Bullshit General

What are some giveaways that a person or company has no substance and is just a bullshit factory?

I'll start with the most obvious one: They talk about using 'blockchain technology' in whatever platform or app they are selling.

Attached: 5903a8ea7dea7265008b539c.jpg (1200x900, 130K)

They buy into Jow Forums memes without being able to explain why.
>systemd is evil! w-why? er here's a copy pasta..

"privacy" in their name or slogan

Woman CEO

Blockchain technology is pretty useful for specific niche uses though, where documents or transactions have to get verified. For example to verify a mortgage is given, an object is insured and so on. In theory you could even develop it further and use it to verify someone's car ownership. But it's all theoretical, because nobody uses it yet.

Most blockchain applications don't need a blockchain or a token.

Poettering please go

Good thing I know nothing about systemd or what it actually does.

> No physical premises
> One single person has all the main executive roles
> Managed to acquire funding without any funding rounds and won't disclose how
> Talk about IPO without announcing any metrics
> Talk about IPO without having a business model
> Talk about IPO without generating any revenue
> Advertising jobs on craigslist/facebook/social media that are written in an unprofessional manner and offer only equity as payment
> Advertising jobs with no clearly defined roles or responsibilities - just 'rockstar/ninja/pirate/badass'
> That friend that you remember from university that was always really shit at programming and time management somehow went from being a test analyst to 'Executive Director of Engineering Operations' in 4 months
> Litigiousness for a very small company
> Talk about being in an accelerated growth phase with no user base

Haven't i seen this post on reddit already?

some bullshit keywords:
>IOT
>full stack
>cloud
>as a service
>artificial intelligence
>autonomous database

>Employees must be capable of working in a dynamic environment

My personal favorite buzzwords:
>monads
>monoids
>functional programming

literally what this client was trying to get me to do today. An IoT software as a service that uses AI to keep data on the cloud and machine learns a QR code scanner. He wanted me to do it 'for cheap' by August. LMAO where do I find a real fucking job? You get one felony and these tight assed fucks don't even respond to your appli

>go full retard
>why am I treated like a retard
never go full retard

NSA, is that you?

RETARD DETECTED

Blockchain == slow database.

It has it's niche uses but there's so much hype around it that people are using it for stuff that would be way better as a regular database.

>advanced

-they wear thick frame glasses
-they program with macs
-they call programming "coding"
-they are active on social networks during business hours

>Person claims they're a programmer for a living
>No UwU post history
>Not a single pair of programming socks

For fuck's sake. If you don't even own the bare essentials, how can you expect anyone to believe you?

Because it's too big and doesn't follow the unix philosophy, larger attack surface, hardcoded google DNS fallback, etc, etc.. But I'm still using it.

also journalctl is crap, i just want a fucking plaintext log file

based

wat felony user?

>Blockchain
>Ethereum

Fuck these people. Absolute fucking monkeys repeating everything they hear. It's no wonder because this whole space grew from a word of mouth marketing campaign.

Also to add to that. If someone mentions any combination of AI, Blockchain, and IoT just walk away.

bait

They fail the "real world" test. If you claim something is great, demonstrate it in practice with a real demo.

E.g. if you advocate that a programming language is super-duper, show us something cool written in it, don't just comment on the language's semantics.

Same thing with blockchain. Give us actual figures about throughput, cost, etc. not some whitepaper bullshit that ignores most of the problems. You convince people by making something work, not just claiming it does.

Are you American?
Most non-US companies probably don't give a shit about your felonies.