Nvidia 1180 Release Date

August. It's literally weeks away now. I can't fucking wait.

Attached: Capture.jpg (639x628, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

neutralx2.com/2017/06/09/psa-nvidia-drivers-contain-spywaretelemetry
gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-560-Ti-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1060-6GB/2180vs3639
developer.nvidia.com/rtx
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_800M_series
youtube.com/watch?v=b3_lVSrPB6w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

AMD RESPONSE WHEN

Probably comes from wccftech

7nm amd card are coming later this year i thought.

are these 10nm?

Don't forget to install the drivers so leather jacket cuck can know when you boot up your computer, cuckedicuck.

12nm

are they putting in that ray tracing chip in this?

Now with quarter precision floating point technology!

hmmm.
right now seems like a bad time to buy a new card.
we are right on the cusp of 7nm everything

>Needing extra tools to disable getting spied on by a fucking graphics card

neutralx2.com/2017/06/09/psa-nvidia-drivers-contain-spywaretelemetry

>inb4 these cards are last generation rejects with a slight overclock
there is no way nvidia is going to sit on that huge stock pile and let it go to waste. no. way.

i advise yall to screenshot this post

I actually can wait
12nm is basically tablescraps

7nm for servers is this year. 7nm for consumer is next year.

Is it true you need an account to even install nvidia drivers?

not buying from nvidia or intel anymore, and probably won't upgrade this year as i have a 4.6ghz (on air) 3770k + 1080

>I can't fucking wait.
I don't get it.

>t. still games at 60fps

I met Jensen at some conference and he was really nice
He offered me and my friends to take a photo with him and we didn't even ask

>woodscrews
>3.5GB
>more than 1k $ for a GPU
>withholding information to customers about how wide the memory bus is when it's not the highest end card
>spyware drivers
>no 32 Bit support
>no Linux drivers anymore
>Torvalds fiasco
>nearly all PS3s dead nowdays due to the nvidia GPU
>no freesync
>proprietary CUDA scam
>ages like milk
>CEO wears leather jackets on stage
>company wastes all of the single moms money on a new headquarter
>not delivering sources for android upgrades for every tegra SoC device out there
>microstutter SLI scam which only splits up by frames

>inb4 dude what the fuck are you talking about bro

kill yourselves, kids

Attached: 1524923119033.png (784x645, 318K)

Are you really buying this card?

And for what, a few extra frames for your games?

no, i'm bored of my current rgb set-up.

Attached: DSC09572.jpg (2500x1670, 2.79M)

> proprietary CUDA scam
Pretty useful for scientists, not 4u.

>no announcement
>no real leaks
>just suddenly releases in August

Just how gullible do people have to be to fall for this clickbait shit?

>game isn't a science
this level of damage control...

Attached: 2891852-metro+tessellation.png (1372x622, 1.62M)

>I can't fucking wait.
I don't wait.
>Pic related
Why should someone buy a microshaft GPU without "Ti" in its name?

Attached: EVGA GeForce 1080 Ti.jpg (3840x2160, 2.76M)

>>no Linux drivers anymore
???

And then?

It seems to be all clickbait articles mentioning the 11xx series coming out in August. Nvidia's 10xx series are selling well, and their prices are still at MSRP. I'm not sure why Jensen would plan on producing new consumer cards, when they're focused entirely on AI/Cloud Computing markets.

They are going to launch the laptop products first in October.

Do you have a source for this from Nvidia? If this happens, then we'll probably get a repeat of the 800M series with the 11xx cards.

Why should I upgrade from gtx760?

so you can play a video game from this century, grandpa

I remember when the 760 was still solid. Its in fact not worse than a 960, but both are shit now.

560ti mustardrace here, still going strong

Anyone know how the realtime raytracing is gonna be on this? Thats one of the big features of Volta architecture

>1180
It's obvious it's going to be named 2080.

How? A 560 Ti can't even do 720p in modern games. Do you only play old titles?

it's about 60% as fast as a 1060. Am doing pretty well. Doom 2016 works fine at 720p, for example

>want to buy a new PC
>but also want to wait for new GPUs
what do I do?

>60 %
HAHAHAHA
gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-560-Ti-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1060-6GB/2180vs3639
More like 20 % with heavy VRAM drops

Yes, and that's a good thing.

because... ?

I just want to update my fucking drivers, not join a cult. Fuck registrations..I already bought your card, what do you want from me?

Attached: 1524103136415.jpg (447x303, 15K)

Jesus christ, chill your fucking fetish.

why does high look different from all other modes?

No, but you do need one to use geforce experience to auto check for updates and to partake in their gay as fuck overlay and recording bullshit.

Attached: 1529877811931.jpg (500x530, 49K)

Don't install that shit. The AMD driver isn't better. Both are bloated and shitty.

what are the temperatures of FE card you have? I can't decide whether buy FE or some more expensive card with good cooling, like asus strix

I don't game at all because I'm not 15 anymore.

Is a 970 worth buying at this point if I've been using a 660Ti for almost a decade?

Attached: 1529300287181.jpg (848x1200, 135K)

12nm Polaris 30 in late summer, non-HBM Navi to replace it next year, that's the current rumours I think.

developer.nvidia.com/rtx

only thing I'm excited for

>I can't fucking wait.
but you can

So can I. I've been waiting since 2012, I can wait a little longer. My 2500K/GTX670 rig still works. If the market wasn't getting jewed so hard I'd upgrade, but alas.

