Is TOR compromised? I've been trying to shuffle between circuits but every time I get 128.208.2...

Is TOR compromised? I've been trying to shuffle between circuits but every time I get 128.208.2.233 from the US as the first node.

Attached: 1282082233.png (1004x691, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

torproject.org/docs/faq.html.en#EntryGuards
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, it's fine.

>censoring IP addresses of Tor nodes
fucking kek

Btw, use torrc:
StrictNodes 1
ExitNodes
EntryNodes
ExcludeNodes {us}

Fuck US. You can exclude other countries too. Here's the full list:
{ac},{af},{ax},{al},{dz},{ad},{ao},{ai},{aq},{ag},{ar},{am},{aw},{au},{at},{az},{bs},{bh},{bd},{bb},{by},{be},{bz},{bj},{bm},{bt},{bo},{ba},{bw},{bv},{br},{io},{vg},{bn},{bg},{bf},{bi},{kh},{cm},{ca},{cv},{ky},{cf},{td},{cl},{cn},{cx},{cc},{co},{km},{cg},{cd},{ck},{cr},{ci},{hr},{cu},{cy},{cz},{dk},{dj},{dm},{do},{tp},{ec},{eg},{sv},{gq},{ee},{et},{fk},{fo},{fj},{fi},{fr},{fx},{gf},{pf},{tf},{ga},{gm},{ge},{de},{gh},{gi},{gr},{gl},{gd},{gp},{gu},{gt},{gn},{gw},{gy},{ht},{hm},{hn},{hk},{hu},{is},{in},{id},{ir},{iq},{ie},{im},{il},{it},{jm},{jp},{jo},{kz},{ke},{ki},{kp},{kr},{kw},{kg},{la},{lv},{lb},{ls},{lr},{ly},{li},{lt},{lu},{mo},{mk},{mg},{mw},{my},{mv},{ml},{mt},{mh},{mq},{mr},{mu},{yt},{mx},{fm},{md},{mc},{mn},{me},{ms},{ma},{mz},{mm},{na},{nr},{np},{an},{nl},{nc},{nz},{ni},{ne},{ng},{nu},{nf},{mp},{no},{om},{pk},{pw},{ps},{pa},{pg},{py},{pe},{ph},{pn},{pl},{pt},{pr},{qa},{re},{ro},{ru},{rw},{ws},{sm},{st},{sa},{uk},{sn},{rs},{sc},{sl},{sg},{sk},{si},{sb},{so},{as},{za},{gs},{su},{es},{lk},{sh},{kn},{lc},{pm},{vc},{sd},{sr},{sj},{sz},{se},{ch},{sy},{tw},{tj},{tz},{th},{tg},{tk},{to},{tt},{tn},{tr},{tm},{tc},{tv},{ug},{ua},{ae},{gb},{uk},{us},{um},{uy},{uz},{vu},{va},{ve},{vn},{vi},{wf},{eh},{ye},{zm},{zw}

Love you, user

Yes

No you're fucking retarded. It's by design. If you kept switching the first node there would be a much higher chance of revealing your identity. If the first and third node were owned by the same person they could figure out who you are. If your first node never changes than the chance you'll match up with two compromised nodes will be drastically reduced. It's just math.

It has always been

Why are you using TOR, user? What do you have to hide?

Attached: man-115394_960_720[1].jpg (960x678, 47K)

Tor has been compromised since about 2010

fuck off CIA nigger

haha you are are autistic

>that retarded looking window manager

entry node sticks longer, no idea about reasoning but it's intentional

Expand that to the 14 eyes.

US, UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Denmark, France, Holland, Norway, Germany, Belgium, Italy, Sweden, and Spain.

If you exclude those countries it's no guarantee, but it will make it a whoooole lot harder for bootlicking statist fucks to track you down. They'd have to beg other countries (most of which *do not* like American surveillance) to cooperate, and because of Tor, that might require it happening in 3 different countries.

They have the resources to do it but boy oh boy would it be expensive. You'd have to be threatening to expose some gnarly secrets of the head of a 3 letter agency, or blackmailing a well connected politician for them to spend the time (years) and money (millions) it would take to follow the crumbs.

Or, you know, the NSA could just operate TOR nodes using proxies in other countries.

It's explained on the Tor website
torproject.org/docs/faq.html.en#EntryGuards

Which they already do for the "special" sites

What does this leave you with?

most of Tor (and Tails for that matter) get their funding from a multitude of departments that make up the US's defenses. I think the best way to get an idea of exactly how safe you are on Tor is to think about the original context for which these services were built.

If i am in the intelligence community I need a way to make sure that my assets in a hostile country are safe to communicate back to me.

Communication with an asset in a hostile country isn't the only thing to be concerned about. The agency needs to be able to track their asset and if needed burn/retrieve them. Thinking about this I would say it's safe to say that the US government has the means and tools to de-anonymize and find you easily.

Tor won't use nodes from the excluded countries list.

>Is TOR compromised?
hahahahaha, you better believe it is

you're already dead

It still makes it harder and more expensive for them to break the law and illegally spy on people.

Yeah, but this seems like too many countries. I don't know all country tags so I was just wondering which countries are "safe".

fuck off cia nigger

Probably best to block all 5-eyes:
ExcludeNodes {??},{US},{CA},{GB},{AU},{NZ},{ZA},{CN},{MN},{KP},{TW},{VN},{KH},{LA},{RU},{UA},{CU},{BY},{LT},{LV},{EE},{GE},{KZ},{UZ},{TJ},{IL},{PS},{IQ},{IR},{AF},{SA},{SY},{AM},{TR},{AZ},{LB},{JO},{EG},{LY},{AE},{YE},{KW},{BH},{KG},{OM},{QA},{TM},{PK},{SD},{SS},{ET},{SO},{ER}

ExcludeExitNodes {??},{US},{CA},{GB},{AU},{NZ},{ZA},{CN},{MN},{KP},{TW},{VN},{KH},{LA},{RU},{UA},{CU},{BY},{LT},{LV},{EE},{GE},{KZ},{UZ}
{TJ},{IL},{PS},{IQ},{IR},{AF},{SA},{SY},{AM},{TR},{AZ},{LB},{JO},{EG},{LY},{AE},{YE},{KW},{BH},{KG},{OM},{QA},{TM},{PK},{SD},{SS},{ET},{SO},{ER}

He only added {us} to the actual config. He then listed (all?) the countries you CAN use if you want.

fuck off cia nigger

>He only added {us} to the actual config
Oh shit, I though "full list" means full list of everything you should forbid.

Nah. You're right that's too many it would basically render Tor useless.
>you can block other countries too. Here's the full list.

He meant like hares the full list of countries you can block.

Doesn't really make sense to me. If you have a connection to the machiene needed to track you over TOR you could just use that connection to transfer/delete the relevant data on the machine. Both of those can be achieved without a compromise inside TOR.

This, mathlets

>If your first node never changes

if the first node never changes, then it's fucking useless

thanks