/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in boards.Jow Forums.org/g/#s=csg

Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread: Argons are good, but not great edition: hifiguides.com/

Attached: 91Zm2uREGrL._SX466_.jpg (466x581, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0TH-001X-001F7&ignorebbr=1
youtube.com/watch?v=0UGtjJYVew4
xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html#toc_intro
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

buy stax

this, everybody should get Stax, even older stax cause they still sound good

buy stax

garbage thread

lol weeb fags btfo

what headphones are those? asking for my wife's son

Would still appreciate an answer to this.

Monolith M1060c...

Attached: 5R1A8DD.jpg (6016x4000, 1.32M)

Attached: 161598DA-747A-436F-BFC4-1600017688EE.jpg (2100x2564, 1.04M)

Ant

Attached: ghjghy.jpg (400x400, 14K)

>planar
yucky

TDK WR700 uwu

Give it back Jamal.

do you guys think nostaxfrog user's dad will ever forgive him

no, I'd never forgive my son if "he" bough planar of Electrostats

over*

thats true, what a disappointing son he must be

sold his dads medication and didnt even buy estats

My condolences on the HD700.

good DAC and AMP for Focal Clear? price doesnt matter much but preff < $2k

>Focal Clear
What tech is that?

>Focal Clear
would you like a noise focusing magnet, or room atmosphere ionizing powders, or cable crystals for that setup user? maybe a wood statue in the corners that's designed to "reflect the sound produced by the headphones, and condition the rooms acoustics for headphones"

O2 and then use the rest to buy stax

Why?

Attached: 53336F4A-5BC6-46B1-ADE2-12455133A732.jpg (3024x3905, 1.9M)

Idol trash goes to sleep. Regardless:
What's your setup like, user?

Attached: 1525213837188.png (1280x721, 974K)

stop larping moron i seriously need good DAC and AMP, cba \w schiit stack (what i got atm)

Does she take creampies?

Apparently yes. I just finished her route.
What's your setup like, user?

Cannot post rn but HD600/ER4SR/chink IEMs+O2.

Pretty good.
Good night :)

Attached: 1499838706058.png (1280x721, 999K)

Gnight. Post H scenes next time

Nah, that's for HD600 owners only.
Can't be posting in here, there's too many kids with shitphones ;)

>in the price doesnt matter range and didnt buy stax
sad, this could have been prevented

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0TH-001X-001F7&ignorebbr=1
Anyone use these? What are some good bluetooth ear buds that work well with activities like running?

>good bluetooth
no such thing
>good ear buds
no such thing

>Budget
$200-$200 AUD
>Location
Australia
>Source
My desktop computer
>Type of headphone
Full sized
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Comfortable, wouldn't mind dropping comfort if there is a large increase in quality

campfire audio iems, don't waste your money on bluetooth

take that money, buy an o2, and some l700 stax, since those stax will sound better than focal clears with any dac/amp combo ever made

Not looking for audio quality, build quality. I need something that can handle being wet for 30-60 minutes as I'm sweating. I want bluetooth so I don't have to mess about with a player/phone as I'm moving around in the gym. I don't want something that goes around my neck, or has cords, because it's going to be caught on something. If the charge for each bud only lasts an hour, I'm fine with that.

buy stax, avoid blax

if I was your father I would be so ashamed that a headphone cable of all things was too much for you to handle

are there any wireless over ears that aren't shit yet?

Look nigger, I don't want to have to hold onto a phone or mp3 player when I'm running. I don't want to wear one of those faggot ass arm straps for it. I don't want the cables getting caught up as they whip around and my elbow pulls the fucking bud out and it goes flying around, wrapped around a leg, and the things are fucking ripped in two. Answer the fucking question or fuck off, nigger.

sad

stax is a meme

Cringe

not really

why not Utopia + MK2 + some dac? dunno which one yet

serious answer here. You wont be disappointed

Attached: moon230.jpg (1000x540, 57K)

Are sony MDR-1A 's as comfy as bose QC25's?

you can drop $10 grand on dynamic or planar headphones and it will always sound worse than $2k on electrostatics. the technology is just superior.

got any proof of that? like articles

>Cringe
Coming from zoomers that spend $1000 on 'audiophile ear buds' for the gym.

its pretty widely accepted. every audiophile forum more or less agrees on this and the main argument against electrostatics is that they're expensive. all of the top headphones ever made are electrostatic, like the top stax omegas, the shangri la, and the sennheiser orpheus. its a weird thing to demand articles about. you should be researching it yourself since this should be obvious to you if you knew enough about the hobby.

take it from tyll, the most respected figure in headphones who frequently named them the best headphones ever made

youtube.com/watch?v=0UGtjJYVew4

alright, so STAX SR-009 it is for headphones, which electrostatic amp do i pick, and dac

>backpedaling
>not citing sources
>making up shit after shit
>appeal to authority
lol maybe fuck off and actually provide proof Electrostats aren't garbage friend.

there's a successor to the 009, the 009S which was recently released and from current impressions seems to be an overall improvement

the amp itself is harder to pick. high end amp the classic answer is the headamp blue hawaii which is $6-7k but it's a tube amp

the solid state recommendations are usually the KGSS variants or the stax 353X itself which is about $1k

dac is hard to choose, you really don't need much of a dac but the rme adi 2 dac is popular right now for being high performance and having a lot of features

nah, no thanks, not going to bother engaging you after a low effort flaming response like that. you do some reading or you don't.

the burden of proof falls onto you my retarded friend

Going to purchase apple airpods, suck my ass poorfags.

my headphones cost more than your iphone x2 :^( I hate myself

thanks for the laugh

This is something I've noticed millennials love to do. Whenever a point of contention comes up millennials will demand citations and journal articles very specifically proving exactly the point that was made. If the articles are presented then the source is attacked with something like "sample size" or "that's not specific enough." The millennial will then claim that since a scientific journal specifically proving exactly what was said couldn't be found, whatever the millennials belief was is by default correct. (The millennial doesn't need to provide anything of course.)

