Why does everyone copy Apple?

Why does everyone copy Apple?

When Apple made the iMac without a floppy drive, PC makers started to sell their computers without floppy drives.

When Apple made an all-in-one computer, PC makers started to make their own all-in-one computers.

When Apple launched their iPod MP3 player, companies like Microsoft launched their own iPod-like MP3 players (e.g. Zune).

When Apple launched their all-touchscreen iPhone, other companies launched their own all-touchscreen Android phones.

When Apple launched their Apple Store, Google launched their Play Store.

When Apple launched their Macbook Air, PC makers responded with their own clones called 'ultrabooks'.

When Apple launched their iPad, manufacturers launched their own iPad clones - thus creating the tablet market.

When Apple launched Siri, other companies like Amazon and Microsoft launched their own voice assistants like Alexa and Cortana.

When Apple decided to make a smartwatch, other companies like Samsung and Sony also made their own smartwatches.

And now...

After Apple put a notch on their screen a few months ago, every Android phone manufacturer has now been rushing to also put a notch on their own phones' screens just like Apple's.

I thought the death of Steve Jobs would put an end to this because many people said that he was the reason why Apple was so good at coming up with new and innovative designs.

Attached: Apple-X-and-Android-Notches.jpg (900x902, 144K)

Apple copied all those from other companies. Apple is literally photocopier: the corporation.

name them

I always find that in cases where this is true, it's some obscure crap that had zero mainstream commercial appeal. Like clunky old tablets running crippled versions of Windows existed before the iPad, sure, but they were thick and crap and awkward and nobody wanted them. It wasn't until Apple came in and made a polished product that such devices actually became pleasant to use.

Attached: 12atablet.jpg (1170x872, 82K)

Essential did the notch first.

It's depressing. When it comes down to it pretty much all smartphone design has sprung from Apple since '07, so it's not really surprising. There's something different about the notch though. The next Pixel will have one, I will refuse to upgrade my 2 XL to it on principle. Luckily I don't think notches will last more than a couple years.

Another example. The Fossil Wrist PDA.

Sure it came out years before the Apple Watch. But it was big, bulky, weighed twice as much as the Apple Watch, and the screen was dim and hard to read.

Attached: 600px-Fossil_Wrist_PDA_on_wrist.jpg (600x495, 38K)

Elementary

Fuck apple

Attached: braun-or-apple_502918bcc9b7c.gif (400x1664, 214K)

Karma. You let Gates steal your OS and now for all eternity everyone will steal all your ideas until penance is paid for allowing Microsoft to exist in the first place. 12 Hail Stallmans should suffice.

yeah but apple was pretty instrumental in getting those designs mass-market availability

zero respect for manufacturers who put a notch on their phones. ugly shit

There were other smart watches before the Apple Watch like the Pebble

>apple chinkshit
>polished

Attached: 1509304600036.png (868x834, 232K)

This, I'll never buy a phone with that ugly shit, you can make a (bad) case for taking out the headphone jack, but there's no defending the notch.

not to be an applefag but for the calculator at least they clearly say they took the design straight from the braun calculator for a reason i dont recall - at least they acknowledge it lol if that's any consolation for OP

im sure there was but functionality wise pebble a shit. day to day use it's pretty useless but at least on paper it was/is pretty decked out for something that should only be able to tell the time lol

i really, really don't get the butthurt about the headphone jack. if you fags had friends and couldn't connect to the aux as easily anymore i'd understand but why is it such a huge issue for the NEETs all around the planet?

like personally i was annoyed when we all realized no one could connect to aux as easily but there are two solutions: if your car had bluetooth you'd be using that anyway (what i did) or if it just had the jack along with the cable you brought the adapter that came from the box. at least on a daily level it really isn't a huge issue as you guys make it to be desu

The idea of a phone being just a screen that you interact with was revolutionary enough.

Besides, any 10 year old phone is going to look like shit when viewed through modern eyes. I remember the old Android phones were pretty shitty too. It wasn't until around the time Gingerbread was released that Android phones became genuinely usable as smartphones.

>Luckily I don't think notches will last more than a couple years.

hehehehe

What’s so terrible about maximizing your display’s surface coverage?

Eh? Floppies were standard equipment on most PCs up to about 2007.

Notch isn't maximizing. Slide out camera is maximizing

Slide-out anything is guaranteed mechanical failure

I think only the Vivo Apex prototype/concept phone has that.

Because there's enough people loyal to apple as a corporation (LOL) that they can set trends as they wish. Yes this is the world we live in, where people have undying love for something that extracts money from them while effectively getting nothing in return.

I simply don't want another thing that I have to remember to charge.

I wish the industry would quit following Apple's dumb design choices. We didn't used to have to look for 3.5mm jacks as a feature, it was just standard.