language.
However Java gets hate just for existing. Even fucking normies at my company hate Java and they don't even know why.
Besides what you're describing has nothing to do with Java itself but more with in-house vs outsourcing.

Internet points

Attached: 1530734522588.png (778x720, 258K)

Java is a carefully designed language. It is not a well-designed language.

what's an example of a well designed language

In $CURRENT_YEAR with .NET Core there's no reason not to use C# instead, which is java done right

Switch for what? You use what your employer requires you to use and then you use whatever you want outside of that. O wait you're probably not employed. Got it.

I am employed but I don't work at a software company so they don't give a fuck what I use.
That's why it's so annoying when even normies who don't program sneer at me using Java.

>using windows
>using mono

no thanks

.net core doesn't require neither windows nor mono

Stop memeing C you literal boomers, computers got faster and everybody browses websites these days anyway, why everything isn't on a webpage with cloud service yet is beyond me.

>Compiles from bytecode to machine code on the fly
>Compiles to your exact CPU and applies optimizations accordingly
>Tiered compilation uses execution statistics to apply optimizations knowing ahead of time how frequently branches are taken
>Built-in algorithms and data structures are extremely efficient
>G1GC can get 99.999% throughput with minimal tuning out of box
Honestly unless you're Terry A Davis tier, Java will probably outperform anything you'll write in C++. If you aren't familiar with the free chain and how heap fragmentation impacts the performance of malloc calls, and you don't have a good understanding of different memory allocator implementations work, I can almost guarantee your code is slower than Java. The reason to hate Java is that it's clunky and the platform authors are too timid about advancing the language, not because of performance.

Also, I forgot to mention. C++ is arguably as retarded as Java in terms of clunkiness. If you're going to bother writing native code, at least use actual C.

What do you think the browser is written in, you dumb dumb?

what do you think the bios microcode is written in retard kys

>any reasons to switch from Java to another language
- Learning a new language is always a good thing.
- Most other languages are better then Java so it'll be downhill ride.
- More languages on the resume = more work you can apply for
- Free from the depredations of Oracle