When will this piece of shit die?

When will this piece of shit die?

Is this where all the jQuery and Bootstrap brainlets went?

The only time I should see HTML in your .js file is inside a template literal string when rendering content from an API you are fetching.

Attached: download.jpg (229x220, 7K)

What do you suggest is the better alternative for building dynamic sites?

Building static sites.

Wow, fucking great alternative, man.
Fuck off and stop talking about shit you don't understand.

this. never left knockout js components, never plan to.

Attached: comfy shiba.jpg (535x534, 46K)

Fact: 99.9% of websites do not need JS

Dynamic sites are a meme to make it easier for businesses to build malicious ads and tracking software into their web pages. Don't forget React was developed by facebook so they could compartmentalize all the 1000s of pieces of sponsored content (spam) they show in your news feed. If you want a dynamic application, make it native. The WWW is for documents, JS is still just a hack.

Fact: You're retarded.

Fact: You are a basedboy

fpbp

You wanna know how I know you've never worked in anything related to software development before?
Because all of that is bullshit.
Businesses generally use PHP-based CMSes to do their shit since they have content managers who have to put a lot of data into it each day.
If you want to make an application that's open to a lot of people you can't make them download everything they need. Most of the time it's not only easier to make a webapplication but more efficient and less cost-intensive too since now you can write one thing for all platforms.
>JS is still just a hack
Talking about the original JavaScript, yes.
Talking about ECMAScript, no. The language has evolved a lot since its roots and now not only in performance beats languages like C++ but most of the time is even more elegant than any other solutions.
Face it; there's a reason "JS" is so widely used these days.

Actually true, I'm lactose intolerant.
Now fuck off back into your mom's basement you retarded neet.

This thread really drives home that Jow Forums is full of neets writing nothing code in their basement, and not actually in the software industry.

>The only time I should see HTML in your .js file is inside a template literal string when rendering content from an API you are fetching.
What? That's horrible.

I think Vue gets the job done without blurring the lines between markup and logic or forcing you away from business logic to write templates for every piece of the application. Nor forcing the project to take on 6+ extra modules/technologies just to work right.

I'm honestly not sure if OP was talking about only React or JS-based frontend-frameworks in general.
I haven't worked with Vue yet but it seems fine, I might try it one day if I get to work on a project where it be more sensical to use than React.

React,Angular or Vue? Which one has the best future and which one is going to die soon?

Angulars syntax is retarded and it's not backwards compatible to a lot of browsers. I doubt it will be adopted into as many projects as the other two.
React is pretty nice and performant in general, I'm positive it'll stay for a while.
Vue seems like a nice alternative, especially if you have to integrate it into an existing frontend.

Honestly just do your research on which ones best for you and start using that one.

Nah I work with it every day. ES2015+ is fine for a hacky scripting language. You can pretend it's perl and write unreadable one-liners. Writing serious applications in it is a trap that will lead you to trouble.

>in performance beats languages like C++
lol?

>more efficient and less cost-intensive too since now you can write one thing for all platforms.
This is a meme and fuck you and all these other snake oil salesmen for pushing it. Every platform you deploy on you need to test constantly on and you will end up with heaps and heaps of compatibility issues. Web browsers are not some magic thing, they are all different with their own sets of bugs and quirks. In fact these days it's almost in people's best interest to say "we support chrome on windows and mac and that's it" because it dramatically reduces testing footprint, so so much for your deploy for all platforms easily.

Electron is the pinnacle of this, devs got so lazy they couldn't even bother supporting multiple versions of chrome anymore, so they just locked their applications to one version and packed it all together. So now we are literally back to forcing people to download everything they need including another copy of a web browser. Shit is fucked yo.

>The only time I should see HTML in your .js file is inside a template literal string when rendering content from an API you are fetching.

There is no HTML in React though, it is all objects which get rendered into HTML...

JSX is just syntactic sugar, in reality it returns objects

I _am_ OP. Didnt realize Jow Forums doesnt do id's. Anyways i am OP and i wrote that pro-Vue comment. I wasnt the anti-js guy. I'm not anti-JS at all just really dislike how React hijacks the entire front end and requires so many side technologies. You should definitely give Vue a shot, small project maybe. I used to think that making rest API's with Express+Mongoose was the funnest thing to do with js but Vue really is a blast (apples and oranges of course...)

I think people hate on JS probably because it's becoming pretty obvious that it will eventually eclipse python, PHP, maybe even C#, maybe even strangle kotlin and dart/flutter in the crib.

If you think chained es6 methods are unreadable one liners then you're just a bad programmer desu.

I am actually writing an application for a client with Node+mongo+Vue and have to agree with you here. I previously used Django but hot damn it feels natural and fast to write shit. Of course it has its own flaws but overall I quite like it. (assuming the project uses >ES2015).

Who in their right mind would want to work in the software industry?

C + CGI

Oh, sorry for mistaking you two then. Could be because I have IDs turned off on Clover.

Yeah, that actually does make sense.
Still, the performance of react is good enough that it doesn't matter as much anyway and production builds are usually incredibly small. What we do for stuff like SEO is make the server generate static HTML for the first page visit and from then on use react like normal to make it dynamic.

But true, I'll have to look into Vue, I've actually already heard a lot of good about it.
The reason I use react is because that's just what our dev-team uses.

>everything i dont like/understand is a meme

It's really easy to understand and performant in the right ways.

>claims to be a programmer but has bad understanding of semigroups
Lrn2read faggot, they aren't all, but you can make them that way if you want. You aren't gonna make it.
I understand it perfectly and it's still a meme.

Attached: 11c.png (403x347, 103K)

My theory about people who are butthurt about js:

>hear from internet C dev larpers that JS is a toy language for noobs
>try your hand at it, realize that fullstack JS means juggling ~20 different technologies
>crash and burn, get butthurt, start larping as C dev calling JS a toy language for noobs

its a vicious cycle

And with Gatsby, this is the perfect solution.

> JS is a toy language for noobs
is-even

10/10 post

What do people think of Node?

>HTML
>javascript
>PHP
>SQL
>CSS
>Maybe Perl
Woah thats like, super-hard man

I don't get gatsby.

I can make static sites with React. What exactly is the point of Gatsby?

Tell me why I should use anything else than Bootstrap and Jquery?

I agree with OP. Vue is so much more /comfy/. Egoist's stuff is a good showcase of this.