Late 2019, performs worse and draws more power.

The 480 isn't as bad. You just have to undervolt it. If you downvolt it you archieve the same performance because no thermal throttling. It draws about 110 W on full load then for the same performance as a 1060.

Obviously, just letting user know the pertinents. AMD drivers have generally been a little less bloaty but tend to be shittier from actual driver standpoint. Been that way since ATi days.

No, why the fuck would it? It been increments of 100 for the past 7 generations.

>GeForce 6xx
>GeForce 7xx
>???
>GeForce 9xx
Never did understand that random gap.

Attached: 1526240294288.jpg (604x453, 32K)

Geforce 800 series existed you retard.

I run a r9 nano on a mini itx and I feel old.

They'll name it whatever they want. Same reason why Microsoft skipped Windows 9 and Apple skipped iPhone 9.

No it didn't, the 8xxx did. 8 series =/= 8xx.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_800M_series

>700 series
>800 series
>900 series
>1000 series
>1100 series

...and my PS4 is still ticking.

I love how these autistic Internet losers without any business sense always get proven wrong. They really thought Red Dead Redemption 2 would be something like Red Dead Retribution. Lmfao.

Go back

Well lather me up and smack me in the face with a rubber schlong. Guess not paying attention to mobile shitters has fucked me here. I concede to your vastly superior autism and apologize for my faggotry.

I use both, the AMD driver seems to have ads. Also it shows the same game ready layer shit when installing. No way to turn it off.

The nvidia control panel is ancient but feels easier to use, its just annoying to wait when opening a new page. The old Ati catalyst was much better.

so let me get this straight

They don't want retailers to lower the price (went out and said it weeks ago)

They have a fuck ton of 1080 and 1080 TI in stock which they don't want to sell for some reason, and it will be thrown into the garbage can

They are now planning to release the 1100 series?

Is Nvidia on crack?

Nvidia wants to, because they are not selling the chips as fast they want.
OEMs want to because they are ending with a huge amount of stock now that GPU demand is really low again.
Samsung, SKHynx and Micron want to keep the prices high because price fixing.
Retailers want to keep prices high because they earn the biggest cut from all this.

By announcing the GTX 1100 series this means that the whole pascal line would be worthless and it would make no sense to buy them at such overpriced prices and stores will have to drop back to MSRP to be able to sell them because nobody would ever buy a overpriced 2 year old GPU when the new cards are 1 month away.
Otherwise they would end with a huge amount of stock that is not selling which is bad news.

look at that hot mess

>are they putting in that ray tracing chip in this?
That's gonna hit mainstream GPUs in maybe 3-5 years from now, according to Jensen.

>No, why the fuck would it?
To increment the first digit in the number, thus indicating to every ignorant consumer how fancy and new and better this new card is.

>I have paid to get an irreplaceable and unupgradeable system with a 660ti tier gpu in it

enjoy overpriced gimped garbage.

>unupgradeable
>what is ps4pro

Literally nothing wrong with telemetry.

I never upgrade my pc though. Usually by the time one part is obsolete the whole thing is.

>paying ~$650 for one piece of hardware
lmao just get a console

an entirely new piece of hardware you're buying when you could've saved money from both purchases and bought a system that does your retarded AAA consoleshit better and can do actual real world tasks

What are they gonna do? They only have Poolaris and lolvega and 7nm won't be released until ~mid next year.

Anyone that can't disable services or tasks on their own is not in a position to worry about any telemetry.

youtube.com/watch?v=b3_lVSrPB6w

nope, we're experiencing the breakdown of moore's law, buckle up!

when it clearly serves no one but the corporation there's something wrong with it.
not like that's a justification.

ok, but what do I do with my 1080 ti?

Attached: 3513b097392675dfc24230437fe97a3d.jpg (720x508, 113K)

Explain

depending on which one you are:
You're trying to assert that there is a benefit for the consumer to telemetry

or

you think that people should be spied on because they lack knowledge in a particular area, which makes you just as, if not more stupid than them

the ps3s are dead because of bad thermal interface under the heat spreader

amd fags on suicide watch

Good. Maybe people will try to program more efficient software.

I've always like AMD, mainly because of their stellar Linux support. I'm starting to drift away from GNU and using Windows, mostly. I don't think I can ever let go of Linux, though.

It's already on sale in Vietnam.
And for the low low price of $1500.
Good bless you nvidia

That will be 999 US Dollars, goyim.

you can turn off banner ads in the prefernce tab in amd settings

I hope the surplus of cards means a drastic cut in price on 10 series but it seems like a lot of people have been waiting.

It is going to be a minor bump over Pascal.

We already know the 1180Ti's performance is going to be 95% of the current Titan V.

Power efficiency is going to be sacrificed in order to make that small bump over Pascal. I suspect Nvidia is going to unlock voltage control on the 11 series GPUs as to justify its existance over current Pascal stuff.

Thank god, my RX 560 died last week.

Board partners have admitted to cheaping out when manufacturing AMD cards.

Good, I like overclocking more than I like gaming.