Is there anyone more obnoxious than SAP devs?

youtu.be/CxoGjX3JvHI

Is there anyone more obnoxious than SAP devs?

Attached: 1200px-SAP_2011_logo.svg.png (1200x612, 36K)

SAP themselves.
Also maybe Peoplesoft devs.

Sysadmins.
They all think they are the biggest genius at work, because they have an admin password and everyone asks them to install printers

didnt SAP buy peoplesoft ?

>wake up to 6:30 to work until 19:30
>Ah yes, what a good day, I made so much money for my boss
The absolute state of wagies

I firmly believe SAP is Germany's revenge for both world wars.

>get up 6 am
>23 pm not even in house

I call bullshit theres no way you wake up at 6 if you sleep this late, or wagecucks generate tolerance for sleep deprivation?

That's like vlogging about...MS word or something. Lol why would he do that.

WordPress is similar.

I watched that long time ago. The faggot is trying to show off. GF, wake up at 5/6. Workout at office. Go home at 7/8. Repeat.

Bull F-ing shit. Who the eff use SAP and Salesforce anyway? Overcomplicated CRUD shit

I used to really fucking hate SAP, until I changed workplaces and found out SAP was actually decent, it was just set up retarded

Exactly. He is lying. Bull fcuking shit. And by the way he can exercise. His job is probably sysadmin or other meme jobs that doesnt require much planning and thinking.

I took a college course for SAP. Was not a fan of it. It ran slow and it was hard to undo certain mistakes after you've committed them, such as money transactions.

SAP its the biggest jewish scheme in the software industry, even bigger than windows. But it takes money from corporations anyway so I dont care

When companies get jewed it fills me with glee

What's SAP exactly? I never got it.

Am I the only one who finds videos like this extremely depressing?
>look, this is you. You loser. This is what you do all day - we know it, you know it, your parents know it. No getting out.

They compete with Oracle in database software, they're arguably the biggest technology corporation in Europe.

>show off
>gf
How do you not have a gf in the current year?

>Who the eff use SAP and Salesforce anyway?
unfortunately, Europe

I'm working at SAP and yes there are workaholic obsessed people that have this routine. I just come at 9-10am and fuck off exactly at 5pm. It's just Germans' obsession with working.

The guy is French though

When most people refer to "using" SAP, They're talking about the software suite that the SAP company deploys and supports for a business. Lots of major businesses run their entire operations (payroll, accounting, inventory, logistics, marketing) through SAP programs.

>I'm working at SAP
when I export a table into excel can you make it so it doesn't add random empty columns thanks

He worked maybe 4 hours effectively.
Before 12 the only thing he did was writing programs for 1 hour, the rest was meetings and a workout. After workout there was a lunch, then a little work, then coffee break...
How about showing up for work at 7:00 and being done at 16:00? That's 9 hours, which means 30min of that you can grab lunch, which you hopefully prepared at home, and the other 30min you write as overtime. That way you get your 40h a week with full productivity, so you can pay more than half of your salary to the state because you are such a productive engineer.

This is how people in Austria do it and your day isn't over after you are done.

You gotta have daily meetings and 1 hour lunchbreaks so you can feel important

I'm not working on whatever the shit you are using.

Then can you clean the toilets next to the 2nd floor meeting room?

if is not SAP or Salesforce, what else then?

>SAP shills in my chans
Literally anything is better. Developing in-house tooling is cheaper and easier than ever and can bring excellent flexibility to the business. SAP is basically an event-driven CRUD system for managing business entities. This is a trivial stack to implement these days and very easy to throw a nice web front end on top of or wire up mobile apps if you need to.

It is literally cheaper to hire, train and maintain a team of developers who build everything in house than it is to pay for all the consultants and support people you will need to get the SAP solution even installed in the first place. Forget the software licensing, that isnt even the most expensive part. It's like bringing an active volcano into your shop in terms of collateral damage to all of your other related business systems.

>It is literally cheaper to hire, train and maintain a team of developers who build everything in house than it is to pay for all the consultants and support people you will need to get the SAP solution even installed in the first place.

Management rule #1: outsource everything and anything, because you have no fucking clue about anything anyway

It's not a stupid strategy to outsource everything, but in this case I have to agree with you.

hey guys, what's going on in this thread?

most SAP devs are actually pretty chill, although there are some really abrasive ones that can be a nightmare to deal with.

Oracle, SAP's primary competitor, owns peoplesoft.

wake up time is a function of commute, the time he was out until was personal choice (to go out for beers)

It probably doesn't represent a typical day, the entire thing is a fluff video showing how he gets to take long lunches and play recreational sports during his work day (That supposed "work/life balance").

Especially because external communications, especially video shot in office, is supposed to be cleared within the department, seems kind of boneheaded.

