I received a free macbook pro 2017 13", but Im about to sell it for 1600 USD (weird country...

I received a free macbook pro 2017 13", but Im about to sell it for 1600 USD (weird country, so they have great resell value).

What should I replace it with? I do not game, I do not edit videos. I mostly use it for remote working in logistics, browsing and watching 4k crap on my chromecast.

Attached: mbp13-gray-select-201610.jpg (452x420, 52K)

x220

give it back jamal

Give it back Tyrone.

>replace it with an almost obsolete 768p shitfest with 2 hours of battery life

Back to your autism containment general. The only comparable replacement may be one of the newer ThinkPads. I'd rather have the Mac than the money though.

Give it back, DeSean.

Excuse me sirs, but my name is Trayvon.

Why is it always thinkpads?

Why would you keep the mac? Isnt it overkill?

What would have similar battery life and performance?

>Mac
>overkill
For what? Minesweeper?

a 1300 usd machine to browse, use online apps for work and stream video?

>Why is it always thinkpads?

The best of the Windows machines.

It doesn't matter, he got it for free. Its not overkill for anything other than comfyness. Clearly OP doesn't care for macOS nor does he appear to be invested in the ecosystem at all though so, buy a ThinkPad and pocket the difference.

So thinkpad is not just a meme?

Its the best of a shit situation, using Windows or Linux as a preferred OS.

Why a shit situation?

Linux and Windows are utter garbage. This is just my opinion though. I love Macs merely for the OS.

I see, I dont have a strong opinion towards mac or windows. Although this macbook is pretty fucking annoying with just 2 usb c ports

I wouldn't be totally satisfied with the 13" for this reason, I know there's a 13" with TouchBar that has 4 but still. I'm waiting for the hopeful 6-core 8950HK Covfefe Lake 15". The whole point of the machine is literally adapters though. That's its flexibility. Instead of a conventional laptop with pre-determined and static ports there's 4 that can be adapted to anything and daisy chained along 1 connection up to 7 times. There's an insane amount of I/O possible. I'd personally have one port plugged into Ethernet, one into a monitor with possible ports on rear, one in an eGPU when needed and I don't even know what else some other external shit.

Didnt know there was a 4 port version of the 13.

When do you think the new ones will be released?

x1 carbon

Hey, that looks good unlike the usual thinkpads I see around.

The 13" with TouchBar has 4 TB3 ports. The refresh should happen some time this year. This will be the year when Apple will have quad-core 13" laptops and 6-core 15" ones.

I would get a Zenbook UX series if you needed a thin and nice notebook.

Matebook X Pro.

Attached: mxp.jpg (800x451, 178K)