Overclocking

Finally decided to overclock my cpu. Its an AMD FX-4300 with a base clock of 3.8 ghz. This cpu has a max boost clock of 4.0 ghz so that is where I feel safe overclocking without messing with voltage. How much will this change my performance?

Attached: 63C19E70-CD9A-4023-BEB2-3754805D13B2.jpg (640x480, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Pentium-G4560-vs-AMD-FX-4300/3892vs2879
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-FX-4300-vs-AMD-Ryzen-3-2200G/2879vsm441832
ebay.com/itm//263798046796
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Guess your going to have to benchmark, overclock, benchmark, and compare to find out. My guess is nill, but at least you'll have an excuse to buy new hardware sooner.

Pretty minimal. If you're after gaming performance its probably your GPU holding you back nowadays.

The Vishera cores can handle 1.55v before dying, the thing will kill your board before the chip goes.

Don't even worry about OCing FX chips, it can handle it, you'd run out of cooling and it would throttle before dying as well.

Attached: NB OC.png (1128x577, 245K)

you will barely notice the difference

fuck off to /sqt/

fucking retard just go on ebay an buy a fx8350 for like 80$ and you will get a world of opportunity open to you.

Also this, you can even buy the 9590 brand new for $100 and get a nicely binned chip that clocks the most for the voltage, but i wouldn't recommend buying FX new unless you're a dumbass like me.

jesus fucking christ just get a ryzen 3 or a pentium G if you're dirt poor, why would anyone use fucken FX CPUs in the year of our lord

it really makes you think

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Pentium-G4560-vs-AMD-FX-4300/3892vs2879

I've been running a FX-6300 at 4.7GHz for years.
No Cool'n'Quiet, no turbo, just constant 4.7GHz and it works like a treat.

This is my old *gaming* PC and it still plays all modern games just fine. Pretty good for a purchase that costed a few hundred euro total several years ago.

What does? Two CPUs made 5 years apart barely have any difference?

No, the additional core count of the 8000 series will actually hinder overclocking and amplify the cache latency.

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-FX-4300-vs-AMD-Ryzen-3-2200G/2879vsm441832

there you go then, you will need some extra bucks for the DDR4 RAM tho

Its shit and won't turn better. This CPU should be similar to a Phenom II in performance.

Get a Ryzen 2200G if you are unhappy.

What are you doing with it?

OP did not ask for a NEW CPU but about overclocking.

>Its shit and won't turn better.
Well, that's what overclocking is, you push more out of hardware.

No, not in a significant way. This CPU will stay shit like any FX CPU. OCing is worth it you buy good new hardware and want to squeeze the last 10 % out of it.

still shit because it's ayymd

The 8350 would be bolt on upgrade. The 9590 will most likely need PSU, mobo and cooler upgrage.

You'll literally blow an AM3+ mobo with those shit CPUs.

Because overclocking is free....

I wouldn't recommend using any FX processor besides the 83xx.

The old Bulldozer CPUs had a shitload of headroom as long as you had the cooler for it. You should be able to push to 4.5 easily with some voltage tweaks.

overvolt this fucker. i thought my mobo is holding me back, turned out i could overvolt it to hell and hit stable 4.5 with no effort

What I mean by getting a 9590 is that it will get better clocks stabile at any given voltage, my average 8350 does 4.4 at 1.38v, but a 9590 might to 4.5 or 4.6 on the same 1.38v.

My chip is so bad that it can't even do 4.5 stable on air, the 1.44374 vcore is too high and my T4 cooler can't handle it, so a better than average piece of silicon like the 9590 would be nice.

Attached: IMG_0248.jpg (4032x3024, 2.19M)

It will blow if you have a shitty 4 phase vrm.

I assume so is your time messing with it until it catches fire and you throw it in the bin.

>AMD FX
>Catching fire from a voltage increase
Kek, even buildzoid has never killed an FX chip and he has videos of 8GHz sessions on the 9590 where it's at 1.9v.

time to delid and put liquid metal on it and get that 0.1% fps boost you want.

user I think you have mistaken his cpu with 8700k

>Delidding a soldered CPU
Madman

>All unlocked
>Soldered spreaders
>Shit single core but it renders like an i7 when doing real work
FX a good line it did nothing wrong.

>when doing real work
>7zip
>Cinebench
Great meme.

>He doesn't cinebench his way though life
But seriously I could not recommend anything but an 8350 to someone who wants to edit video on a budget, the CPU cost $200 when it was new and all of them will hit 4.4GHz.

Sell the board/cpu for $100(if you're lucky).

Pick up this from ebay.

ebay.com/itm//263798046796 for $120.

Your CPU is now ~40% faster and matches the Ryzen 1600.

>not delidding a soldered cpu
never going to make it

>not selling your AM3+ board for $200 like every douchebag on eBay