>who the eff use SAP and Salesforce
SAP is the largest enterprise software vendor in the world, so tens of thousands of companies... Salesforce is used too, although more often in specific divisions/regions or at smaller companies.

SAP is great when set up properly and can be horrible when not run well.

I remember one customer, they had some totally backwards custom code that delayed the cost of goods sold until the customer was invoiced. They also had individual general ledger line items per item on an invoice rather than one for the invoice.

The end result was that you had 4 line items entered into the general ledger table for every item on every invoice. That table exceeded one billion rows, the DB (oracle on AIX) exceeded 10TB and was growing in excess of 300GB a month. Saving a sales order took 20 minutes on a good day.

IDES systems are rarely run on proper hardware. As far as undoing financial transactions, SAP is the general ledger of record, it's not intended to be easy to undo financial transactions without a second line to correct it and show the correction so you can't just hide major financial transactions that already happened and "disappear" them off the books.

Attached: ess-ayy-pee.jpg (3024x4032, 3.38M)

Can't even spell breakfast

Attached: ss (2018-07-06 at 16.13.15).png (469x181, 126K)

>They compete with Oracle in database software
Yes and no.

For a long time, you bought the database from Oracle (or in some cases, IBM) and the DB from SAP. Everyone singing and rainbows and all is right in the world.

Then you have Oracle starting to buy companies in SAP's space like Peoplesoft and the rift starts. SAP started branching out in the database space at that point, creating MaxDB from MySQL, but from a performance/benefit perspective the case isn't there.

Then SAP bought Sybase for their mobility and their RDBMS (Sybase ASE, from which is what MSSQL originated from, except ASE runs on non-Windows platforms still) and developed HANA, a brand new in-memory database. SAP then developed existing applications to benefit from performance on it (in a traditional RDBMS you want the application to do as much as possible and DB commits/reads as little; in-memory DB, you want the database to do the heavy lifting), and then started developing applications like S/4HANA that would only run on the HANA in-memory DB.

Oracle is the market leader in databases, SAP doesn't come close to them in overall worldwide marketshare there. SAP is far ahead of Oracle on the enterprise business application front. Both companies compete in the enterprise software and DB areas.

>they're arguably the biggest technology corporation in Europe.
Not arguably. That's a fact.

It depends on where the Excel is being generated, but if you're using a traditional SAPGUI (logon pad) transaction and the transaction is using an ALV Grid that offers the export to Excel, it's probably a "program error" (bug) in your BASIS release tha can be fixed via patch.

Best way to find out is to open a customer incident (trouble ticket) with SAP over it, and then someone in the responsible area will login and take a look.

In-house is not cheaper, that's not why companies buy SAP. Having integration points for SWIFT banking transactions and tax calculation in thousands of tax jurisdictions and relevant government reporting/generation of paperwork is not trivial. This is why even in an industry like petroleum where there are a few giant players they just use SAP ERP with the IS_OIL component, because buying SAP is cheaper than developing a custom application (or more typically, multiple custom applications).

Is it bigger than Microsoft?

No.

>Microsoft Market Cap: $766.48B USD
>124,000 employees

>Oracle Market Cap: $179.92B USD
>138,000 employees

>SAP Market Cap: $142B USD
>88,543 employees

Depending on how you define "software companies", those are the top three (according to Forbes Global 2000 for "software programming") as their primary business is selling software itself.

If you take a wider definition that includes companies with huge IT consulting firms that are part of the same business as their software (main example would be IBM) and computer services companies (Alphabet, Facebook, and Tencent), then SAP would be #7 on the list (but still the largest in Europe; MS, Oracle, IBM, Alphabet, and Facebook are all American companies, and Tencent is Chinese).

He is French, so forgiven

I wish i could stop being a wagecuck but my parents are poor so i can't leech off of them to become a NEET.

I'm probably hikikomori tho...

this

Maybe some faggot that thinks he needs to mimic plain stereotypes.

>As far as undoing financial transactions, SAP is the general ledger of record, it's not intended to be easy to undo financial transactions without a second line to correct it and show the correction so you can't just hide major financial transactions that already happened and "disappear" them off the books.
Sounds retarded, since it could be logged.

That's basically how it's done. You go to the appropriate transaction and make an adjusting entry to the General ledger. That gets logged to the relevant finance table including FAGLFLEXA (General ledger) under your username.

here
By the way, adjusting entries are bog standard under US GAAP and IFRS (used pretty much everywhere else in the world as accounting standards). SAP follows best practices in this regard.

You can adjust line items on journal entries without complex procedures, but you do need the appropriate authorizations within SAP to do so. It's not typically something given to all users.

>Not having your lunch time count as worktime.
That is shitty

My company spends 1M€ per month for SAP you could have an army of devs on payroll here for that kind of money

>he doesn't start his day with a break fest
laughingwhores.jpg

That's not the point, it's that he showed his GF twice. I bet she asked him for 2 minutes straight.

