/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

>Post your questions here

>Read → → →

>>search
>ddg.gg/lite

>redirect anons making their own threads with >Linux questions?
>PC building?
>>Windows questions?
>>Where can I get Win10 LTSB?
>>How do I activate Win10/Win7?
>pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
>pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
>pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
>pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: 1521264704500.jpg (701x1024, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0TH-001X-001F7&ignorebbr=1
newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100161009&IsNodeId=1&Description=msata adapter&name=Hard Drive Adapters&Order=PRICE&Pagesize=96&isdeptsrh=1
amazon.com/Sabrent-Enclosure-Adapter-Support-EC-UKMS/dp/B00LRZPNHM
newmodeus.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=300
pastebin.com/7Wk1QaLg
docs.aws.amazon.com/general/latest/gr/signature-v4-examples.html#signature-v4-examples-java.
docs.aws.amazon.com/general/latest/gr/sigv4-calculate-signature.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_encoding
dmitripavlutin.com/when-not-to-use-arrow-functions-in-javascript/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Will I get in trouble if I pirate Photoshop?
Will Windows 8or10 know?

is there a free, easy way to get the Win2k/WinXP icon pack on Windows 7?

pic unrelated

Attached: laracrofticantexplain.gif (245x248, 2M)

Looking for some durable bluetooth ear buds for working out with. Battery life only needs to be an hour, needs to be waterproof/resistant, due to sweat. Audio quality isn't a big deal.

Looking at these, recommendations?
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0TH-001X-001F7&ignorebbr=1

I'm building a Python script that needs a lookup table to transform certain strings (think of, for example, converting country names into ISO 3166 country codes). I don't want it to connect to any service on the internet for this. How would I go about it? SQLite?

Attached: 256px-Sqlite-square-icon.svg.png (256x256, 9K)

Should be fine, but there's probably a virus in the activator.

Is that an issue?

If it's not very large you could just use a dictionary.

How does one go about replacing a uSATA SSD in an actually sensible fashion?
Adapters/converters aren't really common.

>there's probably a virus in the activator.
>Is that an issue?

Apparently not.

For small tables (less than a few MB) I'd just use a standard python dictionary. From that point redis or some other k-v store, and after that a full SQL database. SQLite works fine but if you really have that many rows you probably want a less minimal database.
For something like country names though (a few hundred keys), a dictionary will work fine though. Pickle it or json.dump it if you need to persist to the disk.
Bear in mind that it's pretty common to connect to a database server over a socket, without necessarily connecting over the internet -- not sure if that's what you mean by not connecting to the internet for it.

Fuck, forgot pic.

Attached: usata bullshit.jpg (1846x1164, 554K)

cheapest place to buy hdds 8tb at least. I'm running out of room now and need to build something for my movie, music, and tv hoarding.

i need to build a nas too

Use PCPartPicker to get a price listing.

>uSATA SSD
Search for 'micro sata' or 'msata'

newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100161009&IsNodeId=1&Description=msata adapter&name=Hard Drive Adapters&Order=PRICE&Pagesize=96&isdeptsrh=1

amazon.com/Sabrent-Enclosure-Adapter-Support-EC-UKMS/dp/B00LRZPNHM

what is the point of a DAC?

What features do you need from Photoshop? Some of the older editions can be freely activated.

My bad, thought it was like the uATX and microATX thing. Looks like uSATA is a different standard than mSATA.
Maybe this?
newmodeus.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=300

Ideally the lookup table should stored in a file because the script will be used by several users and I don't want to set up a database in a server for this. A simple json file would be appropriate.

>several users
based in different locations and using different computers, that is

It converts digital signals to analog signals. Can't say much more without context.

In MPC-BE, is there any point to using xysubfilter or assfilter over the internal subtitle renderer?

This is the response I was fearing, as I've gotten it before. They're not the same thing. Look at and see the notch placement. These actual drives are hard to find, and those that exist are small, slow, and more expensive than they ever should be.

And that's from the first forum link I just found. It's a dead link, bud.

