Windows XP

>an elegant, professional interface that makes finding what you need fast and intuitive
>a powerful suite of administrative and productivity tools that focus on security so you can focus on work
>usability, compatibility, interoperability; there are no barriers between you and your goal

welcome to XP country

Attached: 1418741398252.png (800x500, 275K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w6lYYjIFvks
koinovacance.org/rup/windows/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tools that focus on security
>XP
hahaha, no.

filthy, dumb, passposter scum

Attached: 1530907030784.jpg (1366x768, 179K)

internally, it was compromised from the start. Otherwise, yes, you can do a lot of shit with XP, and it's interface did not feel patronizing.

Still my favorite. Vista was a mistake I like the ideas but shit implementation. 7 is what XP should turned into. 8 was a mistake. 8.1 is damage control. 10 = botnet hell.

Sadly, steam is pulling support for for XP in January of 2019, because of fucking google chrome that is embedded into steam. Fucking hell. Google fucks everything up.

>cumulative security updates until April 9, 2019
>26,000+ hours of life cycle support

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\WPA\PosReady]
"Installed"=dword:00000001

Attached: 1458133210481.png (942x575, 1.05M)

why the fuck do you use steam for?

What is it about the XP aesthetic that makes it so appealing? Is it simple nostalgia, or is there an actual design reason?

Its getting more and more difficult to operate on XP. I might just have to make the switch to Vista and see what all the hype is about.

Just jump over to 7 .... fucking traitor.

For the social aspect of it

youtube.com/watch?v=w6lYYjIFvks

Ahh, now that's what I call an OS commercial!

Attached: 1525388794348s.jpg (250x229, 8K)

Windows XP.... Now that was an OS.

Attached: 1525388794348.png (380x349, 77K)

What is Millenial's choice of winblows?

Actually XP is only correct answer. 98 is boomer, 7 and above is zoomer.

>elegant, professional
>usability
>compatibility
>security
ahaha *burp*

based boomers

> Professional
> Plastic babby theme as default

Attached: index.jpg (252x200, 19K)

>an elegant, professional interface that makes finding what you need fast and intuitive
It looks like Fisher-Price.
>a powerful suite of administrative and productivity tools that focus on security so you can focus on work
XP admin tools blow. Try 7/8.1/10/Server.
>usability, compatibility, interoperability; there are no barriers between you and your goal
Except that a great many programs won't run on XP anymore. 64 bit XP exists but driver support is poor. 32 bit XP is limited to 4 GB RAM even if you have PAE, and you can't run 64 bit programs.

Let's face it, XP blows today.

>Using a commercial OS that has no support from the parent company
>Using an OS older than the average user of this board
>Using an OS that even in its prime was nowhere near as good as you spergs pretend/think it was
No. XP country died almost half a decade ago. Let it stay dead. Good fucking riddance.

>discarding this thing of beauty for the autistic lego shit

Attached: Windows_whistler.gif (1024x768, 48K)

koinovacance.org/rup/windows/

Win XP REAL ULTIMATE POWER!

It just werks and doesn’t use your ram like a cheap hooker uses cocaine.

>Zoomer
I am waiting for the day when the gays take on naming generations. We have already started using funny names, so let me show you the future:
Zoomer, zlgbtqoomer, zlgbtqbbqoomer, zbbqbbqbbqoomer, bbqoomer, transfoomer, ultrameganiggaboomer, zoomercoin and the classic: igeneration

>Implying
Every actual boomer I know that owns a computer runs Windows 10 with the exception of my father who runs Ubuntu because I got tired of fixing his shit every time some other dumbass boomer opened an email that was infected with a virus that would spread itself by emailing everyone in their address book. Ever since I moved him to Ubuntu, now all I have to do is SSH into his machine after 9pm when he's asleep and upgrade all of the packages. I keep waiting for the day that breaks something and I have to go over there to fix it because he wakes up to a TTY only machine and calls me in a panic that the Russians and North Koreans hacked him

YOU'RE NOT RESPECTING MY OOMERNOUNS

Ah yeah, how could I forget oh the feminoomers and socialjusticewoomers

you’re delusional as Point of Sale XP is still perfectly viable for regular use. reliability assured! Forget the problems of today NOW make the Switch to XP country

Any company stupid enough to run customer payment information through an OS five version behind current deserves what they get.

there are entire nations still running their ATMs and POS on XP, its still safe

I think Luna is hideous. During the xp era, i would either use the classic theme or rice it. The sound effects and default backgrounds were nice though. I even still have the sample music.

>10 = botnet hell.

I really like the interface and design philosophy of 10, but I wish I could disable all the bloatware and botnet stuff.

>XP
That's not how you type 2000. Miss me with that fisher price shit.

Attached: unknown (1).png (1920x1080, 1.35M)

My first Windows was 3.1 and Windows 10 is hands down the best for regular people. Unless you have professional needs, a preference for any other is irrational. It's find to be nostalgic, but you should have the self awareness to see your feelings for what they are not try to rationalize an opinion that has nothing to do with facts.

Buy Windows Edu then, you can get it for like 20$ and it allows you turn off everything.

>internally, it was compromised from the start
How so?

Go to the pub for that