The people at my uni that went to SAP courses and trainings always were the least motivated, most incompetent, most likely to use Windows. I think they made a good choice, SAP (and similar orgs) are a great place for them to make a lot of money. But man if they kept to themselves.

I went to a SAP course but it was fucking pointless, we learned nothing about SAP development, I also failed that course because I knew nothing about MySQL or HTML which was used for all course work

I don't know about their software but I work in legal and their contracts are absolute Faust-tier sell your soul shit. They make it extremely complicated to cancel your subscription and if you do a little bitty thing wrong you're just auto-renewed, no questions asked.
God help you if you're transferring locations and need to transfer your SAP licences as well, might as well give up before you start

Middle managers are not know for caring

> I also failed that course because I knew nothing about MySQL or HTML
jesus fuck how much of a brainlet are you

>knowing obscure tech bullshit
Let me guess, you try to memorise GPU benchmarks, too?

mysql and html is obscure?

Yes, it's down there with chemistry and biology classes in high school. Doesn't belong in the hands of a CS major.

>CS major

Attached: iTsJk.jpg (704x593, 361K)

SAP devs earn fucktons of money..but they have no free time whatsoever

I was first year, never did coding before

how did you even pass an entrance exam...

ABAP language is quite easy.
SAP processes are a fucking mess.
If you never messed with SAP you will never know that feeling when you are debugging and things starts to transition from English to German.

What country? In a lot of countries with cost of dev + office cost + technology cost you couldn't employ more than 20 devs, who would then have to work with the business to understand legal changes and update, test, etc. all the parts of the applications.

ABAP is basically COBOL masquerading as a 4GL. Compared to understanding the overall purpose of the software functionally, the technical parts are easy to teach for development.

Depends on the country and how you're engaged. Third party contracted devs have much shittier hours than people who work first party for SAP/customers of SAP.

I'm not a shill, is a legit question, to learn more than the SAP meme if I want a job

I'm not American, it doesn't work like that here

i interviewed for an SAP position once
half an hour in i was fed up enough with their shit to get up, tell them to not contact me and leave

Women spawn out of money, TV and Microsoft Windows.
Windows and TV suck, so no luck for me there.
And I'm dirt poor, so no luck there either.
>"sorry bae, no icecream 4u, don't have the shekels"
>"uhhhmmm sweety, that's like rape okaaayyyy?? I'm going to ride my horse now"

Attached: 1524929567912.png (275x275, 3K)

sap more like snap amirite

*snap*

>I don't have gf because I use linux
Stop internalizing it

cool story bro

>it was just set up retarded
Sounds like where I work.Why the fuck don't they hide everything you don't have permissions to work with as a user? I get lost trying to do anything in this bloated piece of shit because there's shit in there that has nothing to do with anything we do here in America.Why must I have to sort through the inventory of every branch of my company worldwide?

It's like that in case you are from the Chinese branch you can easily steal all the confidential data.

No joke, my company had a huge leak a week after they let the Chinese sister company join our SAP, including our finances and email addresses of all of our partners, and nobody knew who did it.

Does anybody audit this shit? It really does seem too big and complex to be safe.

If you are a CS Major you should have just learned it in an evening.
They are kind of retarded, yes, but not difficult to learn in a short amount of time.

I only came to complain about the virtual machines handling the Hanna platform.
Cheap Kraut biggers.

holy shit FUCK SAP.

I had an interview with them once.

so before the inteview starts they tell me we're going to use skype (remote interview).
But then it turns out they need skype for business to do a screenshare, and skype for business doesn't run on Linux, so I had to scramble to get that working mid interview (thanks for the heads up)
then the interview it self, I have to asian ladies conducting it, both barely spoke any English (this was in north america).

Despite this the first part of the interview goes well, then comes the technical part. This is where I have to scramble to get skype working because they cannot share the code snippets because its super secrete. Lowe and behold its actually java psuedo code thats incredibly out of context that I'm supposed to figure out whats wrong. But then again it was a specialized operation that was missing fuck tones of shit because it was psuedo code with lots of ... in between the lines.

Needless to say I didn't get the job but it left such a bad taste in my mouth that I warn against applying there.

So two asian ladies who can't speak english are better coders than you?

I don't even think they where programmers desu.

The second part of the interview was a shit show, I spent 20minutes tracking down a windows pc, installing skype for business and then connecting to their call. Then the code made no sense since it was a mix of psuedo code and java.

I ended up getting an embedded C programmer job instead. Thank fuck I would have killed my self if I had to do java.

audit people make crazy bank

>skype for business
adobe connect runs in browser on ubuntu, red hat, and opensuse, which would have been an option for you.

north america is not a common development base for SAP. especially java

they had to use Skype for business sadly. If they mentioned this beforehand (not just say skype) it would have been an issue.