On a fresh install of arch linux. Have not used or installed linux in almost a year. Trying to install yaourt manually and when i do makepkg with any tags i get 5 errors telling me that it failed to change directory to root. what am i doing wrong?

>what is the point of a DAC?
It's a unidirectional modem, with an analog spectrum output typically targeted at what the frequency range humans can hear.

Hey, I've been playing with ncurses and I'm wondering if there's something similar but with pixels? Is there a library which let's me place a pixel(r,g,b) at position(x,y)? With ncurses I'm placing asterisks and it's kind of ugly and "*" resolution is kind of bad(only 100ish eows in my monitor).

Either buy the same device it was in to get the data off of it, or call it a loss. Niche shit like that is why people hate Apple.

I'm trying to write my own AWS4 signer, and I've gotten about 2/3 of the way there. Source code here : pastebin.com/7Wk1QaLg

For some reason I'm failing to create the correct Signature. Which is created by using the SigningKey and SingingStrin as input into an HMACSha256 function, specifically the function highlighted on this page docs.aws.amazon.com/general/latest/gr/signature-v4-examples.html#signature-v4-examples-java.

But for some reason, I cannot produce the signature that AWS says will be created here on this page.: docs.aws.amazon.com/general/latest/gr/sigv4-calculate-signature.html
(5d672d79c15b13162d9279b0855cfba6789a8edb4c82c400e06b5924a6f2b5d7)

Despite using their function, their Strings as input, and double checking my work. What am I missing?

Are you supposed to use a different function for these Strings or byte[]?

I feel like I'm missing something, and I don't know where to reconcle this confusion because from my code and what I see on these pages I seem to be doing the right thing.

Attached: file.png (1200x630, 46K)

>several users
>therefore needs to be stored in a file
?

myfile.json
{
"United States": "USA",
"United Kingdom": "UK",
}

myscript.py
import json
with open("myfile.json") as myfile:
countries = json.load(myfile)

I’m looking for a phone to replace my iphone SE. I’m looking for a phone of a similar size. Is the sony xperia xz2 compact worth it?

I was just using Photoshop as an example - I meant all adobe products (animate, illustrate)

I recommend the Moto G5S Plus. The battery lasts forever. No bloat. The few Moto apps on it are just for gestures. You shake the camera one way and it activates the camera app. Shake it another way, it turns on the light. It has split screen support natively, so you can use two apps at once. You can switch between apps while keeping one active. It's pretty cheap too. Also, fast charge. It charges from 0-100 in less than an hour.

Did rustle finally go blind? I haven't seen a work by him for ages.

nvm im retarded and was in the wrong directory but now im getting another error stating i dont have permissions for chmod and operation is not permitted

Luckily, it's not dead yet. However, I've been wanting to upgrade it for a long time, and it's now probably past the point of even bothering. Such a strange move on Dell's part.

but what is the gain from using an external dac

So mom's hacker here.
How do I make an HTTPS server, that will dump all client commands to log?
How do I spoof DNS server to mine?

I just want to hack chinks applet, but I am too retarded to deal with their secneo DRM and disassembly of x86 execs.
And ofcourse on GNU/Linux, since I'm too stupid to use Windows.

fixed it. i accidentaly tried to make the package as root first and it fucked everything up

why is it so hard to find data points for how much bubble wrap weights
i've found one figure of 80 grams per square foot
sometimes you have less than 10 grams of wiggle room so you really need to be able to estimate how much bubble wrap you can use
jesus
fucking stupid normies

>80
40 grams per square foot sorry

assuming you mean a sound dac, like a digital preamp, or sound dac + amp combination device like a headphone dac+amp, it depends on what it can do that the internal one cannot
maybe your internal dac is broken, noisy, quiet, etc. in which case you might want to replace it
to be clear, a "soundcard" is simply a card which holds a sound dac and amplifier on it. "dac" seems to be the cool new word for "soundcard", as confusing as it is that dac is less descriptive/specific

Why do trannies program?

My monitor has a mobile blur, has anyone encountered anything like this? For a few months, text in the top right corner of the screen was blurry. It eventually went away (I thought) then appeared a few inches lower than it was, that went away after a few weeks. It's been gone for maybe a month and just a few moments ago reappeared at the very top middle of the screen.

