Alternative to Raspberry Pi

Are there any other cheap alternatives to a raspberry pi?
It doesn't need to be an SBC either necessarily, just a compact motherboard.

I want to house a portable computer inside a broken Gamecube shell. I think there's enough room to fit something larger than a pi in there too

Attached: Screenshot_20180706-132755.jpg (530x529, 177K)

This is why everyone hates millennials.

this is the coolest shit negro

Theres the asus tinkerboard. Cost more but has better specs.

Why do you want a cheap alternative to a raspberry pi instead of a raspberry pi?

What are you even gonna use it for

Orange Pi.
Stop your nonsense about a compact motherboard though, if you want to be taken seriously.

>cheaper than a fucking raspberry
how to tell you are unnemployed

It won't be cheaper, but what you can do is getting a mini itx motherboard and put that in there, bonus points for turning the controller ports into PS/2 and the memory card slots into SD readers

Anything with GPIO will do so you can connect those sweet controller ports and use the controllers to play on Dolphin

because they collect dust. You can't do anything productive with a pi. Opening libreoffice alone takes ages
Shitposting and trying different distros
possibly light gaymes in the case of retropi
I didn't say cheaper than a raspberry
I said alternatives which are similarly cheap
I was thinking mini STX would fit

there is litterally no economical option which will respect your freedoms. don't bother.

A mini-itx board will be too big. Also USB ports over PS/2 for front ports. But the memory card slot as SD card readers is a nice touch.

Asus tinker board. Quad core 1.8 GHz and 2GB RAM and gigabit LAN not shard with USB. About $50-$60 buckaroos.

>I was thinking mini STX would fit
NUC or any cheap chink windows 10 PC will do. Linux support will be hit and miss.

mini stx is smaller than mini itx so I think it would fit

the tinkerboard is only software rendering and all graphics are software only so that seems like a tight bottleneck despite seeming more powerful than the rpi3

>which will respect your freedoms
what if I stick a core2duo inside a mini motherboard? no ME, I win again

bump

>I want to house a portable computer inside a broken Gamecube shell
Why do people do shit like this?

You can get a Raspberry Pi Zero for $5, doesn't get much cheaper than that.

buy loads of pi's and cluster them together for better performance

reddit

Literally just stick an NUC or a Chromebox inside.

I don't think that's how it works

not cheaper than pi
just cheap