Is there any better alternatives to Google Maps?

Is there any better alternatives to Google Maps?

It's the only reason why I install GApps on my phone. I tried OSMAnd and it's terrible since I have to use coordinates instead of addresses.

Attached: 632px-GoogleMaps.svg.png (632x632, 20K)

Waze is pretty nice.

>initially developed by (((Israel)))
>now owned by (((Google)))
>supports nigger committing crimes

maps from fdroid

True, but it's still technically not a gapp and it works better than Google maps. Any GPS nav app will be botnet no matter what.

Locus maps, after you donwload offline maps for it, not sure if it's usable globally tho

Used to use these. But sadly use Google maps/Waze for Android auto support.
>HERE maps
>Skygic

yahoo maps if in japan

>Contrarianism for the sake of contrarianism
FOSS people need to create their own maps or else they are truly hypocrites.

Totally reasonable with little to no funding.

Crowd fund it like every other successful FOSS project.

>have to use coordinates instead of addresses
What? Searching by address works well, at least around Europe.

You mean OpenStreetMap?

>Any nonfree GPS nav app will be botnet no matter what
ftfy

What free/libre GPS apps are there?

>All GPS requires access to Government satellites
>not botnet

This. If you want nonbotnet directions get a paper map.

Take a look on f-droid

5/10, made me reply

The satellites are only transmitting, not receiving.

I can only hope.

>implying you can't be tracked by this method
Dumbasses

Literally how?
Imagine you have a dumb GPS, all it does is get the signal from 3 or more geostationary satellites and triangulate your position on its map from that. It's not transmitting anything anywhere, so how can it be tracked?

That's not the same thing as an app

>He thinks GPS Apps don't contain hidden bloat

>OSMAnd and it's terrible since I have to use coordinates instead of addresses.
Why don't you use the coordinates plugin for OSMAnd then?

The whole point of this argument is that because they're government satellites, you can be tracked for receiving their signal. Not that you're getting tracked by some shitty company to sell you ads.
GPS at its basest cannot be used to track anyone using it, because it's just a lot of geostationary satellite transmitters.

If you're using an offline app that only utilizes GPS permissions, then it might not be bloat. The GPS chip can only receive data, not send it out.

>OSMand
>coordinates instead of addresses.
in what way?
i type the street name and its working for me
you mean it doesnt point to the right plot number in the road? seems like osmand doesnt have numbers for aux streets in my personal use,
but osmand can calculate a traveling salesman route, , A-B-C, instead of just 2 points like gmaps on smartphones, overall, im prefering it so far, its just a tad heavier on the cpu

OsmAnd

> tfw you dont use crude cave drawings to figure out where the nearest starbucks is

Benefits of cave drawings:
free from botnet, fully open source
stable, rock solid code base
not bloated, takes up only one RAM so that its horn can draw on the wall
accurate, drawn by inuit natives who know the lay of the land by smell alone
platform and language independant. Can run on slate, granite or sandstone. No language needed.

Its 2018, time to switch to cave drawings already.

I'm running no gapps. Google maps in one of the few google apps that doesn't require the play framework. It runs perfectly. If that is the only thing holding you back, switch now and just keep maps. Download it on yalp or something.

Osmand is a nice piece of software but its complexity takes some getting used to. I've never had to use coordinates with it, but you have to understand that while almost all street names are mapped, almost no street numbers are, so you have to do the last 5% of the work yourself and find the closest intersection to your destination.

A small price for freedom. I recommend microg-built lineageos, with yalp store. A good balance of usability and freedom

HERE+ ultimate map software.
fuck off posers, be objective

2GIS but it has a limited selection of cities outside of Russia.