Becuase programmers were to kind and didn't gave a fuck about gender or sexual illness.
And now... I.. Well,

Why not just weigh a square foot of bubble wrap?

post legs faggot

I need a new phone. Don't care what it can do, can be absolute cheap trash, just care that it has a good camera (meaning not just the pixels). I like the output I'm seeing from iphones but would rather die than buy one. What are the other options?

Because they can't network. Binary arguments confuse them. They prefer obfuscation, and confusion. When proven wrong, they usually an hero.

For what?
You probably didn't get my ESL.
I meant that programmers were too kind to allow those niggers, pajeets and sexually ill people to work. And now these former minorities just do whatever they want, ignoring original white programers.

cause i'm lazy and cheap as hell
but yeh i'll do something like that i guess

Yeah this is what I'm aiming for, thanks user.

I'm planning to get a laptop to replace my 6-year old PC. I plan to use it mostly for coding, but I'd like to have the option to play modern games on decent settings too if I feel like it. Should i buy a decent laptop with like a 1050TI now, or should I wait until the 11 series comes out and see then?

>1050TI
At least get a 1060 w/6GB ram or a 1070.
If it's too much, wait.

Is it worth it to get basic-level certs (A+, Sec+, Net+) if I want to get a job writing software (say, as an iOS developer)?

Attached: IMG_9075.jpg (605x605, 68K)

nvm figured it out

What?

Attached: 1530186183376.jpg (764x1594, 389K)

If I hook up an hdd from my unusable laptop (os included) to my pc, will I be able access all my data like any other drive?

Attached: 01C6F442-3E2A-4C1E-821F-72B762CFB75F.jpg (304x234, 17K)

yeh

are chinese distros chinese bot net, with trojans hidden in them, or can i trust deep in?

sweet more storage!

chinese people are trustworthy

I remember reading/hearing that if I have a pair of ram, I have to alternate them in the slots and not put them next to each other. Is this true? If so, why?

is utorrent safe to use still?

which scripting language to learn first: python or typescript? where these languages are most used? all I know python is used in data analysis/data science and pentesting

ausfag here, okay so i jb hifi in my area starts hiring soon and i want to apply, im just a barista rn but i really wanna get out of hospitality and work in retail, and jb is my obvs number 1 choice. whats the best way to make sure i stand out above everyone else who applies?
im sure a fair amount of you who arent in coding or whatever work at a computer/computer goods store. i was hoping for summa yall advice. thanks in advance

Attached: 1528169237256.png (500x587, 138K)

no

python is for general-purpose scripting and you can do a lot of different things with it
typescript is for web stuff and servers running node.js (you're supposed to learn javascript before it)

you *can* write general-purpose scripts in typescript and run them in node but python is better suited for that because you need to compile the typescript code into javascript before anything can run it

i like typescript's type system but you should probably start with python

Just found out Windows "N" exists. From my understanding it's just windows with less media related bloatware? Am I gonna regret it if I get it instead of the regular version?

2.2.1 is still GOAT.

programs that rely on being able to play media might require you to install the media bloatware

You might. There is software out there that depends on the media player framework. I had to track down some DLLs to get MKVToolnixGUI to update since they decided to add sounds to it for completion. They did end up adjusting the installer so it wouldn't fail on missing the framework, though, but they're good like that.

no, because the media stuff is provided as an installable package as well, so worst case you can just install it later

They don't necessarily install on all versions of Windows 10. Microsoft's website has declined incredibly in the last few years and you can't find anything anymore.

LaTeX and avoiding casual use of slurs.

Get over your baby duck syndrome and give Deluge a chance.

got it. thank you, user

They'll work in any slot, but sometimes they can work in a faster mode in slots of the same color. It Also improves cooling to space them.

Deluge's UI tries to be uTorrent, but fails. You also have to switch to the daemon to not have 10% CPU usage on idle.

Data but OS won't boot if it's Windows. A Linux with a generic kernel can be moved to any PC and you won't notice it's on different hardware.