You wanna see a wino bring the wine out

Conversly, they'll buy any overpriced chink shit, so long as the packaging looks cool, and the product has a 'story' to it. Especially if it is something that is 'small batch' and/or 'exclusive' and makes them 'sacrifice' their time (stand in a line for it) so they feel some sort of 'connection' to the thing they are buying.
See: SUPREME
See: iPhones
See: Nike drops

wrong. i wanted actual articles/blog posts that are not shilled or by a review company with actual technical details unlike journal articles

all 3 of you are morons

xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html#toc_intro

is example of a proper technical article

Wanting an article to "prove" a subjective opinion is fucking retarded. How about you stop drinking onions lattes and cut out the prozac and think for once you small souled bugman freak.

Who ever ain't get it ain't supposed to

i dont consume either of those things but keep larping with your capitalized sentences

My old Sennheiser HD 202 gave up on me and I picked up my brother's JBL and they didn't sound good at all. Maybe after listening to a whole lot of metal, rock and heavy music in general, my ears have gotten used to a certain quality. Can you please recommend me something as a successor to my HD 202?

I looked up the advise guide and here is what I'm looking for:

>budget:
Ideally in the 150's range, but if you think I should invest more, please do elaborate.

>closed or open
My old headphones were closed and though my ears did get a bit sweaty at times, I don't really mind. So closed.

>location
ON, Canada

>comfort
I want to hear good music at all costs. Anything more comfortable than my old headphones will do. I care much more about my music.

>source
My PC and laptop. I would be willing to invest in an amplifier because I've heard good things about it. I'll explain reasons below.

>background
I've never really been too much into music until last year when I started listening to classical rock with my crappy Skullcandy earphones. One find day, in my dorm, I found a pair of HD 202 whose owner was my friend. He had abandoned them and left and I knew he didn't want these anymore. When I listened to my collection on these, I found myself lost in musical paradise. Everything sounded better, the guitar, the distortion, the piano, the voice, everything. I loved these headphones to the point I used rubber band to hold the audio jack together because the speaker in one ear had stopped working and I had to twist and fold the cable to make it work. I used it this way for over five months, faithfully. I tried on my brother's JBL and I found it disgusting. I was in love with my headphones and now it's finally dead. Please help me find another.

You're a bug.

Takstar pro 82 or ATH MSR7

stop listening to anime music

Nothing wrong with nightcore

Anime website

Attached: 30_year_old_boomer_awoo.png (900x900, 348K)

Thanks, user. What about amplifiers, will I need them?

Just go and try them at your local store, or somewhere on a trip, if you have doubts about Stax.
On my trip to Japan I just decided to try them, because why not? Had to buy second luggage for amplifier the next day.

Daily reminder that you cant buy musical taste

No, those animus songs are not adult music, you're embarassing.

I feel like my HD 4.40s that I use for work sound better than my DT880 600ohms. Does that mean I need a better amp setup than this meme FiiO E10k? Or am I just cucked all around?

>FiiO E10K

Don't chink yourself

Was on sale when I bought it so I figured I'd use it as a placeholder sort of deal until I can get a better setup (mostly due to moving around a lot). Guess I'll look into a big boy setup sometime soon now that I'm settled in.

Can I ask what's wrong with it? Other than maybe it wouldn't be much of an upgrade for people with good onboard sound system in their PCs.

>running deaf
Happy Darwin Reward.

Pro tip: Dont listen to music when doing exercise

My hd600 arrived, thanks for the user that recommended it. They are great

Attached: 1527768291856.jpg (500x637, 107K)

Probably me (Idol Trash).
Glad you're enjoying them. You should post more detailed first impressions!

I have one for more than a year but I only used it once because the "HIGH VOLTAGE" warning is scaring me off. Doesn't sound any better than the LCD, T1 or even Ether either.

One of us! One of us! One of us!

Do not forget to stay around. We don't have anywhere near enough HD600 owners here.

I got HD600 a couple months ago but I barely use them.
Since I mostly do gaming I actually prefer my gaming headset over the HD600, and I find it hard to find reasons to use the HD600, only times I use them are when producing music, but I don't do that all that often.

Is the Noble Katana better than the Andromeda? I feel like I should give them both an audition first.

Pic and timestamp required.

Get a modmic. OP links for examples.

Hello Iam from another board and need quick redpill on this from you mutts:
>Budget
~120€ soft cap
>Location
EU
>Source
PC
>Type of headphone
Full but not ear enclosing (infection issues)
>Open or closed
Yea open
>Comfort level
All day degeneracy
>Sound signature
I can get big annoyed by too much bass
>Past headphones
Some Sennheisers. I liked how they were basically indestructible only stopped working when in several pieces.

>~120€ soft cap
Break that budget and get HD600.
>poorfag not-really alternatives buyable in €
k702, HD579, ad900x, ad700x, ad500x, dt880-600Ω,-250Ω.

It's not about the microphone. The weight, openness, bass and overall 3D audio feel of my gaming headset is much better, it's also much lighter on my ears, as it doesn't clamp down hard.

Sure bro.

Im going to be honest I haven't listened to a large enough sum of high quality headphones to give an accurate review/comparison, perhaps in the future when I do
Sure I will stick around

will this be a good buy? i can get it for

You seem to like them though. Maybe just post some first impressions. What did you hear that convinced you they're good?

forgot pic

Attached: 51nfwvQu4LL._SL1000_.jpg (1000x1000, 47K)