I'm pretty sure Microsoft dropped that shit from Windows several releases ago. Could've sworn I've moved a Windows drive to a different motherboard at least once.

You need to reactivate at least. It tends to be picky when moving between Intel and AMD, at least as recently as 7.

people say you should have like 20% free space on SSDs for best performance

is that for the entire drive or per partition? I have a page file partition that's almost full

iirc partitions can fuck your drive even more because they restrict what blocks are usable on what partition so even though you've got a bunch of unused blocks in partition B you're fucking the blocks in partition A because partition A can't use partition B's blocks

I've read that's not actually necessary because they come with a little extra for that and remapping for longevity. I only bother to keep mechanical drives under 80% to reduce fragmentation.

Do you guys know of any good free hypervisor software?

Attached: cd3Ks65.jpg (1920x1200, 138K)

Cont., as I posted by mistake.
I plan to share a server with multiple people, and each of us would have their own VM with stuff that can't be accessed by others. Also, we want to use it with OpenVPN, as it will be in a country without regulated internet.

Anyone recommend a good resource to learn about spy devices?

Went to the Spy Museum in DC and got butterflys. Looking at maybe getting a RaspPi and adding a camera and microphone, but open to all sorts of suggestions.

it's pointless, it only exists because of corrupt bureaucratic EU bullshit

>{58124A0B-DC32-4180-9BFF-E0E21AE34026}
>{977AE9CC-AF83-45E8-9E03-E2798216E2D5}
>{A09AB6EB-31B5-454C-97EC-9B294D92EE2A}

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone know how to delete this shit?

Attached: 1.png (1292x228, 27K)

Stupid question (see end).

Im now convinced most anons on Jow Forums are walking meme shit posters like every other board.
Jow Forums is to programming what Jow Forums is to solving the world's problems LOL!
I came on here the other day to talk about the function programming paradigm and how OOP looks is going out of fashion.
As the truth is, you can do recursion and loops with nothing but functions.
Haskell monads anyone?
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_encoding

Anyway, that aside, the main jist of my argument was a gripe about using the fat arrow function is ES6. =>
Fat Arrow functions reflect the way JS is used now with function expressions being everywhere (see React) which calls for a tighter 'cleaner' syntax.
But personally hate seeing arrow functions, because for me, I think it hinders readability.
There are lots of reasons why arrow functions in JS should not be used
>See Pic
I was slated for this by anons, who offered no objection, only huge heaps of ridicule, and made me believe I was fucking retarded and the only person in the whole world who questioned their ubiquitous use in ES6.
Anyway turns out fuckers, Im NOT the only one who gets pissy with fat arrow functions and takes exception with them.
Old Dougie Crockford does too. (so fuck you fag ass anons who ridiculed the fuck out of me).
As does Kyle Simpson who wrote 'You dont know JS' (so double fuck you fag ass fuckers).
So turns out, im in good company and you shit posters, can fist yourselves.
Also fat arrow functions can die.

Stupid Question
-------------------------
So lets settle this, in JS which is nicer for the human brain to parse if reading someone else's code?
Remember to use pic flow chart too.

Arrow function
>let a = (a, b) => a * b;

w/out arrow function
>let a = function(a, b) { return a * b}

Attached: whenToUseArrowFunctions.png (803x1040, 105K)

cringe

typical Jow Forums response

drones were so overhyped right? pic related is basically a toy? it has impressive flight characteristics but shit flight time and range

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

The only difference between

=>

and

function

is

this

I know what the difference is sweetie.
Im asking which is better to read, when you're reading someones else's code? And that's not the only difference. See the flow chart pic

At that size multirotors are generally just toys. Larger ones can be useful for various things.

Also see
>dmitripavlutin.com/when-not-to-use-arrow-functions-in-javascript/

>which is better to read

function of course.

cute drawing of myself

YES!
1 - 0
Im not saying that fat arrow functions dont have their uses, but people try to use them ALL the time.
When there are plenty are cases and readability reasons why you shouldnt.
>dmitripavlutin.com/when-not-to-use-arrow-functions-